HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew MacDonald

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2013, 07:30 PM
  #101
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,483
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDIsles34 View Post
He must have been tired, not his fault. He's a top 4 defensemen...1-0 Senators
He already played 30 minutes so stop complaining.

You Islander fans complain about anything and are never happy no matter how great dookie smells.

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 07:39 PM
  #102
Snapshotgoal
Registered User
 
Snapshotgoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa FL
Country: United States
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Same old Amac. It's hard to imagine he's wearing an A on his chest. Can somebody please add SS next it it... I wonder what sap actually owns his jersey.

Snapshotgoal is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:18 PM
  #103
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,816
vCash: 500
I thought AMac played a good game tonight. He had the one blunder, but I noticed him a few times covering up for his d partner on odd man rushes against. Also was involved offensively more than I remember in a while.

Something occurred to me though when he turned the puck over for the goal....that is definitely a play he can't make, don't get me wrong. But at this point I think the coaches are at fault as much as he is.

Everyone agrees AMac has been struggling. And yet he keeps seeing his ice time go up. Ok, with the injuries the coaches have no choice. But look at the turnover...where was the help? I know we want to play an up tempo game, but if your dman is really struggling and is being pressured shouldn't someone come back for the puck? And his usual d partner, Hamonic, is jumping up into the play more than he ever has leaving AMac even more exposed. It's like the team is doing everything possible to put more pressure on him.

Ideally AMac would be able to handle what is happening. But, he obviously can't. And the fact that we have a coaching staff that doesn't know how to make changes is making AMac's struggles worse.

kasper11 is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:59 PM
  #104
BigWorm
Registered User
 
BigWorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Keep making excuses for a sub par player and eventually you will believe it.


Last edited by BigWorm: 11-01-2013 at 11:05 PM.
BigWorm is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 11:05 PM
  #105
BigWorm
Registered User
 
BigWorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaFmJsEIMyQ

BigWorm is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
  #106
frankieboy
Registered User
 
frankieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
Keep making excuses for a sub par player and eventually you will believe it.
THAT was AWESOME! Wow! Just, wow! Thank you!

frankieboy is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 11:12 PM
  #107
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
I thought AMac played a good game tonight. He had the one blunder, but I noticed him a few times covering up for his d partner on odd man rushes against. Also was involved offensively more than I remember in a while.

Something occurred to me though when he turned the puck over for the goal....that is definitely a play he can't make, don't get me wrong. But at this point I think the coaches are at fault as much as he is.

Everyone agrees AMac has been struggling. And yet he keeps seeing his ice time go up. Ok, with the injuries the coaches have no choice. But look at the turnover...where was the help? I know we want to play an up tempo game, but if your dman is really struggling and is being pressured shouldn't someone come back for the puck? And his usual d partner, Hamonic, is jumping up into the play more than he ever has leaving AMac even more exposed. It's like the team is doing everything possible to put more pressure on him.

Ideally AMac would be able to handle what is happening. But, he obviously can't. And the fact that we have a coaching staff that doesn't know how to make changes is making AMac's struggles worse.
I thought AMac settled in after that big brain fart in the 1st. That said I still want him on the 3rd pairing(maybe even before Vis and Strait get back) and I want him gone next year. As far as Hamonic jumping up in the play and leaving AMac exposed, I don't think you can avoid that. With Visnovsky out, Hammer has tried to step up his offensive game. I think he's actually looked pretty good in that regard, but like you said it's making life even more difficult for MacDonald.

