HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2013, 07:35 AM
  #926
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seto View Post
"If Mike Komisarek was a forward his name would be David Clarkson."
Year 2 buyout? I wonder...

He's not going to be more than a third line guy who pisses everyone off and gets boo'd out of Toronto.

He played on our third line here for goodness sake. And Leafs fans expected a 2nd liner?

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 07:39 AM
  #927
Cheddabombs
Status Quo
 
Cheddabombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
But, but, he's Wendel Clarkson?

I do wish Clarkson the best in Toronto, even though I don't like the Leafs to be honest. But he's such a likable personality (off-ice), when you don't watch him play he's a fan favourite. It's just the contract he has will make him public enemy number 1, which isn't really fair but that's Toronto media for you.

Cheddabombs is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 07:45 AM
  #928
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,001
vCash: 500
i thought the problem was keeping kovalchuk and letting parise go? kovy’s gone…we still suck. ‘hucksterbeek’ (the one who puppeteered lou into signing kovy apparently) is gone. who do we blame?

the last time this team didn’t suck (outside of what has to obvious was a fluke cup run) was when JL took the reigns over for that half season. I really think the team is ok (if we can stay healthy and if Merrill is ok) as it stands. get JL in there now, before any chance of a playoff spot is lost.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 08:18 AM
  #929
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
We have become the milbury islanders. God help us all.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 08:41 AM
  #930
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 500
We can't say that the on ice product is unacceptable because right now there's no remedy for this.

Injured and not playing:
Patrik Elias, Travis Zajac, Ryane Clowe, Bryce Salvador, Anton Volchenkov, Peter Harrold, Jon Merrill

Injured and playing:
Damien Brunner, Andrei Loktionov

This team is decimated by injuries right now. Mix that with some veterans like Zubrus and Zajac that are just not getting it done.

The Devils need to get healthy.

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:03 AM
  #931
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,616
vCash: 500
I'm laughing so hard reading that Clarkson thread

Remember when all the Leaf fans were celebrating because they thought they finally landed an "Elite" free agent, and how we were so butthurt about him leaving.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:07 AM
  #932
KaossKing
Pacing Well
 
KaossKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
I'm laughing so hard reading that Clarkson thread

Remember when all the Leaf fans were celebrating because they thought they finally landed an "Elite" free agent, and how we were so butthurt about him leaving.
but i've been reliably informed that Clarkson is amazing and Devils fans are just bitter......


KaossKing is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:12 AM
  #933
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
GO SJ & CBJ
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,153
vCash: 50
he may only put up .3 pts a game for the contract but I guarantee he'll score over a pt/game against us. Probably a wrap around game winner too.

#destiny

__________________

We're all a bunch of sausage sticks walking around. None of us really wants to see how we were made.
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:14 AM
  #934
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,001
vCash: 500
is anybody else seeing fayne regress in a major way this year? i couldn’t help but notice how much he had fallen off on Saturday. it may just be a product of the team he’s on, maybe its from being scratched…whatever the reason, it’s just really disappointing. again, a case of ‘if JL was here’ he’d be having a norris caliber season. I just don’t want to get a low return if/when we deal him

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
  #935
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 10,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
is anybody else seeing fayne regress in a major way this year? i couldn’t help but notice how much he had fallen off on Saturday. it may just be a product of the team he’s on, maybe its from being scratched…whatever the reason, it’s just really disappointing. again, a case of ‘if JL was here’ he’d be having a norris caliber season. I just don’t want to get a low return if/when we deal him
It could also be possible we have just been overrating him pretty badly two, and he is just an ok defenseman. It is worth considering as I don't think Lemaire magically makes half the defense norris caliber right now.

Emperoreddy is online now  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:31 AM
  #936
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
GO SJ & CBJ
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,153
vCash: 50
*Fayne has been unimpressive for sure (*insert rest of team's names here).

Whether that's out of fear, mismanagement, seeing shiny prospects in the rear view mirror, or just a disdain for the system/coaches... we may never know.

I know Jerry G for one is still riding around on the Fayne train but I don't know how many people are riding with him at this point. I hope there's a reason to get back on board though.

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:32 AM
  #937
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,616
vCash: 500
The one poster who said:
"I only notice Clarkson because of his terrible skating stride" cracked me up haha.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
  #938
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 500
Thank you... people are seeing what I see in Fayne. I got flamed hardcore when I said I'm not a fan of his.

He does not have a lot of speed... either has no shot or has no desire to actually use it... and he doesn't have a lot of skill. I was told he is one of the best defenders in the league in getting the puck out of his own zone... well in the last two games he has to have at least 20 failed clear attempts.

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:34 AM
  #939
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 35,746
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Thank you... people are seeing what I see in Fayne. I got flamed hardcore when I said I'm not a fan of his.

He does not have a lot of speed... either has no shot or has no desire to actually use it... and he doesn't have a lot of skill. I was told he is one of the best defenders in the league in getting the puck out of his own zone... well in the last two games he has to have at least 20 failed clear attempts.
you weren't told that, you were shown statistics that proved that. big difference.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
  #940
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
you weren't told that, you were shown statistics that proved that. big difference.
That's wonderful.... and none of that means ANYTHING because of the visual FACT that our defensive group is by far the worst group in the league and turning D into O and transitioning in the neutral zone. Your stats are great but in the last two games his inability to clear the zone is alarming and he has 0 pts in 8 games. Today's NHL is about production. Guys don't survive unless they produce on some level.

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:37 AM
  #941
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 35,746
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Mark Fayne is never going to produce points so if you are waiting for that to happen you're barking up the wrong tree

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
  #942
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 10,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
*Fayne has been unimpressive for sure (*insert rest of team's names here).

Whether that's out of fear, mismanagement, seeing shiny prospects in the rear view mirror, or just a disdain for the system/coaches... we may never know.

I know Jerry G for one is still riding around on the Fayne train but I don't know how many people are riding with him at this point. I hope there's a reason to get back on board though.
I do too, I really like him as a player, and do still think he is quite solid, but he isn't playing that great right now and I am not ready to just throw this blanket excuse that Pete or Lou have somehow ruined him.

Emperoreddy is online now  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
  #943
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
It could also be possible we have just been overrating him pretty badly two, and he is just an ok defenseman. It is worth considering as I don't think Lemaire magically makes half the defense norris caliber right now.
norris was an exaggeration, but i disagree. i think lemaire makes this team a contender within 2 weeks

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
  #944
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.
 
Baggy Spandex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fake Rangerfanville
Country: United States
Posts: 3,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
The one poster who said:
"I only notice Clarkson because of his terrible skating stride" cracked me up haha.
David Clarkson has Doug Glatt ankles.

Baggy Spandex is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
  #945
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,616
vCash: 500
Everyone on defense has looked pretty bad this year. Greene has been dog crap all year.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:41 AM
  #946
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 500
Don't. Want. Lemaire.

All Lemaire and trap hockey do is win games 1-0, 2-1, and so on putting people to sleep and fooling us into thinking guys like Mark Fayne are worth multi million dollar contracts as we fizzle out of the playoffs as we're overpowered by the oppositions offense.

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:41 AM
  #947
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Everyone on defense has looked pretty bad this year. Greene has been dog crap all year.
Agreed. Zidlicky has been okay because he can actually run a play... .and Gelinas has been great because he can actually (GASP!!!!) hit the net with a shot!!! and he shoots!!!!

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:42 AM
  #948
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 35,746
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I enjoy how some people are clamoring for change but then want Lemaire to come back.

LET IT GO.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:42 AM
  #949
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i thought the problem was keeping kovalchuk and letting parise go? kovy’s gone…we still suck. ‘hucksterbeek’ (the one who puppeteered lou into signing kovy apparently) is gone. who do we blame?

the last time this team didn’t suck (outside of what has to obvious was a fluke cup run) was when JL took the reigns over for that half season. I really think the team is ok (if we can stay healthy and if Merrill is ok) as it stands. get JL in there now, before any chance of a playoff spot is lost.
They still had 100+ points in '11-12, 'fluke' run or not, they didn't suck that year. It wasn't the '91 North Stars making the Finals fifteen games under .500

We'll never really know if that was a fluke run to be honest. You lose Parise and a great coaching staff while Kovy leaves his heart in Russia during that whole protracted offseason, that's a HUGE chunk of the team.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 10:42 AM
  #950
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Thank you... people are seeing what I see in Fayne. I got flamed hardcore when I said I'm not a fan of his.

He does not have a lot of speed... either has no shot or has no desire to actually use it... and he doesn't have a lot of skill. I was told he is one of the best defenders in the league in getting the puck out of his own zone... well in the last two games he has to have at least 20 failed clear attempts.
hes one of those players that works well when the system works well (mike mottau-esque). i'd like to keep him, because i know he can succeed in the right environment. his falling off is a bit unsettling, but again so is the whole team.

MartyOwns is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.