HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't ?

Old
05-16-2014, 09:05 PM
SgtJoseph*

vCash: 500
Damned if you do, Damned if you don't ?

Danny Briere gets sent packing and along with him his playoff scoring prowess . We lose in a close game 7 against the Rangers and Montreal wins a game 7 with Danny Briere playing a big role in their win..........Hockey is a CRAZY game and at times there seems to be no right or wrong decision....One could say we may not of even made the playoffs if Briere stayed here ? Then one could say if we had Danny we just might have beat the Rangers ?..................Such is Hockey . Having said that i am happy for the lad .

SgtJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 09:08 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

The right decision was made to buy him out. But then of course they go and sign Vinny...

ILoveStephanieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Oh God What's This

Yeah, unfortunately that contract couldn't stay.

05-16-2014, 09:14 PM
SgtJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, unfortunately that contract couldn't stay.
I agree ! Pro Hockey is a Business which is the overall factor in making decisions when its all said and done.........

SgtJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP92 View Post
The right decision was made to buy him out. But then of course they go and sign Vinny...
It's easy to knock the Vinny signing in retrospect, but it wasn't a bad move at the time.

Norm MacDonald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
It's easy to knock the Vinny signing in retrospect, but it wasn't a bad move at the time.
Yeah, I thought it was a damn good move, he looked great in Tampa the year before. Obviously not vintage Vincenzo, but nonetheless.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 05:40 PM
joez86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, I thought it was a damn good move, he looked great in Tampa the year before. Obviously not vintage Vincenzo, but nonetheless.
He looked good here, as well. I am interested to see how he looks after some time to fully heal up after that back injury, though I also wouldn't care too much if he got moved before having that chance.

joez86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix View Post
He looked good here, as well. I am interested to see how he looks after some time to fully heal up after that back injury, though I also wouldn't care too much if he got moved before having that chance.
I don't know, he put up a decent, though subpar, amount of points, but didn't really look all that good. Whether that was due to him being misused or just due to his bad play, I can't really tell. He had some good moments, but then the rest was kind of lukewarm and sometimes quite bad, as well. Personally, I wouldn't trade him, because I like the guy and am still hopeful he improves on his play. But if we don't trade him now and he has a similar year, then his value will drop immensely and won't be as good of a bait than he is now. Now everyone is still hopeful he will bounce back, but if he has two lukewarm years, I don't think there will be many left of that opinion.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Snipsnap12

I don't know if it was his back but vinny just seems slow, his lack of speed this year really hampered him creating anything on his own.

I don't remember him being that slow in Tampa?

He can still rip the puck and probably has the best pure shot on the team, so hopefully he can get a jump back

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 11:41 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipsnap12 View Post
I don't know if it was his back but vinny just seems slow, his lack of speed this year really hampered him creating anything on his own.

I don't remember him being that slow in Tampa?

He can still rip the puck and probably has the best pure shot on the team, so hopefully he can get a jump back
Its definitely his back...you can see it when Vinny tries to jump in the play there is hesitation in his movement which are sure signs of an ailing back. Hopefully he gets some medical help and gets it corrected.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote