HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Conacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2013, 07:10 AM
  #76
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
lol at OP and thread.

So far what I've seen from Cony this period alone, was instrumental in cycling and screening for the first goal. Always in front of the net, and even saw him dump a guy over the SJ goalie.
This.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched Conacher when he was in Syracuse do this same crap to the BSens. I hated him, now that he's on the team, I see why I hated him. He is a pest that has an ability to be big with a small body. Go back and watch some of the goal highlights from this season, he's providing screens for the goalie. And the snipers know that's what he is doing.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:21 AM
  #77
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,540
vCash: 500
I have time for anyone who skates when half the team looks like they are coasting around out there.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:29 AM
  #78
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
You just can't let go can you ! Dude your making a goof of yourself.
No, I am not. I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I don't have to like a player if I chose not too. He is not doing anything another player can't do. Sure, he runs around and causes a little disturbance but he hasn't shown any of what he had in Tampa. The coaching staff knows this and has changed his role to hide the fact that on a offensively challenged team he doesn't create offense.

Was he brought in to do what he is doing right now or was he brought in because of his scoring?

He should be on the checking line because of his effort not a scoring line.


Last edited by Stylizer1: 10-29-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:40 AM
  #79
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,506
vCash: 500
Not sure how anyone can hate on Conacher. He brings it shift in and shift out. He's pretty highly skilled, he's fast and he's a huge pest to the other team.

Just a few stats for Conacher:

CorsiOn: +8.54 (4th in Ottawa playing more than 2 games)
GF on/60: 4.02 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)
+/- on/60: +2.51 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)

He might not be putting the goals in himself, but he's been on the ice for more goals than anyone on the team not named Karlsson/Methot (tied with MacA, Spezza and Turris). Conacher absolutely has helped this team improve -- it's the rest of the team that really needs to step up.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:58 AM
  #80
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
No, I am not. I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I don't have to like a player if I chose not too. He is not doing anything another player can't do. Sure, he runs around and causes a little disturbance but he hasn't shown any of what he had in Tampa. The coaching staff knows this and has changed his role to hide the fact that on a offensively challenged team he doesn't create offense.

Was he brought in to do what he is doing right now or was he brought in because of his scoring?

He should be on the checking line because of his effort not a scoring line.
Are you watching the games ? He's playing around twelve minutes a night with limited (second) power play time ? He maybe getting 6-8 minutes a night on scoring lines !! I think your problem is you are expecting way too much out of an undersized rookie !! As Murray said when they acquired Conacher " we think he can help us down the road". If you thought you were getting a guy that was putting up 12 points in 7 games then I think maybe your were expecting wayyyyy too much.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
  #81
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Are you watching the games ? He's playing around twelve minutes a night with limited (second) power play time ? He maybe getting 6-8 minutes a night on scoring lines !! I think your problem is you are expecting way too much out of an undersized rookie !! As Murray said when they acquired Conacher " we think he can help us down the road". If you thought you were getting a guy that was putting up 12 points in 7 games then I think maybe your were expecting wayyyyy too much.
He is averaging 13 1/2 minutes a night and is usually being taken off the second line by the coaching staff to try and get other guys going. He has 16 shots in 11 games which puts him 8th out of forwards. He is on the ice for a lot of our goals and his screens are paying off. He just hasn't been the answer in a top line position. We traded a #1 goalie for a 3rd line checker with some scoring upside. A tougher Ryan Shannon.


Last edited by Stylizer1: 10-29-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:18 PM
  #82
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,568
vCash: 500
As Simmer says " Don't mistake activity for achievement"

I like Conacher's game quite abit but not a fan of his flopping when getting hit, etc.. although he has been better so far to start the year...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:37 PM
  #83
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
As Simmer says " Don't mistake activity for achievement"
Yeah I just posted the stats. Aside from actual points Conacher is having a huge impact on the ice.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:43 PM
  #84
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,506
vCash: 500
Not really sure what they were doing on that faceoff. No coverage of the point at all.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:44 PM
  #85
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,506
vCash: 500
Michalek!!! Finally!!

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:50 PM
  #86
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Yeah I just posted the stats. Aside from actual points Conacher is having a huge impact on the ice.
Thats why I said I really like his game...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:15 PM
  #87
Micklebot
Registered User
 
Micklebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Not sure how anyone can hate on Conacher. He brings it shift in and shift out. He's pretty highly skilled, he's fast and he's a huge pest to the other team.

Just a few stats for Conacher:

CorsiOn: +8.54 (4th in Ottawa playing more than 2 games)
GF on/60: 4.02 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)
+/- on/60: +2.51 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)

He might not be putting the goals in himself, but he's been on the ice for more goals than anyone on the team not named Karlsson/Methot (tied with MacA, Spezza and Turris). Conacher absolutely has helped this team improve -- it's the rest of the team that really needs to step up.
When Conacher has been on the ice at ES, we've scored 77% of the goals. He must be doing something right. I really can't see why anyone would be complaining about his play right now, he certainly hasn't been a detriment to any line he's been on, and if having him in the top 6 means we can spread out the offence it clearly a win for the team.

