HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2013, 07:14 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
I know that people are pissed at this time and so am I but we have to remember that our young players are just that young and still need time to develop in the NHL. Having Hall and Perron out makes a big deal in our top 6 as they are the driving force for each line.

I am a firm believer that we need a 2C with some size and B.Schenn is who I would go after. I would love to get B.Schenn and Simmonds but I don't think we have the parts to get both of them as I would move Yak but unsure what else it would take. I would move Klef, N.Schultz and Yak for Coburn, B.Schenn and Simmonds.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I know that people are pissed at this time and so am I but we have to remember that our young players are just that young and still need time to develop in the NHL. Having Hall and Perron out makes a big deal in our top 6 as they are the driving force for each line.

I am a firm believer that we need a 2C with some size and B.Schenn is who I would go after. I would love to get B.Schenn and Simmonds but I don't think we have the parts to get both of them as I would move Yak but unsure what else it would take. I would move Klef, N.Schultz and Yak for Coburn, B.Schenn and Simmonds.
The young player argument especially relates to these guys, so this seems like a big contradiction.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:20 PM
shogun99

If we go 40-20-7 from this point on then we have a chance of making the playoffs...

Edited due to poor math skills.

After Olympic break we will need to go 20-1-1 to have any chance.

Last edited by shogun99: 11-03-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old
11-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Rafters

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
If we go 40-30-7 from this point on then we have a chance of making the playoffs...
You Might want to check the math on a 82 game schedule...more like 40-20-7...from a team that has won 3/15 so far

Old
11-03-2013, 07:24 PM
armandh01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
You Might want to check the math on a 82 game schedule
Not 100% sure but I am 99% sure it was sarcastic.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:24 PM
raab
Where's the Heart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
No way Philly bites on that. Try Ebs, J Schultz and Musil.
I'd still make that deal as long as we had another deal lined up for a top 4 dman like Carlson.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:25 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:

I'd have no problem using Yak as a center piece of a trade with Philly that brings us in Simmonds+

Old
11-03-2013, 07:27 PM
shogun99

Quote:
Stewart, Hartnell are both having bad years.
Henrique is 41% FO and not producing
Zajac and Hanzal are not getting traded
Phan I don't like I think he is over rated
Greene and Larrson won't be traded

It is not as easy to make deals as people think
Greene is a UFA after this season.

Doesn't matter if Stewart/Hartnell aren't producing. We need they're nastiness in ou top six. I'd settle for a 35 point season from them if it added toughness to the top six and opened up space for Hall/RNH/Yakupov.

Henrique is similar to Hall's win at all costs mentality and is better defensively then Gagner. Plus he's already had a 50 point season.

Hanzal or Zajac could be had for the right price, don't think we can offer what would be needed.

NJ would probably consider an Eberle for Larsson swap.

Not a fan of Phaneuf either but he's the type of Dman we need while Nurse/Klefbom/Schultz/Ekblad develop

Old
11-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Johnny Canuck

any interest in a booth for hemsky swap? a change of scenery would do them both good. the trade favors Vancouver, considering hemsky is a FA end of the season.However with booth there still maybe a little optimism he can get his body/act together. He is also defensively responsible.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:35 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
any interest in a booth for hemsky swap? a change of scenery would do them both good. the trade favors Vancouver, considering hemsky is a FA end of the season.However with booth there still maybe a little optimism he can get his body/act together. He is also defensively responsible.
0. Hemsky is a much better player, with a better contract, and DOESN'T need a change of scenery

11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
I would much prefer the cap space from Hemsky walking(or hopefully being traded by the deadline) than having Booth.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:50 PM
thinlizzy

Quote:
Booth is injured a lot.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post
Booth is injured a lot.
I think Booth is more made of glass than Hemsky, tbh. Also the fact I would hate to see Hemsky on the Nucks would make it a resounding no.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Oilking83

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
Greene is a UFA after this season.

Doesn't matter if Stewart/Hartnell aren't producing. We need they're nastiness in ou top six. I'd settle for a 35 point season from them if it added toughness to the top six and opened up space for Hall/RNH/Yakupov.

Henrique is similar to Hall's win at all costs mentality and is better defensively then Gagner. Plus he's already had a 50 point season.

Hanzal or Zajac could be had for the right price, don't think we can offer what would be needed.

NJ would probably consider an Eberle for Larsson swap.

Not a fan of Phaneuf either but he's the type of Dman we need while Nurse/Klefbom/Schultz/Ekblad develop
I'm sure they would, considering he's consistently finding his way to the pressbox in his third year in the league.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I'd have no problem using Yak as a center piece of a trade with Philly that brings us in Simmonds+
If by Yak you mean Eberle I agree.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:44 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Hate to say it, but the trade that makes this team better probably isn't available until next offseason.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:49 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Hate to say it, but the trade that makes this team better probably isn't available until next offseason.
does that really matter though? this season is toast... if we have to wait until the offseason to make a trade it doesn't really matter one way or the other to be honest

it would be different if we had a hope in hell of making the playoffs

Old
11-03-2013, 08:50 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilking83 View Post
I'm sure they would, considering he's consistently finding his way to the pressbox in his third year in the league.
Eberle should be seeing the press box at some point. Problem is we have a dozen or so players who should as well.

Old
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

i'd trade hall and eberle while they still have any value whatsoever

Old
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
does that really matter though? this season is toast... if we have to wait until the offseason to make a trade it doesn't really matter one way or the other to be honest

it would be different if we had a hope in hell of making the playoffs
it matters a bit, because if we make a trade now, we are going to lose. Teams are going to take us as desperate and take advantage.

In the offseason, everyone is open season.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:52 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
Klefbomb is horribly overrated.
this.

other than 1 really good WJC, what has klefbom exactly done? he is barely holding his own in the AHL as a 20 year old.... doesn't exactly look like a guy we can slot into our top-4 for next season.... more like a guy we hope will be good enough to make the team in 2015-16 if we're honest with ourselves

Old
11-03-2013, 08:54 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
He has looked amazing so far in OKC. An absolute rock defensively in comparison to the rest of the team.
really? he is -4 so far through 10 GP... i haven't seen any reports saying that he has been rock solid defensively, but its entirely possible that i just didn't see the report

Old
11-03-2013, 08:56 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
it matters a bit, because if we make a trade now, we are going to lose. Teams are going to take us as desperate and take advantage.

yeah, thats a good point actually.... like i said, i'm fine with waiting till the offseason... once the team can't make the playoffs i don't care about improving during the season anymore.... and, very pathetically, and sadly, we were out of the playoff race before november 1st, lol

might as well wait till the offseason, at least then we'll have a better idea as to what type of players the potential trade-bait players are (eberle, yakupov being the 2 most likely candidates)

Old
11-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post

so brooklyn shiested buffalo, and philly got snookered by colorado?

Last edited by Steve BachIntyre: 11-03-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old
11-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
so brooklyn shiested buffalo, and philly got snookered by colorado?
Different situation completely, can't be compared.

Buffalo is not a team expected to be on the up and up, they are rebuilding. Vanek and Moulson in the deal are UFAs.

In the COL-Philly deal, Downie is a UFA and that deal is more even than HF sought it out to be.

In Edmonton, a massive deal would involve contracted players or RFAs, considering all of our UFAs are garbage. With a 3-10-1 start and a team that was actually expected to start winning going to the tank, teams are going to think "they will do anything to improve now" and will throw garbage at us to convince us that change is the right thing to do.

Closed Thread