HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Opening Night lineup?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 07:34 AM
russ4king

vCash: 500
Opening Night lineup?

Well as things seem to be boiling down, here is what I propose could be a realistic starting lineup.

Forwards

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Niewendyk-Tucker
Green-Reichel-Renberg
Fitzgerald-Stajan-Domi

Spares: Belak,Ponikarovsky

Defense

Kaberle-McCabe
Berg-Klee
Marchment-Jackman

Spare: Pushor

Goal

Belfour
Tellqvist

Kidd (injured)

Personally I would rather see Perrott with the big club instead of Ponikoarovsky simply because I think that Nathan has outplayed him. But I am not sure if Quinn will want to carry that much grit. Domi, Belak, Perrott, and to a lesser extent Marcment seems like we might be spending a little too much time in the box. But we'll see how it plays out in the next few weeks.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:48 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king
Well as things seem to be boiling down, here is what I propose could be a realistic starting lineup.

Forwards

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Niewendyk-Tucker
Green-Reichel-Renberg
Fitzgerald-Stajan-Domi

Spares: Belak,Ponikarovsky

Defense

Kaberle-McCabe
Berg-Klee
Marchment-Jackman

Spare: Pushor

Goal

Belfour
Tellqvist

Kidd (injured)

Personally I would rather see Perrott with the big club instead of Ponikoarovsky simply because I think that Nathan has outplayed him. But I am not sure if Quinn will want to carry that much grit. Domi, Belak, Perrott, and to a lesser extent Marcment seems like we might be spending a little too much time in the box. But we'll see how it plays out in the next few weeks.

Don't you think Owen Nolan should make the Team???

Old
09-29-2003, 07:51 AM
russ4king

OOOpps!

Duh! Sorry, I am not sure how I missed him.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:10 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

hehehe

put nolan on the 4th line somewhere

Old
09-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
3 balanced very good lines please

Renberg-Sundin-Mogilny
Tucker-Antropov-Nolan
Roberts-Nieuwy- Reichel
Fitzy-Green-Domi

Old
09-29-2003, 09:29 AM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
3 balanced very good lines please

Renberg-Sundin-Mogilny
Tucker-Antropov-Nolan
Roberts-Nieuwy- Reichel
Fitzy-Green-Domi
Roberts and Reichel on one line - no thanks. Tucker/Reichel/Domi had some decent chemistry in the playoffs, I'd keep that together.

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Nolan
Tucker-Reichel-Domi
Renberg-Green-Ponikarovsky

Roll 'em!

Scratch: Fitzgerald

(assuming Stajan doesn't stick...if he does, you'd have to play him, although Quinn kept Colaiacovo around last year on the bench so who knows.)

Old
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
(assuming Stajan doesn't stick...if he does, you'd have to play him, although Quinn kept Colaiacovo around last year on the bench so who knows.)
The reason Colaiacovo was kept around was because once Quinn sent him back to Junior, he was there for good. Quinn wanted to keep him around until he was sure where Carlo might fit in. When he realized Carlo wasn't going to play, he sent him back.

We wouldn't see the same situation with Stajan because he can go up and down from St. John's.

I think it's pointless to start projecting possible line combinations because we all know Quinn's gonna switch them around every other game.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
The reason Colaiacovo was kept around was because once Quinn sent him back to Junior, he was there for good. Quinn wanted to keep him around until he was sure where Carlo might fit in. When he realized Carlo wasn't going to play, he sent him back.

We wouldn't see the same situation with Stajan because he can go up and down from St. John's.

I think it's pointless to start projecting possible line combinations because we all know Quinn's gonna switch them around every other game.

Quinn is going to switch them every game because his old dinosaurs will be hurt or tired and not be able to play 82 game schedules...

Thats why...

Old
09-29-2003, 09:50 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Quinn is going to switch them every game because his old dinosaurs will be hurt or tired and not be able to play 82 game schedules...

Thats why...
There will be injuries i'm sure but i doubt any of them will be switched around because they're tired.We're not talking about 60-70 year olds.The only time would be the last few games before the playoffs if we were in a situation where we could move neither up or down in the standings.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:00 AM
caber24

Renberg-Sundin-Nolan
Tucker-Antropov-Mogilny
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Green
Fitzgerald-Reichel-Domi

Kaberle-Klee
McCabe-Jackman
Marchment-Kondratiev

Belfour
Tellqvist

Old
09-29-2003, 10:03 AM
loveshack2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
Roberts and Reichel on one line - no thanks. Tucker/Reichel/Domi had some decent chemistry in the playoffs, I'd keep that together.

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Nolan
Tucker-Reichel-Domi
Renberg-Green-Ponikarovsky

Roll 'em!
Completely agree. You might see Ponikarovsky sent down though as he's not exactly impressing in camp from what I hear. If he goes does then Fitzgerald or Belak will take his place. Stajan will spend the year on the Rock. IMHO he's still behind Poni and depending on how Ferguson sees it he may be behind Holden on the depth chart as well.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
There will be injuries i'm sure but i doubt any of them will be switched around because they're tired.We're not talking about 60-70 year olds.The only time would be the last few games before the playoffs if we were in a situation where we could move neither up or down in the standings.
Yah I know but I just felt my making the point that this is oldest team in the NHL with a long track record or injuries and it will be a complete miracle if they hold up over a long season...

Look at the leafs recent Playoff history and injuries and see what I am talking about...

Old
09-29-2003, 10:51 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Roberts and Reichel on one line - no thanks.
yeah they sure did horrible in calgary........

Closed Thread