HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League 2013/14 Part Deux

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2013, 08:17 PM
  #251
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I wish players gave Kopitar that much room.
Great players make room.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 12:50 AM
  #252
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 3h
Giroux needs to be a better captain, snubs media after another #Flyers loss http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...yers-loss.html via @phillydotcom

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 3h
When team captain fails to address media after lengthy team meeting and walks out leaving others to face music that is a problem

Ah, the Flyers. The entertainment never stops.

jml87 is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 12:57 AM
  #253
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,242
vCash: 500
Are all Flyers reporters professional arseholes?

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 07:35 AM
  #254
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!
 
Scrivezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 2,224
vCash: 500
SJ has lost 4 straight (2 regulation losses) We were the first one to start the slide for them. Feels good

Scrivezina is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  #255
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
Panthers fired Dineen and the whole coaching staff. They already talked to Laviolette earlier this week, I guess he'll be headed south maybe.


Last edited by deeshamrock: 11-08-2013 at 09:35 AM.
deeshamrock is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 09:48 AM
  #256
Lead Role in a Cage
Registered User
 
Lead Role in a Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 3h
Giroux needs to be a better captain, snubs media after another #Flyers loss http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...yers-loss.html via @phillydotcom

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 3h
When team captain fails to address media after lengthy team meeting and walks out leaving others to face music that is a problem

Ah, the Flyers. The entertainment never stops.
That is just horrible to read. I don't care much for either the team or player but that is totally unacceptable.

Shouldn't Flyers management step in and tell reporters to piss off? These are the moments when a team supports its' players.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 10:24 AM
  #257
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
That is just horrible to read. I don't care much for either the team or player but that is totally unacceptable.

Shouldn't Flyers management step in and tell reporters to piss off? These are the moments when a team supports its' players.

Can't see that happeneing. Historically, they've never done that and someone in that front office is the 'unnamed source close to the situation' on alot of the rumors/invented stuff. SNider himself sometimes leaks info to a couple of those media guys who then use him as the 'source close to the situation' One of them predicted the Richards trade the week after the 2011 season ended and actually did say it came from Snider, and he turned out to be right.

deeshamrock is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 10:45 AM
  #258
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
That is just horrible to read. I don't care much for either the team or player but that is totally unacceptable.

Shouldn't Flyers management step in and tell reporters to piss off? These are the moments when a team supports its' players.
I hope not... we need up to the second reporting on the train wreck this is Philly.

Trolfoli is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:26 AM
  #259
Lead Role in a Cage
Registered User
 
Lead Role in a Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Can't see that happeneing. Historically, they've never done that and someone in that front office is the 'unnamed source close to the situation' on alot of the rumors/invented stuff. SNider himself sometimes leaks info to a couple of those media guys who then use him as the 'source close to the situation' One of them predicted the Richards trade the week after the 2011 season ended and actually did say it came from Snider, and he turned out to be right.
That's pretty bad. As a player I would make greater efforts for a team if I felt the team gave me 100% support. If I know the GM has my back I would do anything to have his back.

I understand you use the media for leaks and such but in order to do that you don't need to allow them to behave however they like towards the players. A pretty simple balancing act as far as I'm concerned and completely unprofessional behaviour from management. A team is not just the players. It's the whole franchise.

I think fans have the right to demand effort and performance from their players. Fans spend money on a product they cheer for. But a journalist, making money of the team, should not behave like fans.

I would have little desire to actually give a crap about the team, and just collect my paycheck, if I knew the management weren't team players either. Total poison going on there it seems.

Perhaps Giroux can be the replacement for Williams in a couple of years. (Semi-serious)

As much entertainment this gong show provides for the outsiders, I wish no fans this treatment. I hope Hextall takes over and allows no **** like this against his players. Assuming he wants the job that is.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:41 AM
  #260
Ewan McGregor
Registered User
 
Ewan McGregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 622
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 28m

Told today Flyers are talking with EDM about Eberle

Ewan McGregor is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 11:45 AM
  #261
bmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
I hope not... we need up to the second reporting on the train wreck this is Philly.
Train wreck could be putting it mildly. They looked okay right after they jettisoned Carter and Richards, but then lost Pronger, Jagr and JVR and just started a monster slide down.

