HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

tor-edm

Old
10-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

vCash: 500
Why don't we just wait until he wants to leave Edmonton himself?

Wolfgang Krauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Reimer won't lead you anywhere from the bench.
Just like he owned you from the bench. You already forgot the over time victory? I think Oilers were leading 4-2 and then Reimer went to bench so Toronto can win. 5-4 and Dubnyk lost.

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:33 PM
CanadienShark

Bad value for Edmonton and doesn't fill Toronto's need imo. Gunnarson important to Toronto, whereas Yakupov is not a need.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:37 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
No. God, why do so many Toronto fans not understand that we don't want their spare parts?

Would you do Kadri and 1st for Dubnyk, Nick Schultz, a 1st, and a 2nd?

Stop trying to trade for Yakupov. We don't want your goalie, we don't want an average d-man, and we're done with collecting picks.

We'll keep Yakupov or trade him for a top-pairing d-man. That's it.
How would you feel about Gagner, Hemsky and a 2nd for Subban? It happens from most, if not all fanbases man. And that was when Gagner was considered to be a bad player. Subban went on to win a Norris and Gagner had a great season, but obviously still no where near Subban's level. I don't think Edmonton fans can really insult someone for the quality vs. quantity debate, seeing as I have them in the mix for #1 in annoying-ness with offering marginal quantity for great quality (right up there with MTL and TOR).

Old
10-28-2013, 01:41 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
How would you feel about Gagner, Hemsky and a 2nd for Subban? It happens from most, if not all fanbases man. And that was when Gagner was considered to be a bad player. Subban went on to win a Norris and Gagner had a great season, but obviously still no where near Subban's level. I don't think Edmonton fans can really insult someone for the quality vs. quantity debate, seeing as I have them in the mix for #1 in annoying-ness with offering marginal quantity for great quality (right up there with MTL and TOR).
Every team's fans do this.

ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:46 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
Every team's fans do this.
I said that it happens from most, if not all fan bases. That said, Edmonton, Montreal and Toronto dominate due to sheer numbers of fans. This makes it seem as though we have proportionately more uneducated fans, and perhaps we do, but I don't believe that's the case. I think it's just the numbers shining through in this case. So yes, all fan bases do this. That was my point, you just reiterated it.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:51 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

Quote:
I said that it happens from most, if not all fan bases. That said, Edmonton, Montreal and Toronto dominate due to sheer numbers of fans. This makes it seem as though we have proportionately more uneducated fans, and perhaps we do, but I don't believe that's the case. I think it's just the numbers shining through in this case. So yes, all fan bases do this. That was my point, you just reiterated it.
Glad we agree now I'll take Subban for Hemsky and a 4th

Old
10-28-2013, 01:54 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleafs Fan View Post
Just like he owned you from the bench. You already forgot the over time victory? I think Oilers were leading 4-2 and then Reimer went to bench so Toronto can win. 5-4 and Dubnyk lost.
What are you babbling on about? Reimer was in his familiar hole as backup in that game. He had no affect on that game whatsoever. If he was such an amazing goalie, you wouldn't have had to go get Bernier over the summer. There's absolutely no sense in giving up assets to get another goalie who won't be the answer for us long term. I think I've already admitted in this thread that Dubnyk isn't our long term goalie, we certainly do need to get one, but Reimer has done nothing in his career to prove that he's the difference between a bad team and a top end team. The Leafs had to bring in Bernier to get to the next level.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:56 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

Quote:
What are you babbling on about? Reimer was in his familiar hole as backup in that game. He had no affect on that game whatsoever. If he was such an amazing goalie, you wouldn't have had to go get Bernier over the summer. There's absolutely no sense in giving up assets to get another goalie who won't be the answer for us long term. I think I've already admitted in this thread that Dubnyk isn't our long term goalie, we certainly do need to get one, but Reimer has done nothing in his career to prove that he's the difference between a bad team and a top end team. The Leafs had to bring in Bernier to get to the next level.
There's no point anymore, since Dubnyk has been worse than a chair in goal, Leaf fans seem vindicated that they were always correct.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
I said leafs are keeping Reimer and Oilers are keeping Dubnyk. No trade seems fair for both teams. Is that hard for you to understand? Stop repeating the same thing over and over. We get it. Dubnyk for Oilers is >>> Reimer and Reimer for Leafs is >>>>>>>> Dubnyk.

