HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Generals' Cassels forging own path to NHL

Old
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
HF Article

vCash: 500
Generals' Cassels forging own path to NHL

From 1999 thru 2002, Andrew Cassels spent three years playing centre for the Vancouver Canucks. Just over a decade later, another Cassels — his son, Cole Cassels — is hoping to make an impact on the west coast in the not-too-distant future.

“On draft day, after it happened, once we got back to the hotel we started reminiscing and talking about how odd it is and how cool it is,” the younger Cassels explained. Cole was drafted in the third round, 85th overall, of the 2013 NHL Draft by the Canucks, while father Andrew was a first-round selection 26 years earlier by the Montreal Canadiensread more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Siludin

He's definitely the most intriguing prospect we have. He can fly totally under the radar for the next four years while consistently developing in the minors, as most peoples' eyes will be on our other young guys (Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Horvat, and even Kassian/Schroeder/Jensen, not to mention whoever we draft this next year).

Siludin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:27 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
He's definitely the most intriguing prospect we have. He can fly totally under the radar for the next four years while consistently developing in the minors, as most peoples' eyes will be on our other young guys (Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Horvat, and even Kassian/Schroeder, not to mention whoever we draft this next year).
Not sure about "most" intriguing as we have a few that can challenge for that label. Kenins, McNally, Subban?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Pip
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
"forging"

nice

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Siludin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Not sure about "most" intriguing as we have a few that can challenge for that label. Kenins, McNally, Subban?
Subban is the only other one that leaves me as curious as Cassels. The fact that he's so low on our centre depth chart, while likely to be kept around for another contract due to his organizational ties, makes him more interesting.

Patrick McNally losing a year of hockey makes him a lot less intriguing to me. Even if he returns to form with Harvard again this year, I think he'll have to really impress to be given a genuine chance. The fact that the organization is pretty thin on defensive prospects is the only reason McNally's name gets onto the boards this much.

As for Kenins, I'm a bit more excited for Grenier right now. They both seem fascinating players that this team hasn't had much of recently (oversized wingers who can contribute).

Siludin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 04:20 AM
nameless1
Apathy is great!

It is not a bad article...
But the word "thru" should not be there.
The author has to be more careful with the proofreads...
Because it is the only one that I find...
Which really makes it stand out.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Nick the Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
It is not a bad article...
But the word "thru" should not be there.
The author has to be more careful with the proofreads...
Because it is the only one that I find...
Which really makes it stand out.
Pot, meet kettle.

Nick the Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:27 AM
avelanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
Subban is the only other one that leaves me as curious as Cassels. The fact that he's so low on our centre depth chart, while likely to be kept around for another contract due to his organizational ties, makes him more interesting.

Patrick McNally losing a year of hockey makes him a lot less intriguing to me. Even if he returns to form with Harvard again this year, I think he'll have to really impress to be given a genuine chance. The fact that the organization is pretty thin on defensive prospects is the only reason McNally's name gets onto the boards this much.

As for Kenins, I'm a bit more excited for Grenier right now. They both seem fascinating players that this team hasn't had much of recently (oversized wingers who can contribute).
Aside from Corrado, Mcnally is definitely one of the most offensive d-men we have in the system. Hopefully the year off was spent getting bigger and faster, and he wasn't just wellwooding it up. Harvard's season (finally) starts this saturday, hopefully he returns to form/is better than ever. the next closest is Subban and then... yeah.

avelanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:05 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Viking View Post
Pot, meet kettle.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:13 AM
avelanch

Cassels seems to be one of the steals of the draft. Glad we took a chance on him.

avelanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 06:35 PM
prophetofgreed

I really liked Cassels game, and hopefully he continues his great play and becomes a surprise of the draft.

prophetofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Viking View Post
Pot, meet kettle.
The OT poet gets burned.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote