HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 07:35 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seto View Post
"If Mike Komisarek was a forward his name would be David Clarkson."
Year 2 buyout? I wonder...

He's not going to be more than a third line guy who pisses everyone off and gets boo'd out of Toronto.

He played on our third line here for goodness sake. And Leafs fans expected a 2nd liner?

Old
11-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

vCash: 500
But, but, he's Wendel Clarkson?

I do wish Clarkson the best in Toronto, even though I don't like the Leafs to be honest. But he's such a likable personality (off-ice), when you don't watch him play he's a fan favourite. It's just the contract he has will make him public enemy number 1, which isn't really fair but that's Toronto media for you.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:45 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

i thought the problem was keeping kovalchuk and letting parise go? kovy’s gone…we still suck. ‘hucksterbeek’ (the one who puppeteered lou into signing kovy apparently) is gone. who do we blame?

the last time this team didn’t suck (outside of what has to obvious was a fluke cup run) was when JL took the reigns over for that half season. I really think the team is ok (if we can stay healthy and if Merrill is ok) as it stands. get JL in there now, before any chance of a playoff spot is lost.

Old
11-04-2013, 08:18 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
We have become the milbury islanders. God help us all.

Old
11-04-2013, 08:41 AM
njdevil26

We can't say that the on ice product is unacceptable because right now there's no remedy for this.

Injured and not playing:
Patrik Elias, Travis Zajac, Ryane Clowe, Bryce Salvador, Anton Volchenkov, Peter Harrold, Jon Merrill

Injured and playing:
Damien Brunner, Andrei Loktionov

This team is decimated by injuries right now. Mix that with some veterans like Zubrus and Zajac that are just not getting it done.

The Devils need to get healthy.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:03 AM
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer

I'm laughing so hard reading that Clarkson thread

Remember when all the Leaf fans were celebrating because they thought they finally landed an "Elite" free agent, and how we were so butthurt about him leaving.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:07 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
I'm laughing so hard reading that Clarkson thread

Remember when all the Leaf fans were celebrating because they thought they finally landed an "Elite" free agent, and how we were so butthurt about him leaving.
but i've been reliably informed that Clarkson is amazing and Devils fans are just bitter......

Old
11-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

he may only put up .3 pts a game for the contract but I guarantee he'll score over a pt/game against us. Probably a wrap around game winner too.

#destiny

We're all a bunch of sausage sticks walking around. None of us really wants to see how we were made.
Old
11-04-2013, 10:14 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

is anybody else seeing fayne regress in a major way this year? i couldn’t help but notice how much he had fallen off on Saturday. it may just be a product of the team he’s on, maybe its from being scratched…whatever the reason, it’s just really disappointing. again, a case of ‘if JL was here’ he’d be having a norris caliber season. I just don’t want to get a low return if/when we deal him

Old
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
is anybody else seeing fayne regress in a major way this year? i couldn’t help but notice how much he had fallen off on Saturday. it may just be a product of the team he’s on, maybe its from being scratched…whatever the reason, it’s just really disappointing. again, a case of ‘if JL was here’ he’d be having a norris caliber season. I just don’t want to get a low return if/when we deal him
It could also be possible we have just been overrating him pretty badly two, and he is just an ok defenseman. It is worth considering as I don't think Lemaire magically makes half the defense norris caliber right now.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

*Fayne has been unimpressive for sure (*insert rest of team's names here).

Whether that's out of fear, mismanagement, seeing shiny prospects in the rear view mirror, or just a disdain for the system/coaches... we may never know.

I know Jerry G for one is still riding around on the Fayne train but I don't know how many people are riding with him at this point. I hope there's a reason to get back on board though.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:32 AM
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer

The one poster who said:
"I only notice Clarkson because of his terrible skating stride" cracked me up haha.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
njdevil26

Thank you... people are seeing what I see in Fayne. I got flamed hardcore when I said I'm not a fan of his.

He does not have a lot of speed... either has no shot or has no desire to actually use it... and he doesn't have a lot of skill. I was told he is one of the best defenders in the league in getting the puck out of his own zone... well in the last two games he has to have at least 20 failed clear attempts.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Thank you... people are seeing what I see in Fayne. I got flamed hardcore when I said I'm not a fan of his.

He does not have a lot of speed... either has no shot or has no desire to actually use it... and he doesn't have a lot of skill. I was told he is one of the best defenders in the league in getting the puck out of his own zone... well in the last two games he has to have at least 20 failed clear attempts.
you weren't told that, you were shown statistics that proved that. big difference.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
you weren't told that, you were shown statistics that proved that. big difference.
That's wonderful.... and none of that means ANYTHING because of the visual FACT that our defensive group is by far the worst group in the league and turning D into O and transitioning in the neutral zone. Your stats are great but in the last two games his inability to clear the zone is alarming and he has 0 pts in 8 games. Today's NHL is about production. Guys don't survive unless they produce on some level.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Mark Fayne is never going to produce points so if you are waiting for that to happen you're barking up the wrong tree

Old
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
*Fayne has been unimpressive for sure (*insert rest of team's names here).

Whether that's out of fear, mismanagement, seeing shiny prospects in the rear view mirror, or just a disdain for the system/coaches... we may never know.

I know Jerry G for one is still riding around on the Fayne train but I don't know how many people are riding with him at this point. I hope there's a reason to get back on board though.
I do too, I really like him as a player, and do still think he is quite solid, but he isn't playing that great right now and I am not ready to just throw this blanket excuse that Pete or Lou have somehow ruined him.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
It could also be possible we have just been overrating him pretty badly two, and he is just an ok defenseman. It is worth considering as I don't think Lemaire magically makes half the defense norris caliber right now.
norris was an exaggeration, but i disagree. i think lemaire makes this team a contender within 2 weeks

Old
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
The one poster who said:
"I only notice Clarkson because of his terrible skating stride" cracked me up haha.
David Clarkson has Doug Glatt ankles.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer

Everyone on defense has looked pretty bad this year. Greene has been dog crap all year.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:41 AM
njdevil26

Don't. Want. Lemaire.

All Lemaire and trap hockey do is win games 1-0, 2-1, and so on putting people to sleep and fooling us into thinking guys like Mark Fayne are worth multi million dollar contracts as we fizzle out of the playoffs as we're overpowered by the oppositions offense.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:41 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Everyone on defense has looked pretty bad this year. Greene has been dog crap all year.
Agreed. Zidlicky has been okay because he can actually run a play... .and Gelinas has been great because he can actually (GASP!!!!) hit the net with a shot!!! and he shoots!!!!

Old
11-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

I enjoy how some people are clamoring for change but then want Lemaire to come back.

LET IT GO.

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i thought the problem was keeping kovalchuk and letting parise go? kovy’s gone…we still suck. ‘hucksterbeek’ (the one who puppeteered lou into signing kovy apparently) is gone. who do we blame?

the last time this team didn’t suck (outside of what has to obvious was a fluke cup run) was when JL took the reigns over for that half season. I really think the team is ok (if we can stay healthy and if Merrill is ok) as it stands. get JL in there now, before any chance of a playoff spot is lost.
They still had 100+ points in '11-12, 'fluke' run or not, they didn't suck that year. It wasn't the '91 North Stars making the Finals fifteen games under .500

We'll never really know if that was a fluke run to be honest. You lose Parise and a great coaching staff while Kovy leaves his heart in Russia during that whole protracted offseason, that's a HUGE chunk of the team.

Old
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post

hes one of those players that works well when the system works well (mike mottau-esque). i'd like to keep him, because i know he can succeed in the right environment. his falling off is a bit unsettling, but again so is the whole team.

Closed Thread