HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
I'm glad we got that one figured out.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:49 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
There were a whole bunch of Rangers posters advocating the Rangers draft him in his draft year. My two guys were Zack Kassian and Kreider--Kassian was gone by the time the Rangers picked. You weren't the first and there's another whole bunch of Rangers posters counted on him figuring it out sooner or later who never lost hope. You don't always pay attention to what others are saying. Sometimes I think you're too obsessed with your mostly crazy trade ideas.

As for the first poster on HF to push Kreider in his draft year it happened to be a Bruins poster. I forget his user name but this guy was writing a lot of stuff about Kreider when he was at Phillips Andover. Back in those days Chris wasn't worrying about getting drafted--to him that was a pipe dream. He was worrying whether he was good enough to get a Hockey East scholarship.
I never said I was first.
I said once it was clear his filling out would not compromise his speed, and he would have a great shot which was unknown, THEN I said ok, this is the real deal.

I'm only taking credit for saying that was enough to gamble on whether or not all that would succeed at NHL level, when most of you were all the sky is falling because he did not have enough polish or experience.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I never said I was first.
I said once it was clear his filling out would not compromise his speed, and he would have a great shot which was unknown, THEN I said ok, this is the real deal.

I'm only taking credit for saying that was enough to gamble on whether or not all that would succeed at NHL level, when most of you were all the sky is falling because he did not have enough polish or experience.
The group calling Kreider a bust was relatively small, and traditionally tied to knee-jerk reactions. A lot of people, including me, referenced how Kreider was playing like garbage last season, which he was.

He looks a lot better this season, but nowhere near a level that would substantiate your gloating.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
OK. For one thing, no one except you really cares about how often you're right and wrong. I was the first person to wonder about our depth after the Nash trade. For a while I was about the only person. I don't crow with glee at the fact that a lot of other people came on board with me over the course of last season. No one cares. I was poking fun at you because Kreider at center is one of your more outlandish ideas, and that's saying something. You were NOT way ahead of the whole Kreider thing. The kid has been considered our number 1 prospect for a relatively long time now... basically since McDonagh was recalled. Somehow, you're the only one who felt he had this kind of potential? Give me a ****ing break. All that this self-congratulatory junk you're espousing is doing is making people like you even less.

Be vocal in defeat and quiet in victory. Otherwise, you're just being an ass.
Never said I was the only one but I was certainly the loudest about not making the mistake of trading him anytime prior to 3+ weeks ago, when his value was so low.

Not that I'm saying NOW let's trade him.
But I correctly saw he's a franchise cornerstone w/McD, and it would take massive overpay to give him up.

Feel free to waste your time, not mine, and audit so many of these posts the past 2 years and see how many wanted to give Kreider the quick heave ho.

I was clearly not there.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:58 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The group calling Kreider a bust was relatively small, and traditionally tied to knee-jerk reactions. A lot of people, including me, referenced how Kreider was playing like garbage last season, which he was.

He looks a lot better this season, but nowhere near a level that would substantiate your gloating.
We agree to disagree.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:31 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
We agree to disagree.
Or maybe you can be the mature and enlightened individual that you're trying to prove you are to us with your babble in your nonsensical trade proposals and let it go?

Old
11-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
SAVE US WINNIE

vCash: 69
bern, he was like a top-20 prospect on this site at one point, not a 7th rounder from Uzbekistan. :-)

Old
11-18-2013, 10:41 PM
BroadwayHustle

Kreider has been great and he has an awesome release/hard wrister but he HAS to finish some of these chances..he should have 5-7 goals EASILY now

Old
11-19-2013, 04:06 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
Kreider, Stepan, MDZ, and 2 1sts for Hertl anybody? Hertl has elite goal scoring potential....

Old
11-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Kreider, Stepan, MDZ, and 2 1sts for Hertl anybody? Hertl has elite goal scoring potential....
You might want to add in Lundqvist. We don't need goaltending with all the goals Hertl will be scoring. I doubt we even need to put a goalie in net, actually.

Old
11-19-2013, 08:00 AM
eco's bones

With Kreider there were the inevitable comparisons to Hugh Jessiman. They both followed the same path. Prep school hockey to College. I don't know if Kreider comes from money but Jessiman surely did. Both were huge, offensive players. Jessiman already had one season at Dartmouth by the time he was drafted. By the time of Kreider's draft year a lot of people had concerns about this because Jessiman had bust written all over him and there were quite a number of players drafted after him that turned out well. The other thing was that when Kreider switched from high school to prep school--the prep school pushed him back a grade and he was a junior at Phillips Andover when the Rangers drafted him and no one wanted him to go back there for his senior year. There was a talk of the Q and of the USHL but Kreider crammed and crammed that summer to get that senior year out of the way and entered Boston College the next year. He'd always wanted to play for a Hockey East team and that's what he was going to do.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:35 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Stepan +. See how low they'll go.
IF YOU MUST

Old
11-19-2013, 12:36 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
You might want to add in Lundqvist. We don't need goaltending with all the goals Hertl will be scoring. I doubt we even need to put a goalie in net, actually.
In the words of R. Ricardo:

Lucy, you just so ridiculous!

Old
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
May be some cap issues there. May have to take Havlat back.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
bern, he was like a top-20 prospect on this site at one point, not a 7th rounder from Uzbekistan. :-)
True!
Yet people here wanted to give him the bum's rush at great discount.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Kreider remains a disappointment in my book. He doesn't score, and he's invisible if Zucc has a bad game.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Kreider remains a disappointment in my book. He doesn't score, and he's invisible if Zucc has a bad game.
Must be a poorly written book.

11-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I know right. Totally fair to expect him to go from struggling player to all-star in a matter of a few weeks.

Hes got the right mentality and the right compete level lately. The other things will start falling into place. Anyone who watches that line and thinks Zuccarello is the catalyst is out to lunch. Kreider's play has given that line all sorts of space and time.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

So, was Torts being unreasonable when he wanted Kreider to move his feet?

In a shocking twist, it's improved his game greatly.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:25 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
This is hilarious

If anything it's the opposite except Kreider hasn't had a bad game

Old
11-19-2013, 01:26 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
I'm truly shocked you think Zucc is to thank for Kreider's success or lack thereof.

rip
Old
11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
So, was Torts being unreasonable when he wanted Kreider to move his feet?

In a shocking twist, it's improved his game greatly.
No, no. Thats not what happened. Kreider was overthinking stone age hockey so much that it fried his brain.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
No, no. Thats not what happened. Kreider was overthinking stone age hockey so much that it fried his brain.
Which begs the question, if it was just as simple as getting him to move his feet, why couldn't Tortorella motivate him to do it?

Old
11-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Which begs the question, if it was just as simple as getting him to move his feet, why couldn't Tortorella motivate him to do it?
Good question.

Human interaction I guess. Some guys react well to brash task masters, some guys don't.

Personally, I wouldnt have much patience for a player that seemed incapable of something so simple throughout a strike shortened season.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Good question.

Human interaction I guess. Some guys react well to brash task masters, some guys don't.

Personally, I wouldnt have much patience for a player that seemed incapable of something so simple throughout a strike shortened season.
It wasn't immediate with AV either. Kreider looked like trash through the preseason.

Closed Thread