HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You know what's going to be real sad.....

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2005, 12:54 AM
GagneScores12

vCash: 500
You know what's going to be real sad.....

The NHL, if their marketing geniuses can ever get it right, will have a field day marketing Ovechkin vs Crosby games. However, we have two super prospects who are up there with Crosby and Ovechkin and how much do you want to bet that Carter and Richards will be pushed to the backburner. That pisses me off. You can bet that in the head to head, Carter and Richards won't see Ovechkin or Crosby and vice versa. As well, you can bet that Ovechkin and Crosby will get tons of ice time and Carter and Richards will be lucky if they get 7 to 10 minutes of ice time throughout the game.

Old
07-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Brad*

They're also on bad teams. Carter and Richards aren't.

Old
07-20-2005, 01:24 AM
GagneScores12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
They're also on bad teams. Carter and Richards aren't.
This should also be their opportunity to shine and the fact that they won't get that opportunity is what the real shame is. Who cares what kind of teams Crosby and Ovechkin will play with. This is an opportunity to see what our two young stud prospects can do and this opportunity won't be given to them. That's what is sad.

Old
07-20-2005, 01:37 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Think if Crosby goes to either Florida or Carolina...that division Heatley/Kovalchuk vs. Ovechkin vs. Crosby...a lot of potential for a lot of years

I don't project long-term in the NHL anymore...two years ago I thought...wow, Gagne, Comrie, and Williams, they're so young, this team is gonna dominate if that becomes the top line...now, 2/3rds of that combo is gone, and Richards and Carter have this team set up for the next decade, we'll see

Old
07-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

If they produce, they will get plenty of press.

The Flyers have been, and will continue to be one of the NHL's money makers, regardless of where Crosby goes. If the kids can tear it up in Philadelphia, I wouldn't worry too much about them getting exposure.

Old
07-20-2005, 05:33 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
The NHL should try to promote as many young promising players as possible to help from the future of the league.

Old
07-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneScores12
The NHL, if their marketing geniuses can ever get it right, will have a field day marketing Ovechkin vs Crosby games. However, we have two super prospects who are up there with Crosby and Ovechkin and how much do you want to bet that Carter and Richards will be pushed to the backburner. That pisses me off. You can bet that in the head to head, Carter and Richards won't see Ovechkin or Crosby and vice versa. As well, you can bet that Ovechkin and Crosby will get tons of ice time and Carter and Richards will be lucky if they get 7 to 10 minutes of ice time throughout the game.
Nobody knows where Crosby or Ovechkin will go - they might go to good teams and be brought along more slowly than in a place like Carolina etc... and why should Carter and Richards get tons of ice time before they earn it? They're both good but I would not compare them to Crosby and Ovechkin just yet.

Old
07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
GagneScores12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
and why should Carter and Richards get tons of ice time before they earn it? They're both good but I would not compare them to Crosby and Ovechkin just yet.
What do you mean before they earned it? They've won everywhere they've been. Can't say that about Roenick. Can't say that about Primeau. Can't say that about Gagne. Can't say that about Handzus. Why not give them boatloads of icetime? They've earned the time. I could care less whether they've played in the NHL or not. That means nothing. As for being on the level of Crosby and Ovechkin, I think they are. That's not being a homer. The fact is that they've performed at every level they've played at. To me, that makes them just as ready as Ovechkin and Crosby.

Old
07-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Jester

When we are in the playoffs and making a run, Carter and Richards will get PLENTY of air-time for their contributions.

also... if they are both playing here, at least one of them is going to be getting good minutes on this team... Primeau and Zeus aren't going to be playing 40 minutes a game. MAX those two average 35 min a game during the regular season... 25 minutes for the other two centers...

Closed Thread