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:13 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Glad we agree now I'll take Subban for Hemsky and a 4th
Add Dubnyk and we'll throw in Price + Galchenyuk.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:14 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

Quote:
Add Dubnyk and we'll throw in Price + Galchenyuk.
WE HAVE PROOF FINALLY, fax this thread to MacT and Bergevin, a deal has been reached

Old
10-28-2013, 02:26 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
WE HAVE PROOF FINALLY, fax this thread to MacT and Bergevin, a deal has been reached
I'll draw up the papers.

Subban + Price + Galchenyuk for Hemsky + Dubnyk + 4th rounder

Old
10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Eskimo44

Wow. This proposal is ridiculous. The guy just turned 20 and it's been 12 games. 1st overall pick and was on pace for 30+ as a rookie, let's not be ridiculous.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:38 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

Quote:
I'll draw up the papers.

Subban + Price + Galchenyuk for Hemsky + Dubnyk + 4th rounder
No givesies backsies.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Let's be honest the only people who considered Gagner "bad" were the shortsighted, impatient, haterade drinking bandwagoners who look to bash easy targets. A small center on a perrenial bottomfeeder who isn't progressing in a straight line is an easy target, not necessarily a justifiable one. We all should have learned from the Turris trade that GM's value young centers, and are far more patient, than HF. Gagner was always worth substantially more than either Reimer or Gunnarsson (who i both feel have solid value). When Gagner was still "bad" there was all of 4-5 centers who were younger and scored more (iirc Tavares, Stamkos, Benn, Stepan, Henrique).

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:46 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Let's be honest the only people who considered Gagner "bad" were the shortsighted, impatient, haterade drinking bandwagoners who look to bash easy targets. A small center on a perrenial bottomfeeder who isn't progressing in a straight line is an easy target, not necessarily a justifiable one. We all should have learned from the Turris trade that GM's value young centers, and are far more patient, than HF. Gagner was always worth substantially more than either Reimer or Gunnarsson (who i both feel have solid value). When Gagner was still "bad" there was all of 4-5 centers who were younger and scored more (iirc Tavares, Stamkos, Benn, Stepan, Henrique).
Personally, I've never considered Gagner bad, but rather just average. I agree, that people are often quite shortsighted. A few years back when Couture and Subban were just rookies, I said that I could see them making the Olympic team in the future - and could see Subban winning a Norris. I was laughed at. Those are my two favourite players and both are looking like they've got a good shot at the Olympics this year. They've been my two favourite players since their rookie years, for the record. Well, Subban since that first playoffs.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
bringthecuphome

Didn't take the time to read through the whole thread, but are people actually saying Reimer = Dubnyk?

wut.

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthecuphome View Post
Didn't take the time to read through the whole thread, but are people actually saying Reimer = Dubnyk?

wut.
Well, I think that's closer to reality than the original trade proposal is.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Well, I think that's closer to reality than the original trade proposal is.
Why would the Leafs trade Reimer, when he is playing better than Bernier?

Alflives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:26 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
I don't think it's a good trade for either team.

That's actually quite a bit for Toronto to give up.

At the same time, Edmonton gains a contract + salary...

It just seems like a very unbalanced trade.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:34 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthecuphome View Post

wut.
No, we're saying that Reimer isn't enough of an upgrade to move out a high end piece for.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Why would the Leafs trade Reimer, when he is playing better than Bernier?
I have no idea, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 05:00 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Since when is Reimer a "top goalie"?

Edmonton says no. This isn't even close.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote