HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Agreed. Zidlicky has been okay because he can actually run a play... .and Gelinas has been great because he can actually (GASP!!!!) hit the net with a shot!!! and he shoots!!!!
I'm not a fan of Zids, but I realize that we need a player who plays that way. I love Gelinas, but I fear he too will start to fade fast in this "system".

Old
11-04-2013, 11:45 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Don't. Want. Lemaire.

All Lemaire and trap hockey do is win games 1-0, 2-1, and so on putting people to sleep and fooling us into thinking guys like Mark Fayne are worth multi million dollar contracts as we fizzle out of the playoffs as we're overpowered by the oppositions offense.
its so funny. before we fired jmac for him i heard a lot of the same criticism. almost verbatim. and its just untrue speculation. he's a step in between what we need today and what we wil need for the future (BOUCHER). no respect, that guy

Old
11-04-2013, 11:46 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

The defense blows because the mastermind behind the defense when it was successful is living it up in San Jose. The D has been **** ever since.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:46 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Fayne was very good in '11-12, it wasn't all Lemaire. He has zero offensive game and doesn't wow you with big body checks but I want to see him under another staff before I concede he's not an NHL defenseman anymore.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:56 AM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
its so funny. before we fired jmac for him i heard a lot of the same criticism. almost verbatim. and its just untrue speculation. he's a step in between what we need today and what we wil need for the future (BOUCHER). no respect, that guy
I simply just don't agree. I think Vanderbeek hurt this team more than you will know with the financial issues and Lou has been questionable as a GM. The cup run was amazing two years ago. That team had a strong Brodeur as well as Kovalchuk, Parise, and Clarkson... also Sykora that came out of nowhere with 20 goals and a version of Henrique that he has not yet lived back up to. Kovy, Parise, and Clarkson are gone and replaced with a guy like Ryder who can't stick on a team and disappears when he's not scoring, Brunner who can wow you one game and disappear for 10, and Clowe who's immediately got a concussion and disappeared. Meanwhile, Salvador was playing way over his head and is now back down to Earth and injured, and the fourth line is losing its luster as they aren't really producing anything.

All a guy like Lemaire does is distract Lou from paying attention to the future. In the last few years, we have the worst start in franchise history in 10-11 and no playoffs, a cup run because everything went right, another playoff miss and horrible collapse in 12-13, and now a team that looks lost and bound for an early summer. As far as the future goes, we are fine in goal with Schneider and defense with Larsson, Gelinas, Merrill, and Severson... but apart from two projects in Boucher and Matteau, there is ZERO to look forward to offensively with this team. Tedenby and Josefson are just not able to put it together... and I still have hope for Loktionov if he stays between Jagr and Elias but Jagr will be gone and Elias is not a young guy.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
I simply just don't agree. I think Vanderbeek hurt this team more than you will know with the financial issues and Lou has been questionable as a GM. The cup run was amazing two years ago. That team had a strong Brodeur as well as Kovalchuk, Parise, and Clarkson... also Sykora that came out of nowhere with 20 goals and a version of Henrique that he has not yet lived back up to. Kovy, Parise, and Clarkson are gone and replaced with a guy like Ryder who can't stick on a team and disappears when he's not scoring, Brunner who can wow you one game and disappear for 10, and Clowe who's immediately got a concussion and disappeared. Meanwhile, Salvador was playing way over his head and is now back down to Earth and injured, and the fourth line is losing its luster as they aren't really producing anything.

All a guy like Lemaire does is distract Lou from paying attention to the future. In the last few years, we have the worst start in franchise history in 10-11 and no playoffs, a cup run because everything went right, another playoff miss and horrible collapse in 12-13, and now a team that looks lost and bound for an early summer. As far as the future goes, we are fine in goal with Schneider and defense with Larsson, Gelinas, Merrill, and Severson... but apart from two projects in Boucher and Matteau, there is ZERO to look forward to offensively with this team. Tedenby and Josefson are just not able to put it together... and I still have hope for Loktionov if he stays between Jagr and Elias but Jagr will be gone and Elias is not a young guy.
I couldn’t disagree more. merill severson larsson are all going to just fine under this regime? I really don’t think so. I’d rather have lemaire guiding them than deboer and his staff. teddy, if memory serves, actually did pretty well under lemaire.

and like I said…lemaire as an interim until we can finally get SOME stability behind the bench

Old
11-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
and like I said…lemaire as an interim until we can finally get SOME stability behind the bench
The thing is that we have stability behind the bench and the entire board basically wants to blow that up and fire him because we're losing. At some point in time this team needs to stop moving backwards with rehashes like Sykora, Arnott, Lemaire, etc and start trying to create a new identity, which is what PDB has brought to this team.

People can snark about that last line all they want, but the new identity and style of play is what helped us get to the finals. Going backwards is not the answer. Sometimes you just have to ride it out. People are likely panicking because of no first round pick this year, but that's okay. You can recoup those losses when the trade deadline comes.

Sometimes you just have to stay the course and not overreact to every loss. We could switch the coach and still get the same **** performance out of the team (Flyers, anyone?) and then you just ended up screwing the team up for no good reason. This isn't nearly as bad as the Johnny Mac era.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

I'd keep DeBoer. It looks like he got the message about playing younger players. Gelinas is playing over 20 min a game. Larsson has been consistently in the lineup and Merrill was given a shot... ( still feel so bad for him ). Assistants can be looked at. I was kind of hoping Laviolette would be hired as an assistant or even Paul Maurice.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Regardless of who coaches, the teams "mantra" comes from above and will never change. Lou needs to go, then the new coach can do what he normally would. God I wish someone from the sharks or another forward visioned team would replace Lou.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
I'd keep DeBoer. It looks like he got the message about playing younger players. Gelinas is playing over 20 min a game. Larsson has been consistently in the lineup and Merrill was given a shot... ( still feel so bad for him ). Assistants can be looked at. I was kind of hoping Laviolette would be hired as an assistant or even Paul Maurice.
he didnt really have a choice but to play the young guys now

Old
11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

why get a new PP coach. its clear Petey is running the PP. its almost the exact same as the 5v5 system

Old
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Olesz waived, per Mckenzie

Old
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Olesz waived

Old
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
It's a start

Old
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

I hope someone picks him up.... and I hope that means Clowe is going to be ready soon.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:21 PM
CerebralGenesis

bye bye olesz

you tried hard in tough buildings

Old
11-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Emperoreddy
Mr. Snrub

Why did we just waive Olsez? Is someone coming back that we need roster space?

Old
11-04-2013, 12:22 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

finally some sanity

Old
11-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
because he stinks to high heaven

Old
11-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Devilsfanatic0421
"You're next"

Quote:
Surprised he was the first option. Was waiting for Tedenby or Josefson to be waived.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:24 PM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Correct.

If no one claims him, it's not a horrible contract to have to pay in the NHL... and gets a mil in cap space for any potential moves.

Old
Emperoreddy
Mr. Snrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I get that, but with Zajac, Clowe, and Elias all hurt seems odd to do it now or am I missing something? Rather him then one of the kids like JJ or Tedy. Right move, but I am just confused why now and not when Zajac, Clowe and Elias return

Old
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

thank the lord

Old
11-04-2013, 12:25 PM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

vCash: 1120
Quote:
He got Butler'd

Old
11-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
I get that, but with Zajac, Clowe, and Elias all hurt seems odd to do it now or am I missing something? Rather him then one of the kids like JJ or Tedy. Right move, but I am just confused why now and not when Zajac, Clowe and Elias return
we're off until Thursday I am sure that at least one of those guys will be back by then.

Last edited by Emperoreddy: 11-04-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Closed Thread