HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
Sorry I don't really catch u, u think i proposed hall/ebs for simmonds?

I was talking about something more along the lines of Hall/Ebs +2 A Prospects +2 1sts +? for Rinne/Weber something like that
I was saying others are proposing kids for Simmonds and Schenn and I'm going....meh. Not you, but others.

Gagner is the "kid" I'd move or Petry for an upgrade but I'm against trading that core. Justin Schultz I might be willing to move, depending on return. Not in love with moving any of Perron/Hall/Ebs/Yak/Nuge

BTW not related to the reply, but I just saw a tweet from John McKinnon saying Peter Chiarelli said we tried to get 2nd overall to pick Hall and Seguin. That was a floated rumor but now it seems true.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:36 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
While Ference is the symbolic leader of the team, there's no doubt Hall is the domineering presence. I hope Ference does have a chat with him, surely Horcoff never did. All in all, I could be wrong, but it seems to me like Hall is a really difficult player to play with, and getting on his bad side would mean Hell for anybody.
Oh absolutely, and that's why, imo, it'd be on the veterans to step in. It's not about starting an argument. It's about making everyone part of the team. They're not in highschool. You put aside differences so winning can come first

11-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
That's on Ference if anything imo (and Horcoff before him). If those are true (and I wouldn't doubt it), Ference needs to step in and have a chat
If Hall is an unmanageable ******(which I doubt as well), it's not even really Horcoff's/Ference's fault either. The organization would have dug it's own hole in that regard with their propping up of Hall(and Eberle) as franchise saviors before they played a minute of hockey, and then scapegoating any and all coaches so there was never any pressure for players to buckle down and develop other aspects of their games while fostering an environment promoting entitlement.

Of course, the real myth in this entire line of thought is that players all have to be good guys, or even get along. All that matters is performance on the ice, and Hall is the only one even close to achieving his potential on the ice at this point, primarily to due to his drive and desire to win.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
If Hall is an unmanageable ******(which I doubt as well), it's not even really Horcoff's/Ference's fault either. The organization would have dug it's own hole in that regard with their propping up of Hall(and Eberle) as franchise saviors before they played a minute of hockey, and then scapegoating any and all coaches so there was never any pressure for players to buckle down and develop other aspects of their games while fostering an environment promoting entitlement.

Of course, the real myth in this entire line of thought is that players all have to be good guys, or even get along. All that matters is performance on the ice, and Hall is the only one even close to achieving his potential on the ice at this point, primarily to due to his drive and desire to win.
I'd say that Petry being a 2nd round pick is close to his potential, and sorry how is eberle not, being a late first..? Either way if teams dont bond then they will not win, or stick up for eachother... how can you go hug a guy after you score if u think hes a pos ?

Last edited by Steve BachIntyre: 11-04-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old
11-04-2013, 01:44 AM
VanillaCoke

IMO hall and RNH are special talents you can't give up on his early.
On the other hand Eberle is quite good but clearly not 6m good , it's a no brainer to trade that contract (and the well above average player) anywhere for a solid #2/3 DMan

Old
11-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
I'd say that Petry being a 2nd round pick is close to his potential, and sorry how is eberle not, being a late first..? Either way if teams dont bond then they will not win, or stick up for eachother... how can you go hug a guy after you score if u think hes a pos ?
I was referring more to the top 4 players on the Oilers(Hall/Ebs/RNH/Yak), and was referring to their expected potential for the franchise, not their expected potential compared to their draft position(a largely irrelevant comparison for actual NHL players).

Nor do players have to like each other to be good teammates to each other. They are paid to be professionals, and professional NHL teammates, not best buds. If anything, the Oilers have been far too fixated on recreating the "boys on the bus" mentality, to the point that results and actual on-ice team unity has fallen by the wayside.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Hemsky4PM

I would move Eberle and Hemsky for Voracek and Simmonds. Might add a sweetener like Marincin. We have a bad mix.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:00 AM
alphahelix

I'm looking forward to the headlines at the deadline...

"the New Kids are on the Block!" I smell aviaters.

IF we don't see a big trade at the deadline, then there is always the summertime edition:

Adios muchachos.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Just my own personal assessment. He seems to have a cliquey, selfish attitude. Stories about him chirping Dubnyk at the bar, ignoring Yakupov at team functions, spazzing out and telling everyone off irrationally during games. There's no doubt he wants to win and he has drive, but I think it's more self actualizing than anything. I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. The Oilers need a leader and it can't be him.
That's basically what Hall has always been. Really wants to win, is very confident (maybe egotistic to some, or cocky). People were saying similar things when he was still in Windsor. Personally I don't mind because I don't think Hall really crosses the line, I expect athletes like him to ooze confidence and be intense about winning.

A friend of mine was getting Orr's book signed in Vancouver the other day and he asked Orr, "How's Hall doing?" and Orr just said "He wants to win".

That basically sums Hall up.

My overly-sensitive Oiler mind immediately thought that Hall's going to want out soon if he wants to win so bad, because it won't happen here any time soon. Hall might be wondering if it'll happen at all.

