HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Brisebois?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 05:54 AM
PineJockey

vCash: 500
Brisebois?

What do you think about getting Brisebois out of Montreal? Sure he has some terrible +/- numbers, but he is a 14 year(?) veteren, a 30+ point guy and plays over 23 mins a game. And it sounds like he is in a Poti-like situation in Montreal (getting booed every time he touches the puck). http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...1-0BDF6ABD02C0

Maybe a change of scenery would help him out.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:17 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
4 million doallrs this year. Heart-less and gutless. I hate the Habs and especially the hypocryte fans, but this guy deserves to be booed all the way to Paris.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:26 AM
jofa

His salary is way out of the range of the Oilers. He's a $4 million guy, which is part of the reason he is booed so much in Mtl. Maybe if he was being paid closer to his ability level, fans wouldn't be so hard on him, but he does not play a $4 million game.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:03 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I'm sure the habs would eat a good chunk of the salary if there was even a remotely respectable offer on the table (It's not like they're short on money!)

Old
09-29-2003, 07:49 AM
Slats432

I would rather have any of the following defensemen in our top 6 than Brisebois.

Bergeron
Luoma
Horacek
Lynch

so adding $4 million in payroll doesn't really do a lot for me. There were several times(Only saw the Habs about 10 times last year.) that I saw Brisebois beaten wide to the right side and he looked very ordinary(Hence the well coined nickname Breeze-bye). Never mind the fact that "stress" caused him to take a week off work and fly to Paris.

Thank you but no thank you.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no 8)

Old
09-29-2003, 09:17 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
You can't blame Brisebois for making 4 million a year, it was Andre Savard who signed the deal.

What is Brisebois suppose to do, turn down 4 million and ask for 3 ??

Is he worth 4 million ? No

Is it his fault for making that much ? No

Unbiased Canadian

Old
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
You can't blame Brisebois for making 4 million a year, it was Andre Savard who signed the deal.

What is Brisebois suppose to do, turn down 4 million and ask for 3 ??

Is he worth 4 million ? No

Is it his fault for making that much ? No

Unbiased Canadian
Nobody's blaming him for taking the money, although there are plenty of people upset that he's not earning it.

But the main point is that the Oilers don't want a guy like that. If he's making $4 million, he has to be worth every penny.

Bart

Old
09-29-2003, 11:18 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineJockey
What do you think about getting Brisebois out of Montreal? Sure he has some terrible +/- numbers, but he is a 14 year(?) veteren, a 30+ point guy and plays over 23 mins a game. And it sounds like he is in a Poti-like situation in Montreal (getting booed every time he touches the puck). http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...1-0BDF6ABD02C0

Maybe a change of scenery would help him out.
Don't want him at any price but it sure was nice to see a GM stand up for his player and let the fans know that their disrupting the team is not helping.

I think Montreal is the only city in the NHL where the fans feel even more entitled to make trades than Edmonton. There are lots of ways fans can voice their displeasure other than in the middle of a game by booing regardless of what the guy is doing. And I don't want to hear the bs about I paid my money and I can do what I like. Boorish, classless behaviour is not part of the description of a fan. I'll bet you Gainey gets paid back by his players many times this season for letting them know that he is with them as long as they are with him.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
theoil[/b]]Boorish, classless behaviour is not part of the description of a fan. I'll bet you Gainey gets paid back by his players many times this season for letting them know that he is with them as long as they are with him.

Closed Thread