HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

R. Lavoie:"Marc Bergevin not sure he'll name a captain for next season"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2015, 05:04 PM
  #1
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 135
R. Lavoie:"Marc Bergevin not sure he'll name a captain for next season"


JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:04 PM
  #2
HabsDieHard*
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 4,836
vCash: 500
He shouldn't.

Price is this teams' captain.

HabsDieHard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:05 PM
  #3
Michelangelo
Registered User
 
Michelangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,020
vCash: 50
MT is da real captain

Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:07 PM
  #4
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDieHard View Post
He shouldn't.

Price is this teams' captain.
I mean it makes sense. None of the 4 candidates have emerged ahead of one another. All 4 are also having great seasons. You're 100% right that this is Carey Price's team.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:08 PM
  #5
NobleSix
I usually post drunk
 
NobleSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Vatican City
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,642
vCash: 416
Yup, this is Price's team. Naming a C would just be a formality.

NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:08 PM
  #6
My Velouria
roygbiv
 
My Velouria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,834
vCash: 500
The captain is Carey Price.

My Velouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:12 PM
  #7
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
MT is da real captain
O Captain! My Captain!
BY WALT WHITMAN

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:13 PM
  #8
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
I mean it makes sense. None of the 4 candidates have emerged ahead of one another. All 4 are also having great seasons. You're 100% right that this is Carey Price's team.
Huh ?

Have you not watched Pacioretty this year ?

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:15 PM
  #9
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Huh ?

Have you not watched Pacioretty this year ?
My biggest question mark with him remains the playoffs and in terms of everything else, I don't see how he's that much ahead of the other 3 either. Yes he's composed and mature but the others have their own way of leading.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:16 PM
  #10
HabsFan76
Registered User
 
HabsFan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Huh ?

Have you not watched Pacioretty this year ?
Based on overall play this year, Pacioretty and Subban have been neck and neck so far. Plekanec and Markov just being a step below them.

HabsFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:19 PM
  #11
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,536
vCash: 50
I'm more than all right with this. I trust MB's judgment on this topic.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:28 PM
  #12
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Name Patches, already.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:32 PM
  #13
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 7,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
O Captain! My Captain!
BY WALT WHITMAN

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
Sounds like Yvan Cournoyer mourning the passing of Le Gros Bill.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:34 PM
  #14
negative77
Stay frosty
 
negative77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 469
vCash: 545
This team is Carey's.

negative77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:36 PM
  #15
mus1cx
Registered User
 
mus1cx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
1) Carey's team
2) How does this affect the relationship between Subban and Pacioretty when they have both openly stated they wanted the C?

mus1cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:39 PM
  #16
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 7,615
vCash: 500
I have an idea, give the Captaincy to the Conn Smythe Trophy winner, if he's a Hab.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:43 PM
  #17
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1cx View Post
1) Carey's team
2) How does this affect the relationship between Subban and Pacioretty when they have both openly stated they wanted the C?
If it does in any negative way then neither deserves to be the captain for the sake of the team's chemistry

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:48 PM
  #18
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 22,035
vCash: 300
Told y'all so... Subban's diving, slew-footing and farting took him down a few pegs and Pacioretty is a sniper who is not excatly proven in the playoffs - both are not ideal choices for next year. Patches doesn't need the pressure and Subban didn't earn it.

Besides, Price is this team's leader and superstar.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:48 PM
  #19
CanadianLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1cx View Post
1) Carey's team
2) How does this affect the relationship between Subban and Pacioretty when they have both openly stated they wanted the C?
For the 10000th time make them share the C instead of the A. Like that everyone is happy.

CanadianLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:53 PM
  #20
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Singapore
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Could they, in theory, put a C on every single jersey?

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 05:55 PM
  #21
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Told y'all so... Subban's diving, slew-footing and farting took him down a few pegs and Pacioretty is a sniper who is not excatly proven in the playoffs - both are not ideal choices for next year. Patches doesn't need the pressure and Subban didn't earn it.

Besides, Price is this team's leader and superstar.
Patches has shown more than just being a sniper this season. Barring a bad playoff, the C has his name all over it.

MB is just making sure not to stir the pot at this time of year with that comment.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 06:10 PM
  #22
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Patches has shown more than just being a sniper this season. Barring a bad playoff, the C has his name all over it.

MB is just making sure not to stir the pot at this time of year with that comment.
Or he doesn't see any of the candidates ahead and is giving an honest take on the subject. If didn't want to stir the pot at all, he could've just said "no comment" or "we'll see".

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 06:15 PM
  #23
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Great City of Laval
Posts: 22,316
vCash: 500
Carey's our biggest leader.

That said, between Pacioretty and Subban, of course, Pacioretty has shown he can be the captain. But let's not forget who's the playoff leader (apart from Price). It's been Subban. Dude was dominating last year.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 06:20 PM
  #24
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Or he doesn't see any of the candidates ahead and is giving an honest take on the subject. If didn't want to stir the pot at all, he could've just said "no comment" or "we'll see".
"We'll see" is basically what he saying with that comment, in my mind. I think there is at least someone on the inside track for the designation, and I don't expect him to reveal that.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2015, 06:21 PM
  #25
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 27,855
vCash: 500
So if they win the cup Markov will lift it as the senior 'A' ?

Maybe that will make him smile.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.