HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Different situation completely, can't be compared.

Buffalo is not a team expected to be on the up and up, they are rebuilding. Vanek and Moulson in the deal are UFAs.

In the COL-Philly deal, Downie is a UFA and that deal is more even than HF sought it out to be.

In Edmonton, a massive deal would involve contracted players or RFAs, considering all of our UFAs are garbage. With a 3-10-1 start and a team that was actually expected to start winning going to the tank, teams are going to think "they will do anything to improve now" and will throw garbage at us to convince us that change is the right thing to do.
IMO It works more like this.. supply and demand.. when there is a demand.. (like when SJ wanted a tough guy) and there is a team with said supply (Oilers Brown) then the team with the demand will pay a normally requested or a tad bit higher price... like Brown getting back the 4th we paid for him is kinda redic considering he can't play hockey or win many fights like when Boll tuned him up.

So the Oilers wait for a team that needs something they have and they supply it.. at a fair price.. it's more about timing than anything.. if you really wanna milk it..

there is a high demand for top line players and top line d-men at all times... if there are guys on our team who aren't willing to buy in, or pass the puck to other team-mates or have an inner circle within the dressing room then they all can gtfo, hall, eberle or not. It's either that or take the washington Ovy Boudreau route and cater to the team like Kruger.

teams will def. not throw garbage at us for hall/ebs, infact i think we could get a handsome return for those 2.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
IMO It works more like this.. supply and demand.. when there is a demand.. (like when SJ wanted a tough guy) and there is a team with said supply (Oilers Brown) then the team with the demand will pay a normally requested or a tad bit higher price... like Brown getting back the 4th we paid for him is kinda redic considering he can't play hockey or win many fights like when Boll tuned him up.

So the Oilers wait for a team that needs something they have and they supply it.. at a fair price.. it's more about timing than anything.. if you really wanna milk it..

there is a high demand for top line players and top line d-men at all times... if there are guys on our team who aren't willing to buy in, or pass the puck to other team-mates or have an inner circle within the dressing room then they all can gtfo, hall, eberle or not. It's either that or take the washington Ovy Boudreau route and cater to the team like Kruger.

teams will def. not throw garbage at us for hall/ebs, infact i think we could get a handsome return for those 2.
I haven't seen many handsome returns proposed by our own fans here in this thread.

Considering how young Hall and Eberle are, and how relatively good their contracts are, I don't see why "Simmonds" or anyone else proposed here for that matter are worth it.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Sorry I don't really catch u, u think i proposed hall/ebs for simmonds?

I was talking about something more along the lines of Hall/Ebs +2 A Prospects +2 1sts +? for Rinne/Weber something like that

Old
11-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Matt19Oilers

I can't believe certain people are entertaining the thought of trading Hall. Literally the only consistently competitive player out of the big 4, I would have little faith in this group of forwards without him in it going forward.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
I can't believe certain people are entertaining the thought of trading Hall. Literally the only consistently competitive player out of the big 4, I would have little faith in this group of forwards without him in it going forward.
IMO, Eberle is more consistent than Hall. He seems to get a point a game even when he isn't that noticeable. Hall gets points in spurts. Not saying Eberle is better but when saying Hall is consistent, I can't see it.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Matt19Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
IMO, Eberle is more consistent than Hall. He seems to get a point a game even when he isn't that noticeable. Hall gets points in spurts. Not saying Eberle is better but when saying Hall is consistent, I can't see it.
5 straight games with no points and being noticeable for all the wrong reasons for Eberle. How can you say that Eberle is more consistent just based on his point totals? Hall makes an impact on the game much more regularly than Eberle. You have to watch the way they impact the game, picking up points is irrelevant when a player is invisible for 19 out of 20 minutes on the ice.

By the way, Hall's goals and assists per 82 games are higher than Eberle's.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:18 PM
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Hall is the heart of this team
Just look at how bad our record is without him in the lineup
Hall >>>>> Eberle

Old
11-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Asuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall2Nuge2Ebs View Post
Hall >>>>> Eberle
No kidding.. Hall literally brings the energy in this team. I miss seeing him on the ice already.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:36 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
really? he is -4 so far through 10 GP... i haven't seen any reports saying that he has been rock solid defensively, but its entirely possible that i just didn't see the report
I think Willis said he's been pretty great, but last game was a howler. Expects him to fit in fine by the end of his first NA season.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Hockey Nightmare

Hall is the last player you trade. Unfortunately for him.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

That's nice and all, I love the guy (Hall) but he's expendable now imo with Perron here, especially for what he could fetch in the team-needs department on defense/goalie which would make an actual difference in the W column. Something Hall has never seemed to be able to do with all his injury plagued 60 game highlight-reel seasons.

Last edited by Steve BachIntyre: 11-03-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old
11-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
That's nice and all, I love the guy (Hall) but he's expendable now imo with Perron here, especially for what he could fetch in the team-needs department on defense/goalie which would make an actual difference in the W column. Something Hall has never seemed to able to do with all his injury plagued 60 game highlight-reel seasons.
Perron has no where near Hall's game breaking ability, and doesn't bring any of Hall's unique skillset.

He does makes Eberle expendable though, as they both play a similar game based around dangling with the puck. Perron would be a bit lower on offensive ability, but makes up for it with a far grittier game with more commitment to defense.

Old
11-03-2013, 11:00 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall? Now we're taking about trading Hall? The only player who seems to give a crap about losing and who's ppg this season while being nowhere near the top of his game?

I am against that idea

Old
11-03-2013, 11:15 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Hall? Now we're taking about trading Hall? The only player who seems to give a crap about losing and who's ppg this season while being nowhere near the top of his game?

I am against that idea
Ya, we've officially hit the point of "I don't care who has to go, just win". Hall and Nuge need to stay though

11-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
No kidding.. Hall literally brings the energy in this team. I miss seeing him on the ice already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall2Nuge2Ebs View Post
Hall >>>>> Eberle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
5 straight games with no points and being noticeable for all the wrong reasons for Eberle. How can you say that Eberle is more consistent just based on his point totals? Hall makes an impact on the game much more regularly than Eberle. You have to watch the way they impact the game, picking up points is irrelevant when a player is invisible for 19 out of 20 minutes on the ice.

By the way, Hall's goals and assists per 82 games are higher than Eberle's.
Do you guys read anything I said, I never said Hall <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Eberle. I said Hall has more brain farts than Eberle from what I have seen. No, Eberle doesn't bring on the intensity like Hall does, but when it comes to needing that goal desperately, I look for Eberle more than Hall. Hall had 1 really good season from last year. Eberle has had 2 good ones. Should we trade Hall? Hell no. Trade Eberle? Hell no. If there's one player I wouldn't mind seeing gone for a package of players that fill our needs would be Yakupov. Havent been too impressed with him and he seems to try to play all by himself out there.

Old
11-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Better to trade Hall now before we lose all leverage after a trade request.

Old
11-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

he is from calgary after all

Old
11-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Hall is the heart of the team, meaning he's the one who pumps the cancer to the rest of the body.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

I'd trade Eberle. Honestly he doesn't have $6m impact, without Hall he seems neutered and doesn't really control the play, just not enough impact to warrant that contract. I'm sure he'd rack up points if he fit into an already good team, but Eberle is more valuable as a trading chip right now imo. Gagner too.

This team won't get anywhere until we don't have Eberle and Gagner on the PK.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Dave
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Hall is the heart of the team, meaning he's the one who pumps the cancer to the rest of the body.
Why do you think hall is a cancer to the team?

Old
11-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Mr Forever

Trade Hall and Gagner for Weber

Trade Schultz and Eberle for Schenn x2 and Simmonds

Simmonds - RNH - Yak
Perron - Schenn - Hemsky
XXXX - Gordon - XXXX
Joensuu - Lander - Pitlick

Weber - Petry
Schenn - Ference
Smid - Belov

Old
11-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
Greene is a UFA after this season.
Our window for UFA's finding this an attractive destination is closed. We're even past the point of being able to overpay for depth after handing out those $6M contracts and likely offering a mint for a starting goalie and/or top pairing d-man.
Quote:
Hanzal or Zajac could be had for the right price, don't think we can offer what would be needed.
Zajac would instantly become Horcoff. Long term deal at $5M as a product of Parise. Produced 0.79 points per game with him, and dropped to 0.47 points per game without him.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Why do you think hall is a cancer to the team?
Just my own personal assessment. He seems to have a cliquey, selfish attitude. Stories about him chirping Dubnyk at the bar, ignoring Yakupov at team functions, spazzing out and telling everyone off irrationally during games. There's no doubt he wants to win and he has drive, but I think it's more self actualizing than anything. I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. The Oilers need a leader and it can't be him.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:29 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Just my own personal assessment. He seems to have a cliquey, selfish attitude. Stories about him chirping Dubnyk at the bar, ignoring Yakupov at team functions, spazzing out and telling everyone off irrationally during games. There's no doubt he wants to win and he has drive, but I think it's more self actualizing than anything. I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. The Oilers need a leader and it can't be him.
That's on Ference if anything imo (and Horcoff before him). If those are true (and I wouldn't doubt it), Ference needs to step in and have a chat

Old
11-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
That's on Ference if anything imo (and Horcoff before him). If those are true (and I wouldn't doubt it), Ference needs to step in and have a chat
While Ference is the symbolic leader of the team, there's no doubt Hall is the domineering presence. I hope Ference does have a chat with him, surely Horcoff never did. All in all, I could be wrong, but it seems to me like Hall is a really difficult player to play with, and getting on his bad side would mean Hell for anybody.

Closed Thread