HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

New Idea for future NHL games.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

vCash: 500
New Idea for future NHL games.

Idea: Have line changes be implemented in EASHL club.

Gameplay: There would be a "Be a pro" endurance meter while you play. When the meter gets low you can simply go for a line change by going near the bench a pressing a button. (during club, you can communicate for a dump and team line changes)

Why:
It adds realism to the game. Being hemmed into your own zone, you would want a goalie whistle for a fresh line to get out there. Icing would be serious if your player is dead tired. On the PK, you can bring out your two-way forwards and grinders.

Attributes: Endurance would essentially be the same. Durability is something that can change, it can now affect how much worse your player gets from fatigue.

Example: Lets assume you're using a 99 everything player. When your endurance meter is full, these attributes stay in tact. When its half full, you'll see a decline in attributes, maybe you're now 97-95 everywhere, once it goes down to 0 endurance, thats when it takes full effect. Your player drops to 85 everywhere. If you have really low durability then your attributes drop alot, if you have really high durability then your attributes wouldn't take a big hit. Having it this way would add extra incentive to make line changes, and not stay out there for 10+ minute shifts.

Edit your Pro: Right now you have a LW, C, RW, D, and you can choose 1 player type for each of these positions.

With line changes you can now have 4 sets of LW, C, RW and 3 sets of D.
So lets say i play LW for my club. I can have my 1st line LW be a SNP, 2nd line be a PWF, 3rd be a TWF, 4th be a GRN. It gives me options depending on which situation is needed.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
JaeTM

vCash: 500
I like the idea. Maybe have a maximum amount of points able to spend on all four players. Otherwise, you'll never have people using grinder builds and will just roll four 1st lines. Either that, or force lines 3 and 4 to be grinder, tough guy, etc. and lines 1 & 2 playmaker, sniper, TWF, etc.

I think one of the biggest reasons why the NHL series is not as realistic as the other sports games, is because of how much ice time players see in the game vs. in real life. In football, you have your Offense and Defense and they usually see 2-4 possessions a quarter. It's the same in Madden. Basketball is back and forth but the starters play the majority of the game anyways, so the game is pretty realistic with the starters and their court time. Baseball is pretty obvious because it's not timed. Hockey however, sucks. If you play a default 5 minute (20:00 gametime) period, your first line usually gets 3 shifts but at a whopping 10:00 gametime. That's not realistic. No forward is playing 30:00 a game. It always upsets me in these games when forwards get tired and just lose a little bit of their stamina. Watch a real game, and a line that gets stuck on the ice can barely move.

I like your idea, and hope something like this gets implemented because the current system and grading/ranking up is stupid. The mode is fun but needs a complete overhaul.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote