HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds vs Coyotes (Oct 31) Hutton or Hellberg?

Old
10-30-2013, 04:29 PM
alexthedragonslayer

vCash: 500
Preds vs Coyotes (Oct 31) Hutton or Hellberg?

Hi there,

Anyone have any indications as to who will start in net for the Preds tomorrow night against Mike Smith and the Coyotes?

Thanks and much appreciated.

alexthedragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 04:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd guess Hutton

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 04:45 PM
alexthedragonslayer

Since he's first on the depth chart, you're probably right. Hellberg would be the backup and if we get another poor performance out of Hutton, then at that point I'd venture to say all bets are off... thanks!

Old
10-30-2013, 06:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthedragonslayer View Post
Since he's first on the depth chart, you're probably right. Hellberg would be the backup and if we get another poor performance out of Hutton, then at that point I'd venture to say all bets are off... thanks!
most folks who were at the game saturday didnt criticize huttons performance all that much... apparently he was stopping shots but the team wasnt clearing rebounds

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 07:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
most folks who were at the game saturday didnt criticize huttons performance all that much... apparently he was stopping shots but the team wasnt clearing rebounds
easy now, not all rebounds can be cleared, it's up to the goalie to control the rebounds

Old
10-30-2013, 11:38 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

It will be Hutton. Unless it isn't - then it will be Hellberg.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 07:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
easy now, not all rebounds can be cleared, it's up to the goalie to control the rebounds
Im just going by what others have said... I was surprised that more people didnt talk about Hutton being crappy and hit the "we need Bryz" panic button... but most people have said he played well enough but didnt get any help.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:32 AM
alexthedragonslayer

Quote:
Im just going by what others have said... I was surprised that more people didnt talk about Hutton being crappy and hit the "we need Bryz" panic button... but most people have said he played well enough but didnt get any help.
No need to hit the panic button yet... give it at least 2 more 4+ gaa games and then lets talk

Old
10-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Believe me, in that game vs. the Blues., there were a dozen guys sleepwalking through the entire contest. Hutton was hardly the worst offender, but he does have to be accountable for some of the damage. Hellberg was left completely defenseless on his first NHL shot, and didn't inspire much more confidence at that point.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 12:10 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
it has been a week or so, but I remember him fighting the puck a bit. Shwartz's goal was a beauty and beat hutton clean, and I remember him crapping a puck mason style. coaches and teammates are doing the right thing by deflecting a piss poor game off the goaltender and onto themselves. He made saves, his rebound control was awful, which I think has to do more with NHL experience and the speed of the game. I think that will come. But to say a goalie giving up 5 goals and didn't play too bad is inaccurate.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 12:40 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He didn't but he gave up 2 goals on 4 shots in the 2nd period and 3 goals on 9 shots in the 3rd. If those were all on rebounds I'd be shocked.

Old
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Should we just turn this into the official goaltending thread?

Anyways, Hutton was hardly lights out Saturday, but he was the least of our problems. We wouldn't have own that game with prime Hasek and prime Roy both playing goalie at once.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote