HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Time to Fess up, which player did you have to eat Crow over??

Old
10-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Kevin Dallman.

Guy was a force in Providence (and now the KHL as well), but could never translate his play up to the NHL level.

Thought for sure he's be the next Brian Rafalski ...
Dude! I loved Kevin Dallman! Underdog and I thought he was going to be a bottom-pair powerplay guy for us for some time. Sucks that he never made it here.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Lackey

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 01:43 AM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Dude! I loved Kevin Dallman! Underdog and I thought he was going to be a bottom-pair powerplay guy for us for some time. Sucks that he never made it here.
Yeah, I was convinced he was going to be a star

I may have to go ahead and eat crow on my call that Caron would turn out to be a better player than Colborne as well ... I think they're both equally bad and unmotivated

Colborne led all forwards in ice time tonight in Calgary ( ) and finished 0-0-0 with a minus-2 and 53% in the circle.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 07:21 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
I had Moe Lemay pegged as the next Guy Lafluer.
Classic. Dad had 67`s season tix for decades and we watched Mo for, I believe 3 seasons, he had an absolutely remarkable final year, every time he was on the ice it seemed like the puck ended up in the back of the net, almost had 70 goals, close to 140pts that year

He was never a can`t miss kind of prospect but I thought surely he`d be a solid NHL`er for years

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Bri

Petr Kalus: would've kept him over Krejci. Yikes.

Tim Thomas: I once argued on these boards that Thomas was an average to slightly above average goalie at best and too streaky to ever take a team to a Cup. Ooops.

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:14 AM
BigBadBruin

Paille - gave up on him in the 2011 season. Didn't think he would amount to anything in Boston.

Wheeler - thought his one on one skills were special in his first year. Then he figured out how to make it look like he was working hard without working hard. The same disease Sequin discovered.

BigBadBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:30 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Partly Seguin, although I never joined the "I WOULDN'T TRADE HIM FOR ANYTHING" bandwagon.(See Drew Doughty thread for insanity), but I like most others had very high hopes for him having a long long career here. I still think he'll be a stud, but obviously not here

Chris Kelly and Jordan Caron in a sense, but they're both slowing down now.

It's tempting to say Krejci, but at the same time...he's playing at the level right now I've always known he can play. My criticism has been the consistency in effort. I think I've always been clear when I'm saying that he can be more than a 57-62 point guy if he put forth the effort.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:43 AM
RustyBruins72

Tim Thomas.

Backin_72 always believed in him and tried to convince me. I think it wasn't until after Terry passed away that I really started to believe in Timmy.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Bone for your jar

Ryder and Paille: didn't expect much of either.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Salem13

Spooner, I thought he was going to burst into the NHL last year.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:05 PM
ap3lovr

Was wrong of way too many prospects to post. On the current roster I have some crow to eat over Kelly. I thought he was cooked, but he has been one of our best forwards so far this season. I would say he has been our 2nd best C.

ap3lovr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
I hope I'm wrong on Soderberg, who I don't think is going to meet his LF hype.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:20 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Oh, and I once thought that Jon Rohloff was going to be a top 4 dman for years to come.....whoops!

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:54 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Krejci, I wanted a team with two number one defencemen and I would have traded him for a guy like that.

Also felt he was more like Craig Janney (I hated him) than Adam Oates and would have made a similar trade for an 'upgrade'.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:16 PM
SCBruCrew4

Krecji was someone who I thought should have been traded during all the trade talks 2 years ago. I was All about trading him or Lucic for someone like Bobby Ryan. Guess I'm eating my words now considering Krecji has been unreal in the playoffs and Lucic has stepped up to be what I would consider an "unmarked captain"

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:19 AM
stummies

Rask v Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
For me,definitely Rask.I never thought he could reach the level Thomas did.Although I don't think we will ever see goaltending like we did from Thomas in 2010-2011,Rask is an outstanding goalie,one of the best,if not the best in the NHL right now.
You can't argue with the results, but statistically Rask's numbers last year and Tim's numbers the year they won the cup are pretty close. Same save percentage and Rask had a lower GAA. I also think that last years Blackhawks were a better (or more complete) team than the Vancouver team they won against.

But I'd say it's Rask for me, too. I watched him play behind Thomas and it didn't seem like he'd amount to much.

stummies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:43 AM
kytem2

Grigori Panteleev had the best "debut" I have ever seen.

It was actually his second NHL game, but he was magic with Adam Oates that Saturday afternoon and scored 2 goals. I was sure he was going to lead the Bruins to several Cups.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...212050NJD.html

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:53 AM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
For me,definitely Rask.I never thought he could reach the level Thomas did.Although I don't think we will ever see goaltending like we did from Thomas in 2010-2011,Rask is an outstanding goalie,one of the best,if not the best in the NHL right now.
The year Thomas had in 2011 is up there with the greatest combined years (regular season and playoffs) of all time. He is up there with Bernie Parent.

Rask may never have a season like that, (but he was just as good in the playoffs), but if the Bruins have to expect one of the greatest goaltending performances of all time to win the cup, their chances are rather slim.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:25 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Seguin

I thought he would get it here and really believed in him, was extremely dissapointed in his playoff performance (despite "battling" in front of the net ot game 7 vs leafs and getting an assist off his skate ) and saddened his career had to end here so quickly

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:27 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
Spooner, I thought he was going to burst into the NHL last year.
Not uncommon in this day and age of need it yesterday, your not alone.

Not sure of the demographic you fall into but some of us blue hairs here recall a day when a prospect was expected to take 3-5 years to be "ready". Clearly that wasn`t every prospect but...

Old
11-03-2013, 07:51 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not uncommon in this day and age of need it yesterday, your not alone.

Not sure of the demographic you fall into but some of us blue hairs here recall a day when a prospect was expected to take 3-5 years to be "ready". Clearly that wasn`t every prospect but...
Maybe a topic for a different thread but why do you think there is a push to get Prospects into the NHL so quickly now?

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:57 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Maybe a topic for a different thread but why do you think there is a push to get Prospects into the NHL so quickly now?
Geez, I`m not sure I`m anywhere near as qualified as some of our posters here to comment on that but I`ll try......

My "belief" is the cap plays the biggest role, to keep costs down, some teams "appear" to be willing to absorb some of the mistakes a kid will make to trim costs down?

I also think every team has made the mistake of being a touch too enamored by a solid, if unspectacular 10 game stretch where they make their decisions on whether to send that player back to Junior?

Another area that could dictate things too is there seems to be a divided opinion on what`s "best" for the kid`s development, loads of ice time and a perception that they`ll go down to Junior and dominate (which we see, but not nearly as often as some think) rather than play in the NHL.

Again, chances are I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off with all of this TCL

The ultimate reason....lack of patience with GM`s too. You will rarely see a Ken Holland rush anyone

Old
11-03-2013, 11:55 AM
qc

vCash: 2000
I was pro-Clarkson to Boston during this past offseason.

:runs away embarassed:

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
I didn't like the contract, but i was pumped to get Lapointe. I was also pretty happy to get Paul Mara.
i have a few that i had too many expectations for... not alot that overachieved. lapoine/mara are two of my biggest guys i expected alot more out of... put brad stuart in there too. I guess almost everyone that played for the team between 1997 and 2007 could fit into the catagory of giving me less then i expected out of them though.

bob sweeney and steve heinze were a bit earlier... always expected a 30-35 goal season out of both of these streaky guys

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:39 PM
cat400

Cameron Mann.
Based upon his play-off performances in the OHL, he appeared to be a sure-fired bet for a regular role with the Bruins.

Tyler Seguin: with all the hype I thought he become our version of Stamkos.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote