HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Contact the oilers via the oilers web site!

Old
11-14-2013, 10:22 AM
czar99

vCash: 50
Contact the oilers via the oilers web site!

I know this can probably go in the boycott thread but I want it to have a chance for everybody to see it.

I went to the Oilers web sit this morning and scrolled to the bottom to contacts. It gave me an option to email selected departments. Choose customer service.

This is the email I sent them and I suggest we all do. I can't remember a GDT with over 1000 posts, it's like everyone was there to watch the ship officially sink.

To whom it may concern,

At what point does Oilers management not admit to making a mistake in the choice of head. He took a budding team to the absolute worst start in franchise history.

It's time for Eakins to be let go.

Also if Kevin Lowe had a shred of self respect he would have stepped down long ago.

I know it's not the greatest but it's the best I could do this morning feeding my daughter her pancakes.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I know this can probably go in the boycott thread but I want it to have a chance for everybody to see it.

I went to the Oilers web sit this morning and scrolled to the bottom to contacts. It gave me an option to email selected departments. Choose customer service.

This is the email I sent them and I suggest we all do. I can't remember a GDT with over 1000 posts, it's like everyone was there to watch the ship officially sink.

To whom it may concern,

At what point does Oilers management not admit to making a mistake in the choice of head. He took a budding team to the absolute worst start in franchise history.

Also if Kevin Lowe had a shred of self respect he would have stepped down long ago.

I know it's not the greatest but it's the best I could do this morning feeding my daughter her pancakes.
I recommend proofreading. At least some secretary will get a bit of humor this morning.

From experience, I know that letters from non-STHs receive either a form letter response, or are simply ignored. STHs are contacted by the front office in some manner and are allowed to vent.

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:51 AM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
I recommend proofreading. At least some secretary will get a bit of humor this morning.

From experience, I know that letters from non-STHs receive either a form letter response, or are simply ignored. STHs are contacted by the front office in some manner and are allowed to vent.
Pancakes I said!

If they get 200 there going to notice.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Connell McWilson
Oilers & Seahawks

vCash: 500
Does anyone have Kevin Lowe's email???

I wanna give him a piece of my mind!!!!!

Connell McWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post

To whom it may concern,

I don't agree with this. We all make mistakes and at 2am your judgment is clouded. A man should not be ridiculed for this.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Oscar Acosta

vCash: 1083
bigdog6ringsncounting@edmontonoilerscountryclub.co m

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:57 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
5ringsonmyhandandoneonmydinkiknowwinning@gmail.com

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:59 AM
IBleedOil247

I emailed Patrick Laforge last night, and to my surprise I received a response from him (probably his secretary) this morning asking for ideas from the paying public on what to change

IBleedOil247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedOil247 View Post
I emailed Patrick Laforge last night, and to my surprise I received a response from him (probably his secretary) this morning asking for ideas from the paying public on what to change
That's the form letter.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:03 AM
SerbianEagle

what is his or Lowe's email address, but a real one...not the ones posted above...

SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:07 AM
IBleedOil247

Quote:
That's the form letter.
It wasn't a drafted letter. It was actually a candid response which surprised me

Old
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
IBleedOil247

Colin, thank you for this email. I do appreciate that you took time to send me this message.

No doubt this is a dark period in our history. And, in my mind it may be even more negatively enhanced because it is completely the opposite of what the media, the fans, management and poolies were anticipating for the Oilers this year. But back to your email... you are asking for changes and I am all ears, could you please take a bit more time to tell me what changes you suggest for you and other Oilers fans and guests? I would appreciate your contribution.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: November-13-13 11:36 PM
To: Patrick LaForge
Subject: State of Union

Dear Patrick,

I am writing today with great disappointment. I have been an Oiler fan for 30 years and a paying fan for 15 years. While I do not have season tickets, I do attend about 5-10 games per year, paying my way to about 50% of these attendances.
I refuse to spend another dollar on this organization until things change. It seems as if the attitude at the game (production, marketing, etc.) does not care what the paying public thinks and only see's the dollar signs that come with each home game. I sincerely hope that the rest of the fan base follows a similar action to wake up the management and business operations group of this franchise as we have become the laughing stock of the professional sports world. It's time for action! It's time to show the paying public that the "business side" of the Edmonton Oilers actually cares.
I assume that this is one of many critical emails/letters/phone calls you and other members of the organization have received but I felt I needed to vent. If you do take time to read this, thank you.
I love this team, but I can't take it anymore. I will focus my attention and money elsewhere until this organization wakes up.

Kind regards,

Colin Carriere

Old
11-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

Great point about the production and marketing. I'd expand on that in a follow-up letter, since that is LaForge's department.

