HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Matt19Oilers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I don't know what is with all the trade Hall talk on here. Him and Nuge are really the two best blocks we have to build around. You can make huge changes to the team without burning the whole thing to the ground.

Right now I'd like to keep:

Hall- Nuge - XXX
Perron - XXX - Yakupov (no way I'm selling low on him, he's got what it takes to be a high end goal scorer)
XXX - Gordon - XXX
XXX/Gazdic - XXX - XXX

XXX - XXX
XXX - Petry
Ference - XXX

Goaltending:
XXX
XXX

That still leaves a huge amount of potential turnover and the team can really be re-shaped drastically. I'd also make sure to hold onto Klefbom and Nurse till we really know what we have in them. I'm also o.k. with keeping Belov or J. Schultz in a 3rd pairing role, J. Schultz gets a lot of flack and he deserves it, but he's still young and could be a really useful piece going forward with the right tutelage.
I actually quite like this template.
In my ideal world: Simmonds fits in the top 6 RW spot, Ehrhoff fits in the top LHD spot, Halak in net.

Something i have been wondering about: if we end up shipping out Gagner, I know there are lots of people on the Couturier/Schenn bandwagon as the new 2C, but what about Paul Stastny? He's an impending UFA and probably is going to get a change of scenery with Duchene, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, Landeskog as the core in Colorado. Obviously we don't want him for the 6.6 million he makes now, but what about if he was open to taking 5million?

Just a thought, I'm not insistent here, just want some others' opinions.

Old
11-03-2013, 03:53 PM
BowDangles

I don't understand how Edmonton and Philli have not made a trade yet.. Both teams are struggling and need a move, Both teams have what the other lacks…

Maybe there is some hard feelings there from MacT getting played at the draft by Holmgrom??

Old
11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
I actually quite like this template.
In my ideal world: Simmonds fits in the top 6 RW spot, Ehrhoff fits in the top LHD spot, Halak in net.

Something i have been wondering about: if we end up shipping out Gagner, I know there are lots of people on the Couturier/Schenn bandwagon as the new 2C, but what about Paul Stastny? He's an impending UFA and probably is going to get a change of scenery with Duchene, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, Landeskog as the core in Colorado. Obviously we don't want him for the 6.6 million he makes now, but what about if he was open to taking 5million?

Just a thought, I'm not insistent here, just want some others' opinions.
Stastny would be alright with me, I'd still prefer Schenn, he's got that nasty streak we need...no interest in Couturier.

Do you think Halak would really hit the open market? I think they'll let Elliott walk and let Allen have the backup job.

Completely on board with getting Ehrhoff, I have no idea what Buff wants, maybe a pick and prospect? They probably need to take back salary too, say impending UFA Schultz?

Old
11-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Matt19Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Stastny would be alright with me, I'd still prefer Schenn, he's got that nasty streak we need...no interest in Couturier.

Do you think Halak would really hit the open market? I think they'll let Elliott walk and let Allen have the backup job.

Completely on board with getting Ehrhoff, I have no idea what Buff wants, maybe a pick and prospect? They probably need to take back salary too, say impending UFA Schultz?
On the Ehrhoff front: i've heard people talking about something like: Nick Schultz, Marincin and our 2015 2nd, which i would take without even thinking twice.

No idea about Halak vs Elliot though. A lot of people are assuming Halak will hit the market, so I just went along with them.

Old
11-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Eberle and J Schultz for Schenn and Simmonds and a depth D like Grossman.

Then Hall, Gagner and whatever else for Weber.

Last edited by Mr Forever: 11-03-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old
11-03-2013, 05:18 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 692
Quote:
I don't know what is with all the trade Hall talk on here. Him and Nuge are really the two best blocks we have to build around. You can make huge changes to the team without burning the whole thing to the ground.

Hall- Nuge - XXX
Perron - XXX - Yakupov (no way I'm selling low on him, he's got what it takes to be a high end goal scorer)
XXX - Gordon - XXX
XXX/Gazdic - XXX - XXX

XXX - XXX
XXX - Petry
Ference - XXX

Goaltending:
XXX
XXX

That still leaves a huge amount of potential turnover and the team can really be re-shaped drastically. I'd also make sure to hold onto Klefbom and Nurse till we really know what we have in them. I'm also o.k. with keeping Belov or J. Schultz in a 3rd pairing role, J. Schultz gets a lot of flack and he deserves it, but he's still young and could be a really useful piece going forward with the right tutelage.
This is how I see it to, I'd like to see something like this going forward though.

Hall- Nuge - Simmonds
Perron - Schenn - Yakupov (no way I'm selling low on him, he's got what it takes to be a high end goal scorer)
Ott- Gordon -Ward
Joensuu/Gazdic - XXX - Pitlick
Smack

Coburn - Carlson
Ference - Petry
Stuart - Schultz
Belov

Goaltending:
Neuvirth
Bachman

Trades

Eberle, N.Schultz, Maricin for Schenn, Simmonds, Coburn

Gagner, Smid, Klefbom for Carlson, Ward, Neuvirth

Ott, Stuart sign as free agents

Old
11-03-2013, 05:39 PM
sailorjerry96

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
I think return on Hall would be similar or more than what Boston got for Seguin. And I'm trading Eberle and yakupov before hall and nuge

Old
11-03-2013, 06:00 PM
shogun99

Quote:

Hall- Nuge - XXX
XXX - Gordon - XXX
XXX/Gazdic - XXX - XXX

XXX - XXX
XXX - Petry
Ference - XXX

Goaltending:
XXX
XXX

I have pretty much the exact same template except i'd keep Schultz, let Dubnyk stay as a backup and add Joensuu and Pitlick to the 4th line (if he was ever healthy). Bolded are the players or type of player i'd like to see in that spot.

Hall - Nuge - Stewart/Hartnell
Perron - C.Wilson/Henrique/Hanzal/Zajac - Yakupov
Martin - Gordon - Clifford
Joensuu - Pitlick - Gazdic

Phaneuf - Larsson
Klefbom - Greene
Ference - Schultz

Halak
Dubnyk

There's also the potential of our 2014 1st round pick being in the opening night lineup if we draft 1-5. In this scenario we sign Phaneuf, Greene and Halak as UFA's. We use our trade chips of value such as Eberle, Gagner, Petry, Smid and prospects to fill the holes at #2C, top 6 RW, 3rd line RW/LW and #2 left defense. We don't need to fill the 2 top six spots with superstars, just tough hard nosed players that can chip in around 40 points.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:22 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
I have pretty much the exact same template except i'd keep Schultz, let Dubnyk stay as a backup and add Joensuu and Pitlick to the 4th line (if he was ever healthy). Bolded are the players or type of player i'd like to see in that spot.

Phaneuf - Larsson
Klefbom - Greene
Ference - Schultz

Halak
Dubnyk

There's also the potential of our 2014 1st round pick being in the opening night lineup if we draft 1-5. In this scenario we sign Phaneuf, Greene and Halak as UFA's. We use our trade chips of value such as Eberle, Gagner, Petry, Smid and prospects to fill the holes at #2C, top 6 RW, 3rd line RW/LW and #2 left defense. We don't need to fill the 2 top six spots with superstars, just tough hard nosed players that can chip in around 40 points.
Klefbom is barely a competent minor leaguer and you want him on our team right now?

Old
11-03-2013, 06:32 PM
shogun99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Klefbom is barely a competent minor leaguer and you want him on our team right now?
This is for next season. It will probably be him, Nurse, Ekblad or a combination of two of them on the opening night roster next season.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
This is for next season. It will probably be him, Nurse, Ekblad or a combination of two of them on the opening night roster next season.
2 rookies on the worst D in the NHL?

Helloooo McDavid.

11-03-2013, 06:40 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
2 rookies on the worst D in the NHL?

Helloooo McDavid.
It's not unusual for rookie defensemen to do well now.

If you add a Seth Jones and Jake Trouba in the form of Ekblad and Nurse, I don't think you can say that would make our D core worse.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
It's not unusual for rookie defensemen to do well now.

If you add a Seth Jones and Jake Trouba in the form of Ekblad and Nurse, I don't think you can say that would make our D core worse.
All rookie D-man go through growing pains. It's part of the steep development curve of learning to play as a D-man in the NHL.

Look at our own J. Schultz. IIRC, Dregs said teams said they'd take him top-10 in the draft. He's currently looking like he's never played hockey in his entire life.

Now multiply J. Schultz x2 on the our blueline. For a whole 82 game season. With Petry, Smid and Ference the other regulars.

Old
11-03-2013, 06:58 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
All rookie D-man go through growing pains. It's part of the steep development curve of learning to play as a D-man in the NHL.

Look at our own J. Schultz. IIRC, Dregs said teams said they'd take him top-10 in the draft. He's currently looking like he's never played hockey in his entire life.

Now multiply J. Schultz x2 on the our blueline. For a whole 82 game season. With Petry, Smid and Ference the other regulars.
Schultz is an extreme case.

Even Ryan Murphy looks light years better defensively.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:00 PM
shogun99

Klefbom will be 21/22 next season and will have played numerous seasons against men. Nurse looked like our best D in preseason and should be ready in a season or 2. If we finish bad enough to draft Ekblad he'd be our number 1 D on this current roster. The plan would be to stagger the amount of rookie D on the roster. Starting with Klefbom next year, then Nurse the year after. Only way we'd have 2 on the roster is if we draft Ekblad.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:13 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
Quote:
Klefbom will be 21/22 next season and will have played numerous seasons against men. Nurse looked like our best D in preseason and should be ready in a season or 2. If we finish bad enough to draft Ekblad he'd be our number 1 D on this current roster. The plan would be to stagger the amount of rookie D on the roster. Starting with Klefbom next year, then Nurse the year after. Only way we'd have 2 on the roster is if we draft Ekblad.
Klefbomb is horribly overrated.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:24 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
He's got high expectations, but rightfully so. Look at the list of all star defenseman from the world juniors over the last 10 years. The majority of them have went on to become elite defenseman in the NHL. So when Klefbom earned that honor the expectations were immediately raised.

The fact that he missed almost all of last year hurt him quite a bit I think, and there's bound to be an adjustment period as he comes over to NA. I still think he'll become a good top 4 defenseman.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Paralyzer008

Whatever we do, we shouldn't rush any d-men in here.

Can't afford it. We need Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin etc. to take the Detroit route of development on this one (although Detroit develops their forwards more like that, they have rushed D lately cause of a lack of depth)

Old
11-03-2013, 07:43 PM
duul

vCash: 169
Quote:
He has looked amazing so far in OKC. An absolute rock defensively in comparison to the rest of the team.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:49 PM
PETRYDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
He has looked amazing so far in OKC. An absolute rock defensively in comparison to the rest of the team.
Alright, that's good. I guess defense first, hopefully his offense comes along shortly.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:49 PM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 161
Quote:
Lmao. Good old Oilers fan mentality. Team sucks = prospects sucks too.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:58 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Taylor Hall, Nick Schultz, 1st round pick 2014 for Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien

Jordan Eberle, Oscar Klefbom, Ladislav Smid for Fedor Tyutin, Nick Foligno, Nathan Horton

Ladd-RNH-Hemsky
Perron-Gagner-Horton
Foligno-Gordon-Yakupov
Gazdic-Arcobello-Eager
Smyth-Acton-Jones
Hamilton-Lander-Pitlick

Tyutin-Petry
Belov-Byfuglien
Ference-J.Schultz
Larsen
Horton can't be traded , Foligno is a bottom 6, talk about over paying
Hall is the one player we should not be trading. He is not the problem

Old
11-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Trades

Eberle, N.Schultz, Maricin for Schenn, Simmonds, Coburn

Gagner, Smid, Klefbom for Carlson, Ward, Neuvirth

Ott, Stuart sign as free agents
No way Philly bites on that. Try Ebs, J Schultz and Musil.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:10 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:

Phaneuf - Larsson
Klefbom - Greene
Ference - Schultz

Halak
Dubnyk

Stewart, Hartnell are both having bad years.
Henrique is 41% FO and not producing
Zajac and Hanzal are not getting traded
Phan I don't like I think he is over rated
Greene and Larrson won't be traded

It is not as easy to make deals as people think

Old
11-03-2013, 08:13 PM
PETRYDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Lmao. Good old Oilers fan mentality. Team sucks = prospects sucks too.
Ah the way I see it Oiler fans have always overrated prospects long before Klefbom.

Closed Thread