It's obvious to me that a Hickey-Hamonic pairing has bigger potential than any other combo we can come up with. I'm just curious to see how long it will take Cappy to actually give them a shot. When Strait and Vis return they should be paired together, and MacDonald should ideally slide down to the 3rd pairing with Donovan.

blinkman360 is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 11:14 PM
  #108
MJP
Registered User
 
MJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ny
Country: Sweden
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
These are the same fans who think Okposo is a good player. Isles fans are so dumb. Hated PA, love Okposo, and now hate Amac. He shouldn't be a top pairing defenseman playing almost 30 mins a night, thats not his fault. Leading the league in blocks however is. Suck it haters, hes not the problem

MJP is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 11:17 PM
  #109
frankieboy
Registered User
 
frankieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I thought AMac settled in after that big brain fart in the 1st. That said I still want him on the 3rd pairing(maybe even before Vis and Strait get back) and I want him gone next year. As far as Hamonic jumping up in the play and leaving AMac exposed, I don't think you can avoid that. With Visnovsky out, Hammer has tried to step up his offensive game. I think he's actually looked pretty good in that regard, but like you said it's making life even more difficult for MacDonald.

It's obvious to me that a Hickey-Hamonic pairing has bigger potential than any other combo we can come up with. I'm just curious to see how long it will take Cappy to actually give them a shot. When Strait and Vis return they should be paired together, and MacDonald should ideally slide down to the 3rd pairing with Donovan.
You want him gone next year. I am not sure I disagree. But, when do we get rid of him? At the trade deadline with a playoff appearance (hopefully) hanging in the balance? Or, after the season for possibly pennies on the dollar (see Streit) or nothing at all (see PA)?

frankieboy is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 07:18 AM
  #110
Snapshotgoal
Registered User
 
Snapshotgoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa FL
Country: United States
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
............................Games G A Points +- PM
Andrew MacDonald, D 13 0 3 3 -7 10 26:53

Stinks! What does he do well?

Snapshotgoal is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 08:25 AM
  #111
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,483
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
It's obvious to me that a Hickey-Hamonic pairing has bigger potential than any other combo we can come up with. I'm just curious to see how long it will take Cappy to actually give them a shot. When Strait and Vis return they should be paired together, and MacDonald should ideally slide down to the 3rd pairing with Donovan.
IMO, most of us see that and wonder why they don't. It is a natural conclusion but not for Captain Jack Squat.

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 09:38 AM
  #112
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
These are the same fans who think Okposo is a good player. Isles fans are so dumb. Hated PA, love Okposo, and now hate Amac. He shouldn't be a top pairing defenseman playing almost 30 mins a night, thats not his fault. Leading the league in blocks however is. Suck it haters, hes not the problem
Isles did not let PAP goes because of Okposo. What a weak excuse for hating on Okposo.

Snow did not want to give PAP the term he wanted because of the young forward prospects, who were getting so close to being nhl ready.

It's very similar to the Mark Streit situation. Snow imo had X amount of dollars and yrs in mind, was not going over because he had top prospects in the pipeline.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 11:58 AM
  #113
rikker
Registered User
 
rikker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 500
AMac is a good hockey player, with flaws. we've seen him play well, so we know what he is capable of. he is not playing very well right now, so something must be amiss.

he seems to be making a lot of UNFORCED errors, which has nothing to do with playing a lot, or playing against the top line of the other team.

i personally think it's confidence. any athlete has to deal with their worst enemy, which is their own thoughts.

maybe his contract status is affecting his play? trying too hard?

it's management's responsibility to squeeze as much as they can out of their players. find the right buttons, and push them.

a good defensive defenceman would help us a lot. Poulin playing well, would help us a lot. solid team defence will help a lot. all realistic possibilities.

last night (a good team effort), is, i hope, a turning point for the team. tonight will be a good test.

rikker is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 12:03 PM
  #114
13th Floor
Registered User
 
13th Floor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
IMO, most of us see that and wonder why they don't. It is a natural conclusion but not for Captain Jack Squat.
I never read the full GDT since I tape the game, but I do recall a shift of Hamonic / Hickey. Was I crazy?

I started to think that Cap was reading this board because either you or blinkman posted that in the GDT as one of the 3 things you wanted to see.

But then that pairing went away. I think they were stuck in a change.

13th Floor is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 12:39 PM
  #115
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
I never read the full GDT since I tape the game, but I do recall a shift of Hamonic / Hickey. Was I crazy?

