HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Rundblad

Old
10-30-2013, 07:36 PM
RCola88

vCash: 500
David Rundblad

Now I know what you're thinking, another defense men? I agree we need offense but this kid for the Yotes is a Lefty that plays the right side. He can move the puck and is a good powerplay guy. He has a lot of potential and we can get him for maybe a 3rd. I think he would be a good project, and could possibly let us trade another D-man in a package for a top 6 forward.

The risk is like I said he plays the right side, but since he is left handed maybe we can switch him. We have a way with D men and adding Housley could help him out a lot. I think it is worth the risk.

D Lines:
Jones - Weber
Josi - Klein
Ekholm/Rundblad - Ellis
Bartley

Im not really a Bartley fan either. He plays good but I don't see the upside be sides a top 8 defensemen

Last edited by RCola88: 10-30-2013 at 07:44 PM.
RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCola88 View Post
Now I know what you're thinking, another defense men? I agree we need offense but this kid for the Yotes is a Lefty that plays the right side. He can move the puck and is a good powerplay guy. He has a lot of potential and we can get him for maybe a 3rd. I think he would be a good project, and could possibly let us trade another D-man in a package for a top 6 forward.

The risk is like I said he plays the right side, but since he is left handed maybe we can switch him. We have a way with D men and adding Housley could help him out a lot. I think it is worth the risk.

D Lines:
Jones - Weber
Josi - Klein
Ekholm/Rundblad - Ellis
Bartley

Im not really a Bartley fan either. He plays good but I don't see the upside be sides a top 8 defensemen
Actually, what I was thinking was that Rundblad is singular... a defenseMAN.

And I like his game a lot, but I'm not sure the Coyotes 7th D is that much better than the Preds 5-6...

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:40 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post

And I like his game a lot, but I'm not sure the Coyotes 7th D is that much better than the Preds 5-6...
I'd take him, but it's almost probably going to be more than a 3rd.

Just swtich him for Ellis, while Ellis still has value. Poile needs to learn to trade people before their value tanks. Get something for Ellis while we can...

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:56 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post

Im not saying Nashville is looking weak, but if we did ever go after Rundblad we put up a stellar defense. This could allow us to get rid of the RHD problem and have Weber, Jones, Klein on the right side and Josi Rundlad and Ekholm on the left for many, many years.

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

I wish you guys would go after Rundblad. The kid deserves a chance but Tippet won't even give him the time of day.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 02:39 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Rundblad is right handed.

Good luck tonight guys!

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

There isn't enough room on this team for both Ellis and Rundblad. One or the other. I'd probably choose Ellis, but haven't seen much of Rundblad lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I wish you guys would go after Rundblad. The kid deserves a chance but Tippet won't even give him the time of day.
If Tippet won't give him ice time then neither will Trotz. They have pretty similar coaching philosophies.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 03:24 PM
thecloser

we can trade ellis for offense. don't use ellis for more defense. use someone like spaling and a 5th for runblad.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote