HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Paul Stastny to Vancouver

Old
10-26-2013, 08:48 AM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
At the moment? Probably not. Only because of how well we're doing.

Ask us near the deadline (when ROR is actually tradeable), and when we have a clearer idea of where we're going to finish the season, and this could be a definite possibility for a trade.

The premise is good though, just hard to break up such a good thing
Yep, you're first, we're second/third, let's see where things go.

I do think you guys would be better off resigning Stastny and trading someone else to clear salary + re-balance if necessary than trading Stastny unsigned.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
I would be more curious to deal in a hypothetical scenario because Colorado is playing far too well to consider this trade. Nevertheless, I have no interest in moving anyone ought of our top four on defense. The trade would have to be based around Tanev or Corrado, otherwise I have little interest. Bieksa has played fantastic thus far and we would regret his departure.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Right now is a really poor time to ask Avs fans. Stastny is a huge part of the team. Unless we're getting a legitimate top 4 left handed defensman in return for him there is little incentive to move him. He's obviously not worth a Hamhuis/Edler, but with the way the Avs are playing right now and Stastny's role, anything less isn't really worth it.

If near the deadline Stastny won't re-sign I could potentially see Stastny being traded, even if the Avs are in a position to make the playoffs. Then he'd probably only fetch a typical rental package(1st+mediocre prospect, 2nd+good prospect, etc) but right now, Canucks fans, you won't like the answer Avs fans will give you.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I don't think the Avs would part with Stastny for anything short of an overpayment unless they're out of the playoff picture by the trade deadline.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Right now is a really poor time to ask Avs fans. Stastny is a huge part of the team. Unless we're getting a legitimate top 4 left handed defensman in return for him there is little incentive to move him. He's obviously not worth a Hamhuis/Edler, but with the way the Avs are playing right now and Stastny's role, anything less isn't really worth it.

If near the deadline Stastny won't re-sign I could potentially see Stastny being traded, even if the Avs are in a position to make the playoffs. Then he'd probably only fetch a typical rental package(1st+mediocre prospect, 2nd+good prospect, etc) but right now, Canucks fans, you won't like the answer Avs fans will give you.

Which is very fair. Well explained.

Follow up questions: Do you see him as the one on the move or ROR? Are they trying to re-sign him?

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:15 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Let's approach this from another way...

Edler for ROR?
Pass unless ROR is going to demand more money than Duchene.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willting View Post
They would need Defence. So Tanev would have to be in that package. Add a prospect (Gaunce, Jensen). And chances are a first as well.
Here is our counter offer to your very generous and well thought out offer.

We will give you a proven 20 goal scorer with a cheaper cap hit.

Statsny for David Booth.

We will add in a huge hulking defenseman in Andrew Alberts who is also on a very cheap contract.

Avs have to add though to make up for salary.

Statsny plus a 1st for Booth and Alberts

win/win

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:18 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Yep, you're first, we're second/third, let's see where things go.

I do think you guys would be better off resigning Stastny and trading someone else to clear salary + re-balance if necessary than trading Stastny unsigned.
We don't have to clear any salary. The only problem with keeping him and our forward core is if they're all content staying. We can afford to hand Staz and radar both contracts between Landy's and Duchene's while still being able to offer Downie a new deal at 4.5-5 per, hand out raises to the rfas that earned them, and still could have room for an expensive dman if the cap does go up a little bit and the guys want to stay.

Old
10-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
We don't have to clear any salary. The only problem with keeping him and our forward core is if they're all content staying. We can afford to hand Staz and radar both contracts between Landy's and Duchene's while still being able to offer Downie a new deal at 4.5-5 per, hand out raises to the rfas that earned them, and still could have room for an expensive dman if the cap does go up a little bit.
Are the Avs operating at the cap from now on, or with an internal budget?

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:23 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Are the Avs operating at the cap from now on, or with an internal budget?
None of us know for sure, but it's hard to imagine Roy coming to town, getting partial gm duties, and not demanding the ability to spend to the cap. Especially in light of the big money extensions given to Duchene and Landeskog this summer.

Old
10-26-2013, 11:47 AM
bromando

Quote:
Let's approach this from another way...

Edler for ROR?
ROR has been getting the most playing time from Roy for forwards, important to PK and clicking well with Duchene as a #1 LW. I don't see him moving anytime soon. At this point, we'll roll with the wins and hope they keep coming. No need to shake it up right now

bromando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:51 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Which is very fair. Well explained.

Follow up questions: Do you see him as the one on the move or ROR? Are they trying to re-sign him?
ROR is much less likely to move at this point.

I don't see how the Avs can have an internal budget going forward. They may have an internal structure to not pay anyone more than Duchene but there are going to be quite a few players on the team making 5-6 mil in the very near future.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:51 AM
bromando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post
Here is our counter offer to your very generous and well thought out offer.

We will give you a proven 20 goal scorer with a cheaper cap hit.

Statsny for David Booth.

We will add in a huge hulking defenseman in Andrew Alberts who is also on a very cheap contract.

Avs have to add though to make up for salary.

Statsny plus a 1st for Booth and Alberts

win/win
No way. Booth is not even close to what we need. Would much rather get picks and prospects at the deadline. And lol to the Avs adding a 1st to the deal.

Edit: just caught the sarcasm.

bromando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Pass we can get a comparable centre for much less than what's being asked. Seriously Av fans are asking more than what Buffalo is asking for Vanek

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:17 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

I understand where Avs fans are coming from, but would not touch Hamhuis, Garrison, or Edler for Stastny.

10-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Pass we can get a comparable centre for much less than what's being asked. Seriously Av fans are asking more than what Buffalo is asking for Vanek
Maybe because we're 9-1, want to keep Stastny, and don't want to change our team right now, compared to Buffalo, the 3rd worst team in the league, who are in the midst of a rebuild with the likelihood of Vanek not staying with them after this year? Is putting a bit of thought into your posts to much for you to do?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
I agree with this.

One of: Tanev/Corrado
One of: Jensen/Gaunce/Schroeder/1st Round Pick

for

Stastny

And even then i'd need to know that Stastny was at least interested in playing here. Maybe him and Kesler could bond over the Olympics.
I'd give that up for a Stastny signed past this season at a reasonable cap hit. No way in hell would I give that up for an upcoming UFA.

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:39 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Staz is more valuable to us at the moment and we have a better chance of retaining him than do the Sabres and Vanek. I really hope the positivity we're seeing from guys like Staz, Downie and ROR with Roy continue into contract negotiations because if we can keep them all together that would be awesome.

Old
10-26-2013, 01:44 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
I understand where Avs fans are coming from, but would not touch Hamhuis, Garrison, or Edler for Stastny.
Which isn't unreasonable. But nothing short of a defensemen like that is worth breaking up our top 9 if they all want to stay. If not, and I worry about O'Reilly, things change and an O'Reilly - Edler/Hamhuis swap becomes something I consider to avoid the issue of convincing Ryan to sign for less than Duchene.

which hopefully won't be as big an issue and Patrick will be able to resolve without offending Ryan's pride the way management did last time.

Old
10-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Maybe because we're 9-1, want to keep Stastny, and don't want to change our team right now, compared to Buffalo, the 3rd worst team in the league, who are in the midst of a rebuild with the likelihood of Vanek not staying with them after this year? Is putting a bit of thought into your posts to much for you to do?
Yes yes, I realize that Colorado is doing well but detaching yourself from reality is poor form old chap. We can revisit this thread when in all likelihood your team comes back down to earth. Asking the sun moon and stars for an overpaid borderline 2C, rental UFA is generally not considered to be smart even if the team is doing well when players a tier or more above him are available for less. Plus this thread isn't needed as Santorelli seems to regained his previous form and is playing at a very high level.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Avs aren't going to fix Canucks main weakness unless Canucks overpay for it. Canucks window is closing quickly and they're getting close to the stage where they need a Cinderella run to make any noise.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:53 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Yes yes, I realize that Colorado is doing well but detaching yourself from reality is poor form old chap. We can revisit this thread when in all likelihood your team comes back down to earth. Asking the sun moon and stars for an overpaid borderline 2C, rental UFA is generally not considered to be smart even if the team is doing well when players a tier or more above him are available for less. Plus this thread isn't needed as Santorelli seems to regained his previous form and is playing at a very high level.
How is it asking his current worth to us not a smart move? Right now we have no interest in moving Stastny and we didn't start the thread.

But since the Sedins are an aging, rental UFA we can have one for a 1st + mid prospect, right?

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:58 PM
marty111

Just curious, would the Nucks have any interest in Bozak for their #2 center?

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:07 PM
jonesin 4 jones

Quote:

Ok, give me three players that are available for trade, better than Stastny, and take less to trade for. Heck give me one outside of Vanek, which has been discussed for why he may be worth less to trade for.

Staz doesn't have as many points as would wow a crowd yet as he got off to a slowish start and didn't start putting up many points until his 5th game or something like that. He has been being used in a nearly pure shutdown role and has kept pretty much all opposing top line players off the score sheet. Getzlaf and Perry didn't have a point against us, and neither did Kessel, any Bruin, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Malkin, or Crosby. Vanek, Benn, and Seguin each had a single assist against us. Yeah it's not all because of Staz, but he is a big reason for it. He has also started to put up a couple points in the last few games. He isn't as offensively inept as he is portrayed.

Edit: Oh and what do people define as "falling back down to earth"? Would finishing 50-24-8 be considered back to earth because it isn't the current pace set by the 9-1 record? Or are people expecting us to get only 25 more wins in 72 games to go 34-38-10?

jonesin 4 jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Just curious, would the Nucks have any interest in Bozak for their #2 center?
for a 3rd? otherwise pass

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote