HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League 2013/14 Part Deux

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2013, 08:17 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I wish players gave Kopitar that much room.
Great players make room.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:50 AM
jml87

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 3h
Giroux needs to be a better captain, snubs media after another #Flyers loss http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...yers-loss.html via @phillydotcom

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 3h
When team captain fails to address media after lengthy team meeting and walks out leaving others to face music that is a problem

Ah, the Flyers. The entertainment never stops.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Are all Flyers reporters professional arseholes?

Old
11-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

SJ has lost 4 straight (2 regulation losses) We were the first one to start the slide for them. Feels good

Old
11-08-2013, 09:20 AM
deeshamrock

Panthers fired Dineen and the whole coaching staff. They already talked to Laviolette earlier this week, I guess he'll be headed south maybe.

Last edited by deeshamrock: 11-08-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old
11-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 3h
Giroux needs to be a better captain, snubs media after another #Flyers loss http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...yers-loss.html via @phillydotcom

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 3h
When team captain fails to address media after lengthy team meeting and walks out leaving others to face music that is a problem

Ah, the Flyers. The entertainment never stops.
That is just horrible to read. I don't care much for either the team or player but that is totally unacceptable.

Shouldn't Flyers management step in and tell reporters to piss off? These are the moments when a team supports its' players.

Old
11-08-2013, 10:24 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
That is just horrible to read. I don't care much for either the team or player but that is totally unacceptable.

Shouldn't Flyers management step in and tell reporters to piss off? These are the moments when a team supports its' players.

Can't see that happeneing. Historically, they've never done that and someone in that front office is the 'unnamed source close to the situation' on alot of the rumors/invented stuff. SNider himself sometimes leaks info to a couple of those media guys who then use him as the 'source close to the situation' One of them predicted the Richards trade the week after the 2011 season ended and actually did say it came from Snider, and he turned out to be right.

Old
11-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Trolfoli

Quote:

I hope not... we need up to the second reporting on the train wreck this is Philly.

Old
11-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Can't see that happeneing. Historically, they've never done that and someone in that front office is the 'unnamed source close to the situation' on alot of the rumors/invented stuff. SNider himself sometimes leaks info to a couple of those media guys who then use him as the 'source close to the situation' One of them predicted the Richards trade the week after the 2011 season ended and actually did say it came from Snider, and he turned out to be right.
That's pretty bad. As a player I would make greater efforts for a team if I felt the team gave me 100% support. If I know the GM has my back I would do anything to have his back.

I understand you use the media for leaks and such but in order to do that you don't need to allow them to behave however they like towards the players. A pretty simple balancing act as far as I'm concerned and completely unprofessional behaviour from management. A team is not just the players. It's the whole franchise.

I think fans have the right to demand effort and performance from their players. Fans spend money on a product they cheer for. But a journalist, making money of the team, should not behave like fans.

I would have little desire to actually give a crap about the team, and just collect my paycheck, if I knew the management weren't team players either. Total poison going on there it seems.

Perhaps Giroux can be the replacement for Williams in a couple of years. (Semi-serious)

As much entertainment this gong show provides for the outsiders, I wish no fans this treatment. I hope Hextall takes over and allows no **** like this against his players. Assuming he wants the job that is.

Old
11-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 28m

Told today Flyers are talking with EDM about Eberle

Old
11-08-2013, 11:45 AM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
I hope not... we need up to the second reporting on the train wreck this is Philly.
Train wreck could be putting it mildly. They looked okay right after they jettisoned Carter and Richards, but then lost Pronger, Jagr and JVR and just started a monster slide down.

Giroux definitely doesn't look like a leader to me. Richards? The epitomy of a leader.

I'm confident that the Kings have enough leadership to right the ship when things get a little out of sorts. Also, Quick is such a competitor and won't allow himself to have 2 bad games in a row.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Too much editorialism in every column in the Philly media. I feel bad for those players. You would think at some point the org would step in, but they do that for all Philly sports. JUst part of the culture, I guess--entitled arse reporters picking at every possible scab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post

Two teams with questionable defense (and in Edmonton's case goaltending) discussing forwards? You don't say!

Old
11-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post

God neither of these teams gets it.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
onlyalad

Kings are in 9th right now on pace to 102 points
Who above them is going to fall? Who can they catch. A lot of teams in the West are winning a lot of games. Something has to give. 1/5 the way through the season and no one is losing.
I think the Ducks/ Sharks and Avs will fall back towards the pack. The reason I ask is becuase by Thanksgiving each year most teams in a playoff spot then are in one at the end of the year.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Darren Dreger shot down that Eberle rumor. The Oilers said that Eberle will be an Oiler for a very long time. Once again, Tim Panaccio is full of ****.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Darren Dreger shot down that Eberle rumor. The Oilers said that Eberle will be an Oiler for a very long time. Once again, Tim Panaccio is full of ****.
Panaccio is the definition of pot stirrer.

