HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban behind Boyle and Letang for Team Canada

Old
11-22-2013, 08:41 AM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Just want to reiterate something I said earlier in this thread...

Shea Weber is incredibly overrated, if we're talking about righty vs. lefty...You could argue that Drew Doughty deserves to be the #1 right handed dman, but after that, i'm sorry, I know Shea Weber fits the typical 'Canadian' player profile

But he's not a better defensman than PK Subban
The memory of Shea Weber is still in peoples minds. Like many have said, losing Suter has really made him drop off the map... Well my map.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:42 AM
TT1

the problem with canada is that we have too many elite RHD's =/. weber, doughty, subban and pie all deserve to be there. then you have solid players like vlasic and bouwmeester who deserve to be considered aswell

TT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:44 AM
shutehinside

I think there is little chance Subban is left off the team for the talk by the pundits.

He just won the Norris, leads his team and is 2nd amongst defencemen in scoring, played his junior hockey on Olympic sized ice (Belleville) which his speed gives a huge advantage and was one of Canada's best players when he played in the Junior tourney.

Him no making the team would be akin to Stamkos not making the team because he's a defensive liability. Gimme a ****ing break.

PK brings what literally no other defenceman in Canada can bring. He's a constant offensive threat and can generate offense at a moments notice through a break out pass or driving up the the ice, especially Olympic size rink. With Weber on the 1st PP and PK on the 2nd, Canada would easily have the best PP in the tourney which is incredibly important in a short tournament.

No way PK doesn't make this team at his current pace of play.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:44 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
No it's not. I have been a die hard Team Canada supporter my whole life but if they leave PK off this team and take Letang, Boyle, or Bouwmeester, over him something is seriously wrong with Hockey Canada and I will have a hard time supporting them. Even with Price as a goalie. It's irrational and makes no sense, especially considering he played his junior hockey on an Olympic size rink!

I blame Don Cherry for this mess. If he didn't start that PK has no respect tirade and that he has to tone down his "shenanigans", I don't think things would have snowballed to this point. And we know for sure if PK played for the Leafs he would be the second coming of Jesus in the Canadian media, or actually the third, sorry Carey!

If they do leave him off I hope he gives them the finger if they ask him to go to the Worlds.
If PK was on the Leafs or Bruins, Cherry would be PK's biggest cheerleader...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierPsyCHiatrist View Post
I don't know if it has been posted yet (I'll read the thread after) but but it amaze me how people are never talking about Seabrook playing sheltered minutes (21:53), same goes for Keith (24:04), Bouwmester (24:29), Vlasic (20:40), Boyle (20:54) and Phaneuf (24:11)... but it's considered a ''strong argument'' against PK's chances at Sochi. Doughty plays 40 seconds more, Pietrangelo 50, and the almighty Weber plays 110 seconds more than Subban, with an amazing -7.

Subban is the 9th best canadian d-man with 24:53 TOI per game.
Are you shocked?

It's always a double standard when it comes to PK Subban...he's not judged on the same merits as his peers.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
The memory of Shea Weber is still in peoples minds. Like many have said, losing Suter has really made him drop off the map... Well my map.
I always thought Ryan Suter was the more polished dman between them...doesn't mean that Weber is awful, he's a very good dman.

But he's incredibly overrated, he's not the rock people like to portray him as.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:02 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Are you shocked?

It's always a double standard when it comes to PK Subban...he's not judged on the same merits as his peers.
This I agree.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:03 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
No it's not. I have been a die hard Team Canada supporter my whole life but if they leave PK off this team and take Letang, Boyle, or Bouwmeester, over him something is seriously wrong with Hockey Canada and I will have a hard time supporting them. Even with Price as a goalie. It's irrational and makes no sense, especially considering he played his junior hockey on an Olympic size rink!

I blame Don Cherry for this mess. If he didn't start that PK has no respect tirade and that he has to tone down his "shenanigans", I don't think things would have snowballed to this point. And we know for sure if PK played for the Leafs he would be the second coming of Jesus in the Canadian media, or actually the third, sorry Carey!

If they do leave him off I hope he gives them the finger if they ask him to go to the Worlds.

I think my mind will blow up after reading this post.......

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:05 AM
PATCHESx67

and stop saying u won't cheer for team Canada wen will still have Price there and he should Deff be starting

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:10 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I always thought Ryan Suter was the more polished dman between them...doesn't mean that Weber is awful, he's a very good dman.

But he's incredibly overrated, he's not the rock people like to portray him as.
Both are incredibly overrated right now.

Maybe Suter should play less minutes.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:25 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I think my mind will blow up after reading this post.......
My loyalties will always fall with the Habs over team Canada, and I am a proud Canadian. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:49 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
My loyalties will always fall with the Habs over team Canada, and I am a proud Canadian. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.
No you're not. If Team Canada isn't going with the best players, I won't be watching.

Habs are my religion but my favorite sport is football.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0976--nhl.html

Pk song kind of catchy hah

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Subban would be my first choice on that team. That being said, whenever I've seen Letang he seemed pretty solid to me. Maybe I need to watch him more but he doesn't come across as a soft player to me. Maybe he's changed his playing style since the injuries?
Letang is inept in his own zone and has no ability whatsoever to run a PP, which would be his primary role on Team Canada, I presume.

His only top end attribute is his skating and his ability to create plays on the rush. That's pretty much the only aspect of his game that I'd consider above Subban at this point.

But PK not being on TC is laughable. He's arguably the best defenseman available for the country. For me it's a toss up between him and Keith.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:54 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Are you shocked?

Which totally sucks. The dude is an elite dman and deserves to represent Canada in Sochi as much as anyone.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:55 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
me too.

My point was that I think some people seem to be so in love with PK that they cant see his faults and cant see any reasons why he might not be on the olympic team.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:57 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Letang is inept in his own zone and has no ability whatsoever to run a PP, which would be his primary role on Team Canada, I presume.

His only top end attribute is his skating and his ability to create plays on the rush. That's pretty much the only aspect of his game that I'd consider above Subban at this point.

But PK not being on TC is laughable. He's arguably the best defenseman available for the country. For me it's a toss up between him and Keith.

Neither does PK

Old
11-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
Neither does PK
What are you even talking about?

Old
11-22-2013, 10:00 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
What are you even talking about?

PK cannot run a PP. Or has not yet proven he can.....

Old
11-22-2013, 10:03 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist
Master Pleks

Quote:
Are you shocked?

Not shocked, I was on a thread about Phaneuf's chances at Sochi on the Leafs board and the ''sheltered minutes'' argument was driving me crazy. Things like ''Phaneuf should be there instead of Subban, who's playing sheltered minutes in Montreal...'' Now look at their ice-time ya fool!

Sorry, I had to post a little something here.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
PK cannot run a PP. Or has not yet proven he can.....
He was the leader in PPP last season, and he is this season too. Being the designated shooter rather than the set-up man doesn't mean you can't "run" a PP. PK is one of the deadliest player out there in these situations. Letang is often part of the reason the Pens' PP has been underwhelming considering the insane amount of talent they have on that team.

I don't really get what you're trying to prove here, other than sounding like a smartass.

Old
11-22-2013, 10:07 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
He was the leader in PPP last season, and he is this season too. Being the designated shooter rather than the set-up man doesn't mean you can't "run" a PP. PK is one of the deadliest player out there in these situations. Letang is often part of the reason the Pens' PP have been underwhelming considering the insane amount of talent they have on that team.

I don't really get what you're trying to prove here, other than sounding like a smartass.
Im not trying to prove anything, I just said PK isnt the QB, he is the trigger man. Markov is the QB.

PK has always played well for the Habs since coming up. But no one ever mentions that his play moved into elite status only once Markov came back.

Old
11-22-2013, 10:09 AM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk View Post
I'm listening to it and it's very catchy

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
Im not trying to prove anything, I just said PK isnt the QB, he is the trigger man. Markov is the QB.

PK has always played well for the Habs since coming up. But no one ever mentions that his play moved into elite status only once Markov came back.
Pk sets up plenty of plays, both at ES and on the PP. He's had more assists than Markov both last year and this year. He's the catalyst of our whole PP unit. Hence he's able to run a PP.

And if you're hinting that Markov is what "made" Subban... You're just being ridiculous. Markov is playing great this season, but wasn't even close to that level last year, yet PK won the Norris. His presence certainly doesn't hurt our PP, but replacing him with any other decent set-up man wouldn't turn this team inside out. Like I said, PK is the catalyst, not Markov.

Old
11-22-2013, 10:14 AM
ROSSter

YYYYY NOT PK hey hey

ROSSter is offline   Reply With Quote