HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan MacKinnon - Rookie Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2013, 05:35 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
Sounds like Roy wants to keep Mackinnon on Duchene's wing. During the game last night they mentioned that Roy was looking for stability in the lines and wanted the top line to build chemistry. I don't see Tanguay coming back changing that.
Tanguay is probably out for a while longer. Stability is a relative term. Roy mentioned that a few games ago and he said himself that he was juggling too much and needed to stop and let the players play. When Tangs returns Roy will have to juggle some lines at least as Tangs isn't going to play on the 4th line.

Old
12-20-2013, 06:16 PM
freeboy

What a fantastic and fun last few games watching Madmac McKinnon he seems to fit with Duchy and Ror

Old
01-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

6 goals (7 points) in his last 5 games and now leads all rookies in scoring. It was only a matter of time before he started to rack up numbers. It's a shame Hertl got injured, it would have been fun to see these two compete for the Calder all season.

Old
01-07-2014, 02:23 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 50
I think he's 7 goals in 7 games too. I wouldn't even say he's been "hot" except for the last 2 games. It's ridiculously fun to watch him, what an incredible talent.

Old
01-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

NHL Public Relations ‏@PR_NHL 2h
Per @EliasSports: Nathan MacKinnon (18 yrs 127 days) is youngest in NHL history to record multiple goals in each of 2 consecutive team games
Retweeted by Mark Rycroft

Beastmode

Old
01-14-2014, 01:44 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Yahoo posted a nice article on him today. Can't link from my home. They're also going to talk about him on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast today too.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:51 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Yahoo posted a nice article on him today. Can't link from my home. They're also going to talk about him on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast today too.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-...170306088.html

Old
01-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Foppa Frossa

If only he was Finnish.

Old
01-14-2014, 05:55 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa View Post
If only he was Finnish.
Guys....

I'm fearful that we didn't get the best player in the draft...I mean really fearful.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Old
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Congo Jack
Show Me Your Moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Guys....

I'm fearful that we didn't get the best player in the draft...I mean really fearful.
They know, they smell it on you. I knew we shouldn't have mocked them for picking Barkov, but all of you just wouldn't stop!

Old
01-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Avs71

Quote:
When it comes to rookie centers this season, it's been Nathan MacKinnon and the rest.

The No. 1 pick of the 2013 NHL Draft has been as good as advertised for the Colorado Avalanche. He's covered five categories (goals, assists, plus/minus rating, power-play points, shots on goal) for fantasy owners and is owned in more than 60 percent of Yahoo leagues as a result.
-NHL.com

Old
01-14-2014, 06:34 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Guys....

I know, it's sucks he's leading rookies in scoring because we'd be much better off with fewer goals.

Old
01-14-2014, 06:54 PM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
That was a great read. Thanks for sharing.

Old
01-14-2014, 06:55 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

CBC gave MacKinnon their #2 goal of the week

http://mobilevideo.cbc.ca/u/pass~fn/...c01/video.m3u8

Old
01-14-2014, 07:01 PM
jaems

Quote:
Guys....

It's a tough spot. All top four players are the type of players that teams can build around. And the difference between taking one over the other might not be huge in the long run because they all address big holes in a team. If we took Jones, we'd have worse scoring, but have addressed a big need on the defense. If we took Barkov, again we'd probably have gotten better on team defense but we'd lose out on a potential game-breaking offensive talent.

Old
01-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaems View Post
It's a tough spot. All top four players are the type of players that teams can build around. And the difference between taking one over the other might not be huge in the long run because they all address big holes in a team. If we took Jones, we'd have worse scoring, but have addressed a big need on the defense. If we took Barkov, again we'd probably have gotten better on team defense but we'd lose out on a potential game-breaking offensive talent.
If Jones was a LHD it'd make more sense, but he's not. I'm happy with Mack. He will be our best player in a few years.

Old
01-14-2014, 07:10 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaems View Post
Twas just a joke/sarcasm

Old
01-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Guys....

The only thing you should be preoccupied with is whether we got a franchise star or not. We did. At least that's the early indication.

The top of the 2013 draft class was freakin' amazing. You could argue the top 4 guys would be #1s in virtually any other draft. Relax, we got a great player. The argument as to who the BEST player will be won't be settled anytime soon IMO.

Be thankful we didn't draft a Marc-Andre Fleury or Nail Yakupov. We got a kid who is contributing at a high level right freakin' now.

You know who should be fearful? Whoever has the #1 pick this year. There's no clear-cut #1, but unlike the previous draft, it's not because there's an insane glut of talent at the top.

Old
01-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Twas just a joke/sarcasm
Oh. Well, I liked the rant I crafted anyway.

Old
01-14-2014, 07:18 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
The only thing you should be preoccupied with is whether we got a franchise star or not. We did. At least that's the early indication.

The top of the 2013 draft class was freakin' amazing. You could argue the top 4 guys would be #1s in virtually any other draft. Relax, we got a great player. The argument as to who the BEST player will be won't be settled anytime soon IMO.

Be thankful we didn't draft a Marc-Andre Fleury or Nail Yakupov. We got a kid who is contributing at a high level right freakin' now.

You know who should be fearful? Whoever has the #1 pick this year. There's no clear-cut #1, but unlike the previous draft, it's not because there's an insane glut of talent at the top.
This might shed some light on what I posted.

Welcome to the Party pal! (DIE HARD QUOTE!)

Old
01-14-2014, 07:24 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Yeah...there has been a fight with Panthers fans that has raged on for the better part of a week. Peruse that thread for some entertainment.

In general yeah all the top picks were great in the draft. We likely would have been happy with anyone. I wouldn't give back Mack though, he is going to be a very special player.

I knew what RL was referring too, my reply was sarcasm too

Last edited by tigervixxxen: 01-14-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old
01-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Mifroid

Am I the only one who still thinks MacKinnon is a few steps ahead of Barkov, Jones or Drouin?

I don't see any argument to say Barkov is the better player and I can't help but feel bad for all these Panthers fans trying to convince us we made the wrong choice.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifroid View Post
Am I the only one who still thinks MacKinnon is a few steps ahead of Barkov, Jones or Drouin?

I don't see any argument to say Barkov is the better player and I can't help but feel bad for all these Panthers fans trying to convince us we made the wrong choice.
Most of the Panthers fans were crying when they lost MacKinnon.. They probably just jealous to us.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:57 PM
seancolorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifroid View Post
Although I agree he is, we have to take into account that

(A) Barkov plays a very different game
(B) Jones is doing fine for a defenseman with years left before he even NEARS the start of his prime
(C) Drouin is not in the NHL

Old
01-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Great article on Nate. Not sure why they kept talking about this three forward positions and both wings thing though. I can't remember one shift he spent on LW 5 on 5. I'm pretty sure he's only played C and RW.

Closed Thread