- alternate jersey nights
- food specials
- signing booth for scratched players
- better selection of merchandise (Pittsburgh's team store puts ours to absolute shame)
- opening doors earlier to alleviate overcrowding
- remove some vendors who cause overcrowding on the main concourse

Last edited by Jek McPorkins: 11-14-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old
11-14-2013, 11:14 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
Does anyone have Kevin Lowe's email???

I wanna give him a piece of my mind!!!!!
somebody needs to take a piece of his mind

flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Oscar Acosta

vCash: 1083
So basically..

"Hi Colin, we are **** out of ideas too."

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Asher

Quote:
It wasn't a drafted letter. It was actually a candid response which surprised me
Tell him Lowe needs to go. There's no need to be rude or angry about it. There's no need to get emotional. The fact is, Lowe has had his chance. It's time for some fresh ideas. The Habs went through this when they had Bob Gainey. Gainey is as much a legend in Montreal as Lowe is in Edmonton. Gainey got his chance, but when it didn't work out, the Habs moved on. It was a tough thing to do, but they did it. It's time for the Oilers to do the same with Lowe. If this were any of Katz's other businesses he's have made this change already.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:29 AM
IBleedOil247

Quote:
Great point about the production and marketing. I'd expand on that in a follow-up letter, since that is LaForge's department.

- alternate jersey nights
- food specials
- signing booth for scratched players
- better selection of merchandise (Pittsburgh's team store puts ours to absolute shame)
- opening doors earlier to alleviate overcrowding
- remove some vendors who cause overcrowding on the main concourse
Some good ideas here. I will include some of these suggestions in my response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
So basically..

"Hi Colin, we are **** out of ideas too."
Haha...that's the first thought that came to my mind too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Tell him Lowe needs to go. There's no need to be rude or angry about it. There's no need to get emotional. The fact is, Lowe has had his chance. It's time for some fresh ideas. The Habs went through this when they had Bob Gainey. Gainey is as much a legend in Montreal as Lowe is in Edmonton. Gainey got his chance, but when it didn't work out, the Habs moved on. It was a tough thing to do, but they did it. It's time for the Oilers to do the same with Lowe. If this were any of Katz's other businesses he's have made this change already.
I am going to take my time with my response. I am not going to come across, yelling and screaming saying "Fire Klowe" because that is not realistic. I will word it so your point can be interpreted because I get it. It is much deeper than our Pres of Hockey Opps though

Old
11-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Horseradish

I have it somewhere, but you should post LaForge's email so more people can let him know what they think.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Mr McV

Quote:
Colin, thank you for this email. I do appreciate that you took time to send me this message.

No doubt this is a dark period in our history. And, in my mind it may be even more negatively enhanced because it is completely the opposite of what the media, the fans, management and poolies were anticipating for the Oilers this year. But back to your email... you are asking for changes and I am all ears, could you please take a bit more time to tell me what changes you suggest for you and other Oilers fans and guests? I would appreciate your contribution.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: November-13-13 11:36 PM
To: Patrick LaForge
Subject: State of Union

Dear Patrick,

I am writing today with great disappointment. I have been an Oiler fan for 30 years and a paying fan for 15 years. While I do not have season tickets, I do attend about 5-10 games per year, paying my way to about 50% of these attendances.I refuse to spend another dollar on this organization until things change. It seems as if the attitude at the game (production, marketing, etc.) does not care what the paying public thinks and only see's the dollar signs that come with each home game. I sincerely hope that the rest of the fan base follows a similar action to wake up the management and business operations group of this franchise as we have become the laughing stock of the professional sports world. It's time for action! It's time to show the paying public that the "business side" of the Edmonton Oilers actually cares.
I assume that this is one of many critical emails/letters/phone calls you and other members of the organization have received but I felt I needed to vent. If you do take time to read this, thank you.
I love this team, but I can't take it anymore. I will focus my attention and money elsewhere until this organization wakes up.

Kind regards,

Colin Carriere
Tier 2

Much laughter

Delete

Mr McV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Oil Town XJ

whats laforges email address?

Oil Town XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:41 AM
McThome
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to McThome
You know a starter would be for them to drop the preposterous "here come the Oilers" nonsense. What third year marketing intern came up with that laughable line worthy of a pathetic sun belt hockey franchise?

But I think that reflects a general change in perspective in this organization since the Oilers were sold by the EIG. They are no longer 'Your Edmonton Oilers'.

11-14-2013, 12:08 PM
IBleedOil247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I have it somewhere, but you should post LaForge's email so more people can let him know what they think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Town XJ View Post
whats laforges email address?
plaforge@edmontonoilers.com

Old
11-14-2013, 12:16 PM
40oz

Lowe seems like the kind of guy who still uses hotmail.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:18 PM
McOkMcgoMcoil

So in responce.

Dear Loyal fans.

we suck. not sure why. we will get back when we've figured it out.

McOkMcgoMcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:31 PM
T-Funk

As if it wasn't bad enough on its own, Laforge needs to blame fan expectations on the third worst start in franchise history.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote