HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr a Devil Part II: Still leads the team in scoring

View Poll Results: How many points does Jagr get in 2014-15?
40-50 Pts 12 11.01%
50-60 Pts 45 41.28%
60-70 Pts 40 36.70%
70 + Pts 12 11.01%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Ralgo

vCash: 500
http://www.sport.cz/hokej/nhl/clanek...68.html#hp-sez

In short - czech net magazine interview/ collection of what Jagr said lately - but most important - he confirms he wishes to stay in New Jersey next year. Reason is (surprise...) big Lou, who Jagr thinks the best team manager to work under. Like that Jags finds Lou most personable of them all.

Ralgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Just a great story. It showed up on my RSS feed and I thought I'd share: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...l_stewart.html
And likewise, the game hasn't been the same since Stewart left.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 02:49 PM
andre68

Will the Devils hold a pre-game ceremony tomorrow to honour Jagr's 700th goal?

A considerable amount of time has passed since the achievement, but teams usually do something in recognition of such a feat; would be a bit odd if the Devils did nothing.

andre68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 03:17 PM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre68 View Post
Will the Devils hold a pre-game ceremony tomorrow to honour Jagr's 700th goal?

A considerable amount of time has passed since the achievement, but teams usually do something in recognition of such a feat; would be a bit odd if the Devils did nothing.
of course not they don't know what to do re: Marty

Devils marketing sucks

NC107* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 03:20 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I'm fairly certain they acknowledged Jagr's 700th goal at the next home game during the first stoppage in play. What did you expect, a twenty-minute pregame ceremony for a round number?

It'd be hard for them to do anything with Marty tomorrow cause then they'd REALLY be acknowledging they don't want him back. It's not like he announced his retirement in advance a la Jeter. All they can do is play him and have the local broadcast interview him on the ice after the game.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 03:25 PM
andre68

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I'm fairly certain they acknowledged Jagr's 700th goal at the next home game during the first stoppage in play. What did you expect, a twenty-minute pregame ceremony for a round number?

It'd be hard for them to do anything with Marty tomorrow cause then they'd REALLY be acknowledging they don't want him back. It's not like he announced his retirement in advance a la Jeter. All they can do is play him and have the local broadcast interview him on the ice after the game (if we win).
Devils have presented framed jerseys, commissioned art works, and/or silver sticks for other round number achievements. Thought Jagr would be afforded something similar.

andre68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 03:27 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I suppose, but all those ceremonies were under a different ownership too.

Old
04-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Jagr was honored just like any other player has been honored for a personal statistic milestone while in a Devils uniform - on the jumbotron in between plays during the game or if it was away, at the next home game

The only times jerseys and paintings have been given were for 1000th games, for Doc, or for Marty's 552nd W where he received the silver stick (The exception being when Daneyko broke the franchise games played record, when he was given the jersey/painting)

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Jagr was honored just like any other player has been honored for a personal statistic milestone while in a Devils uniform - on the jumbotron in between plays during the game or if it was away, at the next home game

The only times jerseys and paintings have been given were for 1000th games, for Doc, or for Marty's 552nd W where he received the silver stick (The exception being when Daneyko broke the franchise games played record, when he was given the jersey/painting)
Ya I don't believe Elias was honored for any of his milestones to that extent or for breaking the franchise records.

If Jagr broke an all time record in a devils uniform he would get more of a presentation but not for just round numbers.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Wounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wounded View Post
I predict 21 goals and 67 points.
Sorry guys, I had to remind this post from November. Next time anyone wants to know Jagr's total points in the end of the season, just ask me.

Wounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2014, 12:31 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Haha, you should have predicted 68 points then It would have been hilarious to see him wind up with that number.

Old
05-25-2014, 09:10 PM
lukester

Jagr's last world Championships.

This was for sure the last one," Jagr said. "It's not that I would think I'm not good enough for it. But this is a different hockey than I play. My hockey doesn't fit this style."

He still lead his team in points with 8 points in 9 games. Could still play. It might be his last year in the NHL, but I hope not.

lukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 07:46 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

He just said his hockey doesn't fit "THIS STYLE" meaning he acknowledges that his game speed which he had when he was younger is long gone. Doesn't mean he's done after this year in the NHL.