11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Kings are in 9th right now on pace to 102 points
Who above them is going to fall? Who can they catch. A lot of teams in the West are winning a lot of games. Something has to give. 1/5 the way through the season and no one is losing.
I think the Ducks/ Sharks and Avs will fall back towards the pack. The reason I ask is becuase by Thanksgiving each year most teams in a playoff spot then are in one at the end of the year.
We're only 2-4 points behind most teams in playoff position, and we have games in hand on a few of them. It's completely reasonable for us to jump up a few spots before Thanksgiving. I think Colorado is going to fall back down to earth hard. I just don't see any way for them to keep this up. But I'd say Phoenix or Minnesota will drop out of the top 8 before Thanksgiving.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

Two teams with questionable defense (and in Edmonton's case goaltending) discussing forwards? You don't say!
FLyers just don't get it. They have overvalued forwards ,esp centers, for years. Unti l2012 draft, the last time they took a defenseman in the 1st round was Jimmy Watson in the early 70's.
And without a #1 D, which the motley crew they have is a 3,4 pairing, they won't get anywhere
So if you're going to trade some of your assets, trade for a top defensemen. They have balked for 2 years at the asking price for Yandle (young center coming back) and Weber before he signed.
I'll bet when they do pull the trigger , it will be for another forward.

They'll justify it by saying 'we need scoring'. What they need is for Ed Snider to retire to Palm Springs and stay there.
He can't see the problem because he is the problem.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
jml87

Quote:

Hahaha, step in? We aren't even anywhere close to what they put Richards through when he was captain.

Laviolette building trust with Richards aka Richards is moody and withdrawn

Richards and Carter's Partying Ways led to Departure?

Also the author of the above article said this on the radio:
"I'm not suggesting that these guys were abusing pills or anything of that nature, but the teammates were saying that they were drinking while they were being prescribed pills. So, it seemed like there was some concern on behalf of the players and also the organization about having these guys around."

Richards confrontation with Sam Carchidi

Which led to this article:
Captain Whine Rips the Media <--- original title of the article

Not to mention the rumors accusing Jeff Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife and Richards and Carter coming to games drunk.

Lol, Giroux hasn't even touched the tip of the iceberg with these guys.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Seems to be the week of highlight reel goals. Duchene, Datsyuk, and now Benn.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Hahaha, step in? We aren't even anywhere close to what they put Richards through when he was captain.

"I'm not suggesting that these guys were abusing pills or anything of that nature, but the teammates were saying that they were drinking while they were being prescribed pills. So, it seemed like there was some concern on behalf of the players and also the organization about having these guys around."

Not to mention the rumors accusing Jeff Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife and Richards and Carter coming to games drunk.

I bet Richards and Carter are thankful that they don't have to deal with the circus and **** show in Philly any longer and can concentrate on hockey in LA. Thank God we don't have reporters discussing players' personal lives and what they do off the ice and scrutinizing everything they do away from the rink. Philly reporters are obnoxious sycophants.

Old
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:

Thanks for the links. So what's the deal? Why would a few "journalists" stir all this ****? To get internet hits or for attention?

Does management let this happen because it fits their agenda?

Old
11-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I bet Richards and Carter are thankful that they don't have to deal with the circus and **** show in Philly any longer and can concentrate on hockey in LA. Thank God we don't have reporters discussing players' personal lives and what they do off the ice and scrutinizing everything they do away from the rink. Philly reporters are obnoxious sycophants.
My thoughts exactly.

Old
11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
takk

I remember some Vinny threads from preseason. Oh boy, was "Homer" the wizard and you would think that 13-14 Philly team would be some sort of a second coming of 90's Wings or 70's Habs. What happened to dat offence man..

By the way that articles are truly disgusting. I guess what Flyers need is a culture change, the situation over there is getting more pathetic than just funny.

Old
11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
jml87

Quote:
Thanks for the links. So what's the deal? Why would a few "journalists" stir all this ****? To get internet hits or for attention?

Does management let this happen because it fits their agenda?
I'd say it's cause the journalists think they are the most important people on the planet. Like they are bringing the fans this incredible information. They are constantly trying to find someone to blame for bad play. Then if that person bad mouths them, they beat them over the head with their ******** articles until fans and management believe it's true.

And management is just a mess. Snider is too involved and he believes these guys when they say such and such is a cancer, or isn't taking hockey seriously enough. The fact that Richards went through all of that as captain and still made it to the SCF shows that he has the mental fortitude of a ten men. But Snider wanted the young 'partiers' out cause of what these morons said. Something a majority of fans still believe is true despite great results on the ice.

It's always been like this but it's gotten really bad the past ten years with this influx of beat writers who consider themselves God's gift to journalism. The truth is there was no scapegoat or problem and they've completely dissected their team for no reason and now they are paying for it.

Closed Thread