I started to think that Cap was reading this board because either you or blinkman posted that in the GDT as one of the 3 things you wanted to see.

But then that pairing went away. I think they were stuck in a change.
I wrote this in the Loob thread on 10/22 (before the Islanders even signed Martinek or played a game without Viz)


Not sure how something SO obvious can be missed by a professional NHL coach(for now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I completely agree with all of this. Not that I have read every post in this thread but I think you would be hard pressed to find many that don't agree that Hamonic and his skill set is the most effective and most irreplaceable defenseman on the team.

I do think viz is a close second though. I'm nervous to see how this power play functions without viz ( since I have no confidence that capuano will make the right decision and play Donovan as the #1 power play point man).

You're point that amac is not a first pairing d is well taken and I feel at this point every fan and every person on the industry realize this except cappy (lucky us).

Like it or not though, viz and hickey have done wonderful jobs as second pairing defence man when most thought it couldn't be done.

If viz is gone for a while it may be time for some experimentation with the pairings.

It would help hamonic out a lot by having a mobile positionally sound defence man that can clear the zone with regularity. For better or worse hickey is the best option right now and has had the most success against the highest competition.

For the time being with viz out I'd be tempted to try something like this...

Hickey-Hamonic
AMAC-Donovan
Strait-Carkner (I'd prefer Martinek over carkner if I had a choice) carkner is obsolete.

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
11-03-2013, 01:30 AM
  #116
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,483
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
I never read the full GDT since I tape the game, but I do recall a shift of Hamonic / Hickey. Was I crazy?

I started to think that Cap was reading this board because either you or blinkman posted that in the GDT as one of the 3 things you wanted to see.

But then that pairing went away. I think they were stuck in a change.
Probably two pairs in a change like you said. It is hard to tell with Jack though. It could mean that his three coin flips all came up heads. If they come up tails he sits Donovan in the box.

ITM mentioned it earlier, and I believe he had Hickey with Hamonic in an exhibition game so they must not have liked what they saw...

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:29 PM
  #117
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
At this point should he even be resigned?

Paulinho is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:37 PM
  #118
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
At this point should he even be resigned?
I swear i thought you were going to say reLEASED.

I would be fine with that.

I know I know, he plays the number 1 line. please Iv'e heard enough. 3 little punk kids made AMAC their ***** tonight. Enough's enough.

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:44 PM
  #119
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I swear i thought you were going to say reLEASED.

I would be fine with that.

I know I know, he plays the number 1 line. please Iv'e heard enough. 3 little punk kids made AMAC their ***** tonight. Enough's enough.
I like you.

Paulinho is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:08 PM
  #120
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,483
vCash: 250
There is no way anyone defends A Mac's game tonight with a straight face.

1st pick in the draft. We can do it folks.

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:10 PM
  #121
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
There is no way anyone defends A Mac's game tonight with a straight face.

1st pick in the draft. We can do it folks.
Ekblad or Reinhart? It would be nice to have the brothers play together but we HAVE to take Ekblad right?

Paulinho is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:19 PM
  #122
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
Ekblad or Reinhart? It would be nice to have the brothers play together but we HAVE to take Ekblad right?
Michael Dal Colle has arrived....

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:21 PM
  #123
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,483
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
Ekblad or Reinhart? It would be nice to have the brothers play together but we HAVE to take Ekblad right?
I dunno. I tried to stay away from draft topics involving top ten (I inquired once but let it go) because I did not want this season to be a total fail. I guess I wasted the effort.

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:28 PM
  #124
BigWorm
Registered User
 
BigWorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
He was brutal tonight just like he is most nights. I don't see the reason too bump up this thread.

Amac played tonight like he always does. Soft, sloppy, and useless. Nothing to see here folks.

BigWorm is offline  
Old
11-14-2013, 08:07 PM
  #125
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Ughhhhh

InformTheMasses is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.