HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson is 1st in points by defensemen

Old
11-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905
Deep down he must like Ottawa since Mac lets Karlsson run around while he gets less time than douglas murray.

Carrie Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 05:44 PM
PaGEEsBack
tell a friend

vCash: 234
As funny as all this Subban to the Sens talk is, I 100% believe PK is the one potential FA Melnyk would be willing to sign to big money. Euge is an absolute fan since the '09 WJHC. It's a very real (slim) possibility PK Subban signs in Ottawa.

PaGEEsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905
Just imagine,
30 mins of Karlsson
30 mins of Subban ...Subban with a Maclean boost

Powerlevel...over 9000!!!!!

Carrie Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGPageau View Post
As funny as all this Subban to the Sens talk is, I 100% believe PK is the one potential FA Melnyk would be willing to sign to big money. Euge is an absolute fan since the '09 WJHC. It's a very real (slim) possibility PK Subban signs in Ottawa.

Don't want.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

I'd love to have these two guys. It would be a pairing for the history books.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:29 AM
fredligh

Dont need the dressing room pest subban.

fredligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:46 AM
BigBush*

I thought Karlsson had one of his best defensive games tonight. He routinely got the puck with physical play in his own end and always made sure their was a successful breakout. Karlsson often doesn't get enough credit for when he plays these shutdown games because people expect him to light up the score sheet

BigBush* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:15 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHins View Post
I thought Karlsson had one of his best defensive games tonight. He routinely got the puck with physical play in his own end and always made sure their was a successful breakout. Karlsson often doesn't get enough credit for when he plays these shutdown games because people expect him to light up the score sheet
I somewhat agree.

I unno why though but against bigger atmospheres and stadiums he tends to not rush up as much as he normally does.

He was normal offensively against Toronto and against Montreal. Now this appears to be recent development cause before injury he played full out against all teams but maybe this is blessing in disguise? He'll play safe approach until he fully gets wheels back and have a couple arsenals in his back-pocket?

I unno I just thought I saw him play very pre-cautious hockey, which is actually not Karlsson at his best. He was also second guessing plays when tracking players on the board who'd cut and he'd delay in catching up to em.

The brilliant thing about Karlsson though is something you may view a weakness, a month later he seems to adjust to it and make it a strength.

He got better as the game went along for sure.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 02:38 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHins View Post
I noticed that as well. Karlsson was quietly one of the best defensive players tonight.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Karlsson made some really nice defensive plays last night, but I think he was a bit more hesitant with the puck than usual. A few times I thought he had primo opportunities to rush or take a shot on net and he elected to pass. No complaints really...just an observation that he played a little more subdued last night.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGPageau View Post
Not sure if it would be Subban, but you have to figure at some point soon barring Euge's financial situation, Ottawa should become a strong destination for good players, i mean who wouldn't want to play with Karl, strong goaltending and an assortment of talent including Spezz Turris and Ryan. I hope in a year or two we get that massive FA and i am talking a real star/winner none of these clarkson types etc...

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:16 AM
SenzZen
I Ain't Even Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Don't want.
Oh come on, now.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
Not sure if it would be Subban, but you have to figure at some point soon barring Euge's financial situation, Ottawa should become a strong destination for good players, i mean who wouldn't want to play with Karl, strong goaltending and an assortment of talent including Spezz Turris and Ryan. I hope in a year or two we get that massive FA and i am talking a real star/winner none of these clarkson types etc...
Those players rarely make it to FA anymore. Suter-Parise was likely the last, and that was a huge anomaly (and likely collusion).

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:19 AM
SenzZen
I Ain't Even Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
Those players rarely make it to FA anymore. Suter-Parise was likely the last, and that was a huge anomaly (and likely collusion).
That's what they said about Chara before that (minus the collusion part).

It still happens.

Hopefully it won't happen to us again.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Thanks! Asked for that gif in the GDT, simply one the best skate receiving pass I have ever seen, ridiculous skill

Players on the bench were so amazed that it took them a few seconds to move their eyes again... They missed the following play lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Will EK create a new top 2 D with Cowen like he did with Kuba and Methot?
Of course, helps Cowen to concentrate on his game. Playing him with Wiercioch doesn't work yet, of course. Too much inexperience

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
You are certainly correct but once in a blue moon a true star FA worth the cash becomes available for various reasons a la Hossa, and it would be nice to finish the team off so to speak with a similar player. I feel we are very close to having all the pieces needed for a cup with a bit of seasoning needed of course.

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Wondercarrot
Casual Thor

If there is a true star player that makes it to UFA status, back up the truck and pay him, pretty much regardless of position.
If you can add a top line talent or top pairing defenceman for 'only' money you do it.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 11:33 AM
johan f

Can't stop watching that gif of EK recieving puck. He is for christs sake using "wrong" skate. LOL.

johan f is offline   Reply With Quote