I can't help but think of Messier when I hear stories about Hall. Messier pissed people off, he was quite the ******. But I think you need that sometimes, or if it's from your top players it's more acceptable at least.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I would move Eberle and Hemsky for Voracek and Simmonds. Might add a sweetener like Marincin. We have a bad mix.
Voracek > Eberle
Simmonds > Hemsky

Hemskys also a UFA while the other 3 are multi

You'd probably have to add a 1st or Nurse

Old
11-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Can't wait to see what this team does trade wise.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:20 AM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Where Jeff Petry was drafted 7 years ago has absolutely no relevance on his potential. If you were to redo that draft today, he would go before many players who at the time were picked ahead of him, and a bunch of players picked behind him would now go ahead of him. Fact is, what position a player is drafted is relevant the day of the draft, that's it. And it had no impact on potential.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:27 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
Can't wait to see what this team does trade wise.
you either in for a short wait or a very long wait

Old
11-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
I think there will definable be moves....I got a HORRIBLE feeling Perron is done for the season. I hope my gut feeling is wrong, but I think he has a concussion, and has been hiding it from the Med. staff.

Old
11-04-2013, 08:03 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Just my own personal assessment. He seems to have a cliquey, selfish attitude. Stories about him chirping Dubnyk at the bar, ignoring Yakupov at team functions, spazzing out and telling everyone off irrationally during games. There's no doubt he wants to win and he has drive, but I think it's more self actualizing than anything. I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. The Oilers need a leader and it can't be him.
no offence intended here, its just an observation

you almost literally never say anything good about hall, and spread rumors about his attitude whenever you get the chance... its been a long standing trend with your posts... i don't know if hall hit on your girlfriend at the bar or what, but its pretty clear you have it out for him

because of this, i wouldn't take any rumors you pass along regarding hall as 100% factual

Old
11-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Voracek > Eberle
Simmonds > Hemsky

Is Eberle your Hemsky 2.0 now?

Old
11-04-2013, 08:22 AM
yoss

I hope you guys make a blockbuster trade or two. Maybe it will breathe some life into your team.

Old
11-04-2013, 09:02 AM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Voracek > Eberle
Simmonds > Hemsky

Voracek? Think not.

Old
11-04-2013, 09:12 AM
OilerFan4Life

I'd definitely move Eberle out of the 4 kids.

You're not going to get the value out of Yakupov in a trade and frankly he's still just a kid....his upside is much higher than Ebs.

Nuge is our best all around player....you don't move him.

Hallsy is the guys of our team and future captain...

What is Ebs? Very good individual talent but the most moveable of all the pieces.

He'd the be 1st line RW on several eastern conference teams. I'd definitely move him if we have to move one of hte kids

Old
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Just my own personal assessment. He seems to have a cliquey, selfish attitude. Stories about him chirping Dubnyk at the bar, ignoring Yakupov at team functions, spazzing out and telling everyone off irrationally during games.
Link?

Old
11-04-2013, 09:14 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
I hope you guys make a blockbuster trade or two. Maybe it will breathe some life into your team.
if what is being suggested is true--- teams are trying to rob the oilers of one of their kids while sending back quantity for quality

Old
11-04-2013, 09:19 AM
OilerFan4Life

Can kind of buy the Hall stories that mr forever is stating but at the same time I have a hard time believing he's been doing that with Andrew Ference around.

Ference is the type of guy that will grab him and shove him up against his locker....

Old
11-04-2013, 09:21 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
retool v.4.4.5

Braydon Coburn
Wayne Simmonds

Jordan Eberle
Justin Schultz

Nail Yakupov
Sam Gagner
Ladislav Smid
Anton Slepyshev

Dmitri Kulikov
Nick Bjugstad
Shawn Matthias
Jacob Markstrom

somehow sign Petry, Hemksy, Hiller, Stastny, Ekblad , Kulikov, Gazdic, Larsen etc.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Paul Stastny ($5.000m) / Ales Hemsky ($5.000m)
David Perron ($3.813m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($6.000m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Shawn Matthias ($1.750m) / Boyd Gordon ($3.000m) / Jesse Joensuu ($0.950m)
Luke Gazdic ($0.699m) / Nick Bjugstad ($1.100m) / Tyler Pitlick ($0.851m)
Will Acton ($0.680m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Jeff Petry ($4.000m)
Dmitry Kulikov ($4.500m) / Aaron Ekblad ($3.300m)
Darnell Nurse ($1.775m) / Andrew Ference ($3.250m)
Brandon Davidson ($0.650m) / Philip Larsen ($1.150m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Hiller ($5.000m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.200m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,141,500; BONUSES: $1,085,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,943,500

Old
11-04-2013, 09:24 AM
dem

People thought Hall had attitude problems in Junior as well..

Old
11-04-2013, 09:38 AM
phaedrusDH

vCash: 100
Quote:
Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty
Wings' Brendan Smith separates shoulder in fight with Oil Will Acton in final minute of Oil loss Sat.#Oilers
Looks like Acton is trying to facilitate a trade that includes Potter.

Closed Thread