He's obviously taking things on a year-to-year basis now.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 09:46 AM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
He just said his hockey doesn't fit "THIS STYLE" meaning he acknowledges that his game speed which he had when he was younger is long gone. Doesn't mean he's done after this year in the NHL.

And the Devils style fits into his style of hockey. Until we get a faster style of hockey I can see him here for a couple of years.

Old
05-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC107 View Post
And the Devils style fits into his style of hockey. Until we get a faster style of hockey I can see him here for a couple of years.
i wish we get any style of hockey next season. At times this year there was no style to be seen in devils' game.

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2014, 10:24 AM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Brycey Poo View Post
i wish we get any style of hockey next season. At times this year there was no style to be seen in devils' game.
Then maybe he will play with the Devils until he is 50. Seriously when Elias, Zubrus, Volchenkov and Salvador leave, I think Jagr will go, two more years, assuming he remains healthy. The devils will have speed by then or be the bottom of the pack.

Old
05-26-2014, 08:09 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post

Him saying the bigger ice doesn't fit his style has nothing to do with his speed.

If you actually read what Jagr said, he said the younger Czech players that he played with don't cycle the puck. He's not Pavel Bure out there but he looked pretty darn fast and quick for a 42 year old 6'3" 230 lbs guy.

The bigger ice surface means basically there is very little cycling, the puck is moving slower since it has more distance to go and you can see it on powerplays they have a hard time making passes around the boards.

Jagr can still use the motors when he needs to as we saw that in some games but his game is not predicated on speed anymore but rather passing, cycling and controlling the puck. In fact his game hasn't been predicated on speed since his Penguins days. He was in fact slower and heavier in New York than he is now.

He actually looked better in the 2014 Olympics and World Championships than he has at any point internationally outside of 2005 and 1998.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2014, 05:12 PM
lukester

I had to add these GIFs. They are awesome. Never seen Jagr this mad.

and this....

Their was also a moment this season when Elias had a emotional outburst this season. Forgot against who it was.

Old
05-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
Him saying the bigger ice doesn't fit his style has nothing to do with his speed.

If you actually read what Jagr said, he said the younger Czech players that he played with don't cycle the puck. He's not Pavel Bure out there but he looked pretty darn fast and quick for a 42 year old 6'3" 230 lbs guy.

The bigger ice surface means basically there is very little cycling, the puck is moving slower since it has more distance to go and you can see it on powerplays they have a hard time making passes around the boards.

Jagr can still use the motors when he needs to as we saw that in some games but his game is not predicated on speed anymore but rather passing, cycling and controlling the puck. In fact his game hasn't been predicated on speed since his Penguins days. He was in fact slower and heavier in New York than he is now.

He actually looked better in the 2014 Olympics and World Championships than he has at any point internationally outside of 2005 and 1998.
Ya he is talking about the bigger ice. It is a different kind of game, and there are more then a few good NHL players that have trouble with it, and vice versa too.

Those gifs are awesome. Im happy Jagr is back.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2014, 05:24 PM
livewell68

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...e-says-deboer/

Quote:
“His whole focus is on having another really great NHL season and hunting down a few more records,” DeBoer said. “And hopefully leading our team into the playoffs.”

Old
07-23-2014, 04:47 PM
livewell68

Anyone that can speak Czech, if they could translate this for us?

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-...-vycistim.html

He looks like a freak of nature for a 42 year old.

Old
07-23-2014, 06:22 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that pic was photoshopped(Jagr's head) from that avy that jackedDevil(or however his name was spelled) used when he was around. Hmmm......

Old
07-24-2014, 05:26 AM
slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
Anyone that can speak Czech, if they could translate this for us?

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-...-vycistim.html

He looks like a freak of nature for a 42 year old.
I will ask my Girlfriend, she can translate it when she has some freetime...

slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 09:29 AM
lukester

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
I will ask my Girlfriend, she can translate it when she has some freetime...
Czech Girls are super attractive! I bet yours is too. I think Jagr was into weight training around the beginning of his thirties. Remember reading that somewhere.

Old
07-24-2014, 02:44 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

That arm of his is just way too big to be real. Yet it is apparently.