I can fathom what Conacher must have done to the OP to get this kind of hate right now, I can only assume he sugared his gas tank while ... well the rest is kinda inappropriate, so I'll your imagination take over.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:25 PM
  #88
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
When Conacher has been on the ice at ES, we've scored 77% of the goals. He must be doing something right. I really can't see why anyone would be complaining about his play right now, he certainly hasn't been a detriment to any line he's been on, and if having him in the top 6 means we can spread out the offence it clearly a win for the team.

I can fathom what Conacher must have done to the OP to get this kind of hate right now, I can only assume he sugared his gas tank while ... well the rest is kinda inappropriate, so I'll your imagination take over.
What % of goals have we scored now with Conacher at ES?

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:56 PM
  #89
pown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
This thread is a joke riight? Conny is the next marchand minus the diving and cheap shots. Love my honey badger.

pown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 07:38 PM
  #90
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by pown View Post
This thread is a joke riight? Conny is the next marchand minus the diving and cheap shots. Love my honey badger.
He is not a bad player, he just isn't worth what we gave up. If we had Bishop right now he would of brought back so much more in a trade.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 07:41 PM
  #91
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,553
vCash: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
He is not a bad player, he just isn't worth what we gave up. If we had Bishop right now he would of brought back so much more in a trade.
The worst part about that trade was that it helped Tampa, a divisional rival. Not saying Conacher is a bad player, but it was a risky trade.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  #92
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Westerville, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 18,207
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I think it is safe to say.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
  #93
Micklebot
Registered User
 
Micklebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
What % of goals have we scored now with Conacher at ES?
75%


He was primarily used with Neil and Smith against Chicago, and played the vast majority of his 5v5 time against the Kane line, so 1 GF none against seems like a solid night outcome wise to me. Regrettably I couldn't catch the game, so I presume his line didn't look great otherwise you wouldn't have asked right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
He is not a bad player, he just isn't worth what we gave up. If we had Bishop right now he would of brought back so much more in a trade.
Not sure where the precedent for backup goalies bringing back much more is. Besides, if we had Bishop now, he'd be in the AHL losing value.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 07:53 PM
  #94
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
He is not a bad player, he just isn't worth what we gave up. If we had Bishop right now he would of brought back so much more in a trade.
And what did Bernier a far better prospect fetch ? Scrivens and Matt Frattin ? I trust Murray got the best possible return. If you don't like the trade fine but I don't think you should be judging Conacher but who he was traded for, that is done. I also don't think you should be expecting St. Louis type performances out of him, it's not going to happen.


PS You are now calling him not a bad player and in an earlier post you called him Garbage and he should be buried in the minors. Which one is it or are you blowing with the wind I will state it again we traded Bishop for Conacher not Lehner

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:37 PM
  #95
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,506
vCash: 500
Considering Conacher's contributions I doubt we would have received a better player at any point for Bishop.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:37 PM
  #96
Hutz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: South Korea
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Pshaw, where is he on the other 25%? What dead weight. Bury him in the ECHL.


Seriously though, are you sure that's what that means? Seems mighty high.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:48 PM
  #97
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
And what did Bernier a far better prospect fetch ? Scrivens and Matt Frattin ? I trust Murray got the best possible return. If you don't like the trade fine but I don't think you should be judging Conacher but who he was traded for, that is done. I also don't think you should be expecting St. Louis type performances out of him, it's not going to happen.


PS You are now calling him not a bad player and in an earlier post you called him Garbage and he should be buried in the minors. Which one is it or are you blowing with the wind I will state it again we traded Bishop for Conacher not Lehner
Where was that said to be exact?

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:23 PM
  #98
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Where was that said to be exact?
I apologize my mistake it was The answer I got you mixed up

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 01:02 AM
  #99
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Monaco
Posts: 15,175
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Not sure where the precedent for backup goalies bringing back much more is. Besides, if we had Bishop now, he'd be in the AHL losing value.
Seems like a too much complicated concept... Go easy on here

Or we could have burried Lehner in the minors and watch him ask for a trade? Sounds genius

Even if I have been around here for years, I'm still always in shock reading these boards and see all those kids expecting those magical trades that would put our team over the top... Like if any other GM would have done miracles. In the real world, it's more the market that dictates the return value of a player at the point in time when it happens. But well, what do I know?


Last edited by Xspyrit: 10-31-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 06:01 AM
  #100
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Considering Conacher's contributions I doubt we would have received a better player at any point for Bishop.
considering we were offered jones from edmonton and Rinaldo from the flyers i think your right and we did pretty good.

Sneider is one thing for value but unproven goaltenders don't get a ton of value and thats exactly what bishop was when we moved him.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.