Giroux definitely doesn't look like a leader to me. Richards? The epitomy of a leader.

I'm confident that the Kings have enough leadership to right the ship when things get a little out of sorts. Also, Quick is such a competitor and won't allow himself to have 2 bad games in a row.

bmr is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 12:32 PM
  #262
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,272
vCash: 250
Too much editorialism in every column in the Philly media. I feel bad for those players. You would think at some point the org would step in, but they do that for all Philly sports. JUst part of the culture, I guess--entitled arse reporters picking at every possible scab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 28m

Told today Flyers are talking with EDM about Eberle
Two teams with questionable defense (and in Edmonton's case goaltending) discussing forwards? You don't say!

Brad Doty is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 12:50 PM
  #263
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 28m

Told today Flyers are talking with EDM about Eberle
God neither of these teams gets it.

Richie10 is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
  #264
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Kings are in 9th right now on pace to 102 points
Who above them is going to fall? Who can they catch. A lot of teams in the West are winning a lot of games. Something has to give. 1/5 the way through the season and no one is losing.
I think the Ducks/ Sharks and Avs will fall back towards the pack. The reason I ask is becuase by Thanksgiving each year most teams in a playoff spot then are in one at the end of the year.

onlyalad is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 01:28 PM
  #265
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,242
vCash: 500
Darren Dreger shot down that Eberle rumor. The Oilers said that Eberle will be an Oiler for a very long time. Once again, Tim Panaccio is full of ****.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 01:36 PM
  #266
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Darren Dreger shot down that Eberle rumor. The Oilers said that Eberle will be an Oiler for a very long time. Once again, Tim Panaccio is full of ****.
Panaccio is the definition of pot stirrer.

__________________
Follow me on twitter and check out my other writings on the Kings at HockeyBuzz!
Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
  #267
Vic Vinegar
Registered User
 
Vic Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Kings are in 9th right now on pace to 102 points
Who above them is going to fall? Who can they catch. A lot of teams in the West are winning a lot of games. Something has to give. 1/5 the way through the season and no one is losing.
I think the Ducks/ Sharks and Avs will fall back towards the pack. The reason I ask is becuase by Thanksgiving each year most teams in a playoff spot then are in one at the end of the year.
We're only 2-4 points behind most teams in playoff position, and we have games in hand on a few of them. It's completely reasonable for us to jump up a few spots before Thanksgiving. I think Colorado is going to fall back down to earth hard. I just don't see any way for them to keep this up. But I'd say Phoenix or Minnesota will drop out of the top 8 before Thanksgiving.

Vic Vinegar is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
  #268
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

Two teams with questionable defense (and in Edmonton's case goaltending) discussing forwards? You don't say!
FLyers just don't get it. They have overvalued forwards ,esp centers, for years. Unti l2012 draft, the last time they took a defenseman in the 1st round was Jimmy Watson in the early 70's.
And without a #1 D, which the motley crew they have is a 3,4 pairing, they won't get anywhere
So if you're going to trade some of your assets, trade for a top defensemen. They have balked for 2 years at the asking price for Yandle (young center coming back) and Weber before he signed.
I'll bet when they do pull the trigger , it will be for another forward.

They'll justify it by saying 'we need scoring'. What they need is for Ed Snider to retire to Palm Springs and stay there.
He can't see the problem because he is the problem.

deeshamrock is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
  #269
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
That is just horrible to read. I don't care much for either the team or player but that is totally unacceptable.

Shouldn't Flyers management step in and tell reporters to piss off? These are the moments when a team supports its' players.
Hahaha, step in? We aren't even anywhere close to what they put Richards through when he was captain.

Laviolette building trust with Richards aka Richards is moody and withdrawn

Richards and Carter's Partying Ways led to Departure?

Also the author of the above article said this on the radio:
"I'm not suggesting that these guys were abusing pills or anything of that nature, but the teammates were saying that they were drinking while they were being prescribed pills. So, it seemed like there was some concern on behalf of the players and also the organization about having these guys around."


Richards confrontation with Sam Carchidi

Which led to this article:
Captain Whine Rips the Media <--- original title of the article

Not to mention the rumors accusing Jeff Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife and Richards and Carter coming to games drunk.

Lol, Giroux hasn't even touched the tip of the iceberg with these guys.

jml87 is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 01:49 PM
  #270
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,301
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Seems to be the week of highlight reel goals. Duchene, Datsyuk, and now Benn.


__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now  
Old
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
  #271
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Hahaha, step in? We aren't even anywhere close to what they put Richards through when he was captain.

Laviolette building trust with Richards aka Richards is moody and withdrawn

Richards and Carter's Partying Ways led to Departure?

Also the author of the above article said this on the radio:
"I'm not suggesting that these guys were abusing pills or anything of that nature, but the teammates were saying that they were drinking while they were being prescribed pills. So, it seemed like there was some concern on behalf of the players and also the organization about having these guys around."


Richards confrontation with Sam Carchidi

Which led to this article:
Captain Whine Rips the Media <--- original title of the article

Not to mention the rumors accusing Jeff Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife and Richards and Carter coming to games drunk.

Lol, Giroux hasn't even touched the tip of the iceberg with these guys.
I bet Richards and Carter are thankful that they don't have to deal with the circus and **** show in Philly any longer and can concentrate on hockey in LA. Thank God we don't have reporters discussing players' personal lives and what they do off the ice and scrutinizing everything they do away from the rink. Philly reporters are obnoxious sycophants.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
  #272
Lead Role in a Cage
Registered User
 
Lead Role in a Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Hahaha, step in? We aren't even anywhere close to what they put Richards through when he was captain.

Laviolette building trust with Richards aka Richards is moody and withdrawn

Richards and Carter's Partying Ways led to Departure?

Also the author of the above article said this on the radio:
"I'm not suggesting that these guys were abusing pills or anything of that nature, but the teammates were saying that they were drinking while they were being prescribed pills. So, it seemed like there was some concern on behalf of the players and also the organization about having these guys around."


Richards confrontation with Sam Carchidi

Which led to this article:
Captain Whine Rips the Media <--- original title of the article

Not to mention the rumors accusing Jeff Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife and Richards and Carter coming to games drunk.

Lol, Giroux hasn't even touched the tip of the iceberg with these guys.
Thanks for the links. So what's the deal? Why would a few "journalists" stir all this ****? To get internet hits or for attention?

Does management let this happen because it fits their agenda?

Lead Role in a Cage is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 02:38 PM
  #273
Lead Role in a Cage
Registered User
 
Lead Role in a Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I bet Richards and Carter are thankful that they don't have to deal with the circus and **** show in Philly any longer and can concentrate on hockey in LA. Thank God we don't have reporters discussing players' personal lives and what they do off the ice and scrutinizing everything they do away from the rink. Philly reporters are obnoxious sycophants.
My thoughts exactly.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
  #274
takk
Registered User
 
takk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Istanbul
Country: Turkey
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
I remember some Vinny threads from preseason. Oh boy, was "Homer" the wizard and you would think that 13-14 Philly team would be some sort of a second coming of 90's Wings or 70's Habs. What happened to dat offence man..

By the way that articles are truly disgusting. I guess what Flyers need is a culture change, the situation over there is getting more pathetic than just funny.

takk is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
  #275
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
Thanks for the links. So what's the deal? Why would a few "journalists" stir all this ****? To get internet hits or for attention?

Does management let this happen because it fits their agenda?
I'd say it's cause the journalists think they are the most important people on the planet. Like they are bringing the fans this incredible information. They are constantly trying to find someone to blame for bad play. Then if that person bad mouths them, they beat them over the head with their ******** articles until fans and management believe it's true.

And management is just a mess. Snider is too involved and he believes these guys when they say such and such is a cancer, or isn't taking hockey seriously enough. The fact that Richards went through all of that as captain and still made it to the SCF shows that he has the mental fortitude of a ten men. But Snider wanted the young 'partiers' out cause of what these morons said. Something a majority of fans still believe is true despite great results on the ice.

It's always been like this but it's gotten really bad the past ten years with this influx of beat writers who consider themselves God's gift to journalism. The truth is there was no scapegoat or problem and they've completely dissected their team for no reason and now they are paying for it.

jml87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.