HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

vCash: 500
The Bulls know they're not going anywhere this year without Rose and are just trying to get below the tax line.

They waived Bynum immediately.

Old
01-08-2014, 06:37 PM
flyersguy33*

Sixers sign agreement with online poker site. Not too sure on the details

Old
01-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
In addition to Ryan Anderson being out Jrue Holiday is out indefinitely with a stress fracture in his tibia. Sucks for them but the Sixers second lottery pick is looking great.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Hiesenberg

Pelicans sit 14th (would become Sixers pick)

Sixers sit 5th

Old
01-10-2014, 11:24 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post

Sixers sit 5th
Not a big bball guy. I tried to get into this year but that failed. Let's say things remain the way they are, Sixers have 5th and 14th pick. Any chance they trade them both (plus maybe something else...no idea of bball value) for one of the top picks to get a superstar?

Old
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post

Sixers sit 5th
Pelicans would have the 11th or 12th pick depending on the tie breaker as of right now. Teams from the east will have a worse record than the pelicans but they will be in the playoffs.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not a big bball guy. I tried to get into this year but that failed. Let's say things remain the way they are, Sixers have 5th and 14th pick. Any chance they trade them both (plus maybe something else...no idea of bball value) for one of the top picks to get a superstar?
I don't know. However, I've heard that the 2 picks for 1 in the NBA doesn't work, because basically all your doing is guaranteeing more salary for the team that receives the two picks.

From everything I've read or heard is the Sixers want to be in the Top 3. The Pelicans pick is not valued much because if its Top 5 they don't get it (I think).

Old
01-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Trades involving the top picks are extremely rare. The only one I can think of is the Webber trade from 1993.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:49 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

They need to trade Thad and Hawed immediately. You could probably get a 1st for Thad. Not sure about hawes.

Thad is almost single handedly ruining the tank, and I don't see him fitting into the teams long term plans.

I've heard rumors of turner maybe being traded. I think that would be dumb. He looks like he may be starting to put it together under Brown, and a core of Parker or Wiggins (hypothetically), MCW, Noel and Turner could be a recipe for success.

Old
01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Not really. As it stands right now, assuming the top guys come out, the top 5 is pretty talented, but there isn't a clear cut guy yet. Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Exum, Smart. That's really solid. A lot can change though and if some of those guys decide not to come out then that changes things. But if the draft were today, I wouldn't package the picks.

Old
01-10-2014, 12:15 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
They need to trade Thad and Hawed immediately. You could probably get a 1st for Thad. Not sure about hawes.

Thad is almost single handedly ruining the tank, and I don't see him fitting into the teams long term plans.

I've heard rumors of turner maybe being traded. I think that would be dumb. He looks like he may be starting to put it together under Brown, and a core of Parker or Wiggins (hypothetically), MCW, Noel and Turner could be a recipe for success.
Turner goes against everything Hinkie values in a player. I can't see him being a long term piece.

Old
01-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Any team with a top 3 pick this year is not gonna trade down. Guaranteed.

Old
01-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:

I also agree with this, other than keeping Evan Turner. It's pretty obvious Hinkie and staff value athleticism, while ET is not a great athlete at all. Plus I personally can't stand watching him play.

A trade needs to be made if we wanna increase our chances in getting a top 3 pick. Mediocrity has plagued this franchise for a decade now and hopefully the new regime gets us outta that.

Also Thad fits the mold way better than Evan turner does. I think they will both be gone though... hopefully.

Old
01-10-2014, 08:21 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

lol at Mo Cheeks chatting up Sixers fans in the first row.

Old
01-10-2014, 08:46 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
I also agree with this, other than keeping Evan Turner. It's pretty obvious Hinkie and staff value athleticism, while ET is not a great athlete at all. Plus I personally can't stand watching him play.

A trade needs to be made if we wanna increase our chances in getting a top 3 pick. Mediocrity has plagued this franchise for a decade now and hopefully the new regime gets us outta that.

Also Thad fits the mold way better than Evan turner does. I think they will both be gone though... hopefully.
Ok so say they turn to trading young, turner and hawes. What do you suppose they could get for each of them?

Old
01-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Ok so say they turn to trading young, turner and hawes. What do you suppose they could get for each of them?
As you know, most of us fans over-value our players. So I'll do my best to be objective.

Thad should be able to at least fetch a first round pick.

I can't see Evan Turner fetching much, if anything at all besides expiring contracts perhaps. He's not signed for next season, so unless there was some type of sign and trade that's why I say may not be able to get much.

Hawes is the only one I'm not sure about, he would be great for a contending team like OKC for example.

A proposed trade I like is Hawes and Young for OKC's first, Lamb, and Perkins (to take his crappy contract).

The sixers are still a bad team, but they are well coached. Which doesn't guarantee a top 3 pick unless we trade 1 of those players, AT LEAST.

Old
01-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
As you know, most of us fans over-value our players. So I'll do my best to be objective.

Thad should be able to at least fetch a first round pick.

I can't see Evan Turner fetching much, if anything at all besides expiring contracts perhaps. He's not signed for next season, so unless there was some type of sign and trade that's why I say may not be able to get much.

Hawes is the only one I'm not sure about, he would be great for a contending team like OKC for example.

A proposed trade I like is Hawes and Young for OKC's first, Lamb, and Perkins (to take his crappy contract).

The sixers are still a bad team, but they are well coached. Which doesn't guarantee a top 3 pick unless we trade 1 of those players, AT LEAST.
I would love Lamb too but OKC is playing 0.750 ball so there's no reason for them to change their team. I think a more realistic trading partner would be Phoenix (they have extra firsts to offer) or Charlotte (Kidd-Gilchrist).

Old
01-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I would love Lamb too but OKC is playing 0.750 ball so there's no reason for them to change their team. I think a more realistic trading partner would be Phoenix (they have extra firsts to offer) or Charlotte (Kidd-Gilchrist).
I like those offers too, MKG has been pretty bad offensively but maybe Brett Brown and company could help.

While OKC is playing good, KD is literally carrying them on his back. Spence and Thad could push them that much further into contending. But I do see your point on OKC's mindset of not trading anyone when they are already playing good basketball.

Old
01-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Nerlens Noel medically cleared today.

Do you guys want to see him play ASAP, or sit out the year and continue to put on weight and work with Brett Brown?

Old
01-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Nerlens Noel medically cleared today.

Do you guys want to see him play ASAP, or sit out the year and continue to put on weight and work with Brett Brown?
Sit Noel the entire year and give Moultrie more minutes when he's back soon.

Old
01-15-2014, 06:33 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I agree. Work him in during summer league. ACLs don't take as long to recover from as they used to, but this is a seven foot (6'11) human being. Their bodies are obviously different than the normal person.

I read that he could play in 4-6 weeks.

Old
01-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
While I agree, I'm an impatient person by nature and would really like to see him play some games in the NBA this year... while hoping it wouldn't hurt the tank.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:03 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Really don't like the NBA, but looking at the possibility of getting Wiggins or Parker to add to this team could be pretty ridiculous.

PG-MCW
SG-Wiggins
SF-Turner
PF-??? (maybe use that Pelicans pick to get someone?)
C-Noel

Is that the proper positions? I really know very little about the NBA. Trying to get into it but it just won't stick. If there was more excitement surrounding the team that could change, and this looks like a team (at least on paper) that could be pretty impressive for a good long stretch.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:22 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Really don't like the NBA, but looking at the possibility of getting Wiggins or Parker to add to this team could be pretty ridiculous.

PG-MCW
SG-Wiggins
SF-Turner
PF-??? (maybe use that Pelicans pick to get someone?)
C-Noel

Is that the proper positions? I really know very little about the NBA. Trying to get into it but it just won't stick. If there was more excitement surrounding the team that could change, and this looks like a team (at least on paper) that could be pretty impressive for a good long stretch.
Very doubtful Turner is back next year. If anyone is coming back out of the "Big 3" it's Thad Young.

Can't believe how bad Milwaukee is. They have some decent players too.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:28 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Very doubtful Turner is back next year. If anyone is coming back out of the "Big 3" it's Thad Young.

Can't believe how bad Milwaukee is. They have some decent players too.
Really? I thought Turner was supposed to be a good player? Either way, I think the only way I get into these guys is if Wiggins is here next year.

Closed Thread