HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny to Vancouver

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2013, 02:52 AM
  #1
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,926
vCash: 500
Paul Stastny to Vancouver

What would Colorado want from Vancouver?

Canadian Gold X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:53 AM
  #2
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
Biggest need is defense.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:54 AM
  #3
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Biggest need is defense.
Would Corrado interest you?

Canadian Gold X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:55 AM
  #4
Willting*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
They would need Defence. So Tanev would have to be in that package. Add a prospect (Gaunce, Jensen). And chances are a first as well.

Willting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:27 AM
  #5
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willting View Post
They would need Defence. So Tanev would have to be in that package. Add a prospect (Gaunce, Jensen). And chances are a first as well.
Tanev, Gaunce, and a first for a UFA? Are you serious?

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:27 AM
  #6
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willting View Post
They would need Defence. So Tanev would have to be in that package. Add a prospect (Gaunce, Jensen). And chances are a first as well.
If they need Defence wouldn't Bieksa or Edler make more sense? Instead of a bottom pairing guy?

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:29 AM
  #7
tc23
#StopSbieksa2015
 
tc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 77
I would imagine they'd want an established top-4 LHD to pair with EJ/Barrie.

tc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:31 AM
  #8
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
I would consider Bieksa for Statsny.. but Statsny's cap hit is high, and he's a UFA. So I don't think its fair 1 for 1.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:32 AM
  #9
tc23
#StopSbieksa2015
 
tc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I would consider Bieksa for Statsny.. but Statsny's cap hit is high, and he's a UFA. So I don't think its fair 1 for 1.
I would also do something around Bieksa and Stastny, but unfortunately Colorado likely wouldn't. They're looking for LHD so it'd have to be around Stastny+ for Edler/Hamhuis/Garrison, which doesn't make too much sense from Vancouver POV.

tc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:42 AM
  #10
Willting*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
If they need Defence wouldn't Bieksa or Edler make more sense? Instead of a bottom pairing guy?
What does NTC mean?

Willting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:49 AM
  #11
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc23 View Post
I would also do something around Bieksa and Stastny, but unfortunately Colorado likely wouldn't. They're looking for LHD so it'd have to be around Stastny+ for Edler/Hamhuis/Garrison, which doesn't make too much sense from Vancouver POV.
Yeah I wouldn't consider it.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:01 AM
  #12
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen
 
iFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,505
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade Bieksa for Stastny, no way a team trades a D man like Bieksa for a over paid rental. Not a chance for Edler either no way your getting one of top D for a UFA, and Hamhuis or Garrison won't waive they signed in Van to be close to family. I'd concider Edler for ROR and Barrie but even then it's hard to move Edler cause of how great his contract is and moving a #1D man is very hard thing to part with... I think Nucks are way Better off to wait go with Horvat and Gaunce next season,

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Horvat Kesler
Higgins Gaunce Hansen

Edler Garrison
Hamhuis Bieksa
Corrado Tanev

Build our needs from within, Horvat and Shinkaruk should be ready, Shinkaruk really did earn 9 games try and Horvat made a strong case too. And we'll still have Schroeder and Jensen. I think we're much better off keeping our assets than moving them for UFAs or higher priced players.


Last edited by iFan: 10-26-2013 at 04:21 AM.
iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:01 AM
  #13
hockeyviking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: malmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willting View Post
What does NTC mean?
nothing in NHL today

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:38 AM
  #14
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 50
Only pieces I have interest in on Vancouver's roster is Hamhuis or Edler, and I doubt that will be a popular idea.

We're not just going to jettison Stastny for a package of picks, prospects, and bottom pairing defensemen, especially with the roll we're on. We'd add to Stastny to get these pieces obviously, but I just don't see it happening, mostly from Vancouver's end.

Bieksa is of relatively low interest. We're stacked on the right and need better top-end lefties


Last edited by jfisher6: 10-26-2013 at 05:09 AM.
jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:41 AM
  #15
School of WristShot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Most I'd offer for Staysny is one of Corrado/Tanev and one of 1st/Jensen/Gaunce/Shroeder.
I don't know Avs would like the package but not going to give a lot for a rental.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:45 AM
  #16
School of WristShot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Only pieces I have interest in for Colorado is Hamhuis or Edler, and I doubt that will be a popular idea.
Stats would not net Hamhuis or Edler Vancouver even if he has identical contracts signed for couple more seasons. I think you are asking bit tooooooooooo much asking for top pairing dman on a good contract for a soon to be UFA.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:47 AM
  #17
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler17 View Post
Stats would not net Hamhuis or Edler Vancouver even if he has identical contracts signed for couple more seasons. I think you are asking bit tooooooooooo much asking for top pairing dman on a good contract for a soon to be UFA.
I think you're misreading what I wrote. I never said Stastny was worth either of them, but the package you offered isn't worth Stastny either, at least to us currently. And I certainly understand his contract situation lol

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:57 AM
  #18
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids
 
SillyRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler17 View Post
Most I'd offer for Staysny is one of Corrado/Tanev and one of 1st/Jensen/Gaunce/Shroeder.
I don't know Avs would like the package but not going to give a lot for a rental.
I agree with this.

One of: Tanev/Corrado
One of: Jensen/Gaunce/Schroeder/1st Round Pick

for

Stastny


And even then i'd need to know that Stastny was at least interested in playing here. Maybe him and Kesler could bond over the Olympics.

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:57 AM
  #19
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
I agree with this.

One of: Tanev/Corrado
One of: Jensen/Gaunce/Schroeder/1st Round Pick

for

Stastny


And even then i'd need to know that Stastny was at least interested in playing here. Maybe him and Kesler could bond over the Olympics.

Again, no.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:07 AM
  #20
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 21,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
I agree with this.

One of: Tanev/Corrado
One of: Jensen/Gaunce/Schroeder/1st Round Pick

for

Stastny


And even then i'd need to know that Stastny was at least interested in playing here. Maybe him and Kesler could bond over the Olympics.
No thx. Cheaper rentals about.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:47 AM
  #21
604
Registered User
 
604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,070
vCash: 50
Let's approach this from another way...

Edler for ROR?

604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:53 AM
  #22
klozge
Avs
 
klozge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Siegen, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,075
vCash: 500
The way Stastny is playing right now it probably takes a pretty massive overpayment for Colorado to trade him. He's very important for the team.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:56 AM
  #23
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Let's approach this from another way...

Edler for ROR?
At the moment? Probably not. Only because of how well we're doing.

Ask us near the deadline (when ROR is actually tradeable), and when we have a clearer idea of where we're going to finish the season, and this could be a definite possibility for a trade.

The premise is good though, just hard to break up such a good thing

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 06:45 AM
  #24
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willting View Post
What does NTC mean?
no trade clause

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 07:54 AM
  #25
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
I wouldn't trade Bieksa for Stastny, no way a team trades a D man like Bieksa for a over paid rental. Not a chance for Edler either no way your getting one of top D for a UFA, and Hamhuis or Garrison won't waive they signed in Van to be close to family. I'd concider Edler for ROR and Barrie but even then it's hard to move Edler cause of how great his contract is and moving a #1D man is very hard thing to part with... I think Nucks are way Better off to wait go with Horvat and Gaunce next season,

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Horvat Kesler
Higgins Gaunce Hansen

Edler Garrison
Hamhuis Bieksa
Corrado Tanev

Build our needs from within, Horvat and Shinkaruk should be ready, Shinkaruk really did earn 9 games try and Horvat made a strong case too. And we'll still have Schroeder and Jensen. I think we're much better off keeping our assets than moving them for UFAs or higher priced players.


As an Oiler fan i disagree

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.