HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
FreeRadicals

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
Hoping Subban doesn't sign an extension with Montreal... Potential for an offer sheet there...

Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

I'd be willing to give up four firsts for a 1 D man long term.. seems like we need a bold move like this to get rolling... too bad that couldn't even happen until next year
I 100% doubt Subban will not sign with Montreal. However if he for some reason didn't, I could see the oilers trade for his brother from Boston and then trade Eberle to MTL under the pretense that Subban will signs with us.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
oilers_smyth_94

I've been reading the Flyers boards, the fans don't seem very high on either Hartnell or Coburn. General feeling is that Hartnell is expensive and hasn't been the same since he got his new contract and that Coburn is overrated. Someone suggested a package in which we get both shouldn't cost too much except for cap space, then others are asking for Eberle+.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:49 AM
s7ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
Winnipeg fan here…
Would Byfuglien or Bogosian be of interest?
We are need a 1st line forwards.
Neither of those players are worth Hall, RNH, Eberle or Yakupov, imo. Bogosian looks like he'll never be more than a 3/4 guy because of his lack of hockey sense, and Byfuglien doesn't bring the shut down ability we need in a top pairing D.

But Oiler fans are so desperate to win some games that they will agree to near anything these days. So you will find posters interested.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
How about something around Gagner and D Roman Josi? (granted his concussion stuff is all cleared out)

Josi is a young D-man who has pretty good top-pairing potential. He played tough minutes along side Weber last season. He's signed long term to a good deal.

11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
There's no team in the league who will trade a number one D man, or even a potential one for Eberle straight up.
Maybe not a Weber or Karlsson or Subban, but if there's a team out there that's deep at d and needs scoring, i think something could be done. Bogosian would be an example (sounds like he's struggling in WPG).

Personally, I'd like to see the Oilers bundle up some prospects and picks for Erhroff. I doubt you'd even need one of the main kids to pry him loose.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
s7ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
How about something around Gagner and D Roman Josi? (granted his concussion stuff is all cleared out)

Josi is a young D-man who has pretty good top-pairing potential. He played tough minutes along side Weber last season. He's signed long term to a good deal.
Could just be me, but I am wary of picking up any top pairing D that only looked like a top pairing D when they were playing with a true number 1.

Edit: And count me in on the Ehrhoff idea. He'd be a great pick up, and I don't think he'd cost one of our kids

Old
11-04-2013, 12:05 PM
dem

I'd imagine MacT can't sit around much longer waiting for this team to get better. I understand not making a panic move.. but its gotten ridiculous. He has to do something.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I'd be interested in Josi for sure.

What about Marchand?

Old
11-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Oilers hit the beach for Fall break in Ft Lauderdale vs the Panthers

@Bob_Stauffer
Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov, Hemsky-RNH-Eberle, Jones-Gordon-Arcobello, Gazdic-Acron-Eager

Lines that make sense? Is this a dream? I dunno where else to put this.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Matt19Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Maybe not a Weber or Karlsson or Subban, but if there's a team out there that's deep at d and needs scoring, i think something could be done. Bogosian would be an example (sounds like he's struggling in WPG).

Personally, I'd like to see the Oilers bundle up some prospects and picks for Erhroff. I doubt you'd even need one of the main kids to pry him loose.
I've been interested in Ehrhoff too lately. With Buffalo seemingly in sale mode he could probably be had, and i bet it wouldn't take more than a decent pick and prospect, and perhaps Nick Schultz to even out the salaries. Even with 6 or 7 years of contract left, 4million per season is more than reasonable for a guy that can handle the minutes, put up 40 points from the blueline and quarterback the PP.

Ehrhoff for Marincin, 2015 2nd and Nick Schultz?

Old
11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
I'd imagine MacT can't sit around much longer waiting for this team to get better. I understand not making a panic move.. but its gotten ridiculous. He has to do something.
he will, it just won't be soon.... or at least it *shouldn't* be soon anyhow... this season is already toast, why make a trade when we are desperate and all the players value is about as low as possible?

the off-season is when changes will be made.... this season is (very pathetically and sadly) already gonzo

Old
40oz

I like Josi, but I think the Oilers should be more focused on established veteran players. Relying on another 23 year old is just compounding the issues this team already faces.

Old
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Is Eberle your Hemsky 2.0 now?
Who exactly was my Hemsky 1.0? With comments like that it feels like you know me better than I know myself lol

I remember getting flamed a few games into the season when I said he had been out most dynamic forward in the select games I saw.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Oh, and Matheson is saying that the Oilers will be pursuing Jonas Hiller in the offseason.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...k-out-in-goal/

Yes please. I'm not sure the Ducks would move him right now as they push for the playoffs and I'm not sure I'd bring him in right now either. Too much suck going on. Although having a goalie that keeps the first shot out of the net would be a major uplift to the psyche.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_smyth_94 View Post
I've been reading the Flyers boards, the fans don't seem very high on either Hartnell or Coburn. General feeling is that Hartnell is expensive and hasn't been the same since he got his new contract and that Coburn is overrated. Someone suggested a package in which we get both shouldn't cost too much except for cap space, then others are asking for Eberle+.
I'm not too sure the Oilers coaching staff or culture would be capable of bringing in a player to gain his compete level back.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:26 PM
FireMacT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Oh, and Matheson is saying that the Oilers will be pursuing Jonas Hiller in the offseason.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...k-out-in-goal/

Yes please. I'm not sure the Ducks would move him right now as they push for the playoffs and I'm not sure I'd bring him in right now either. Too much suck going on. Although having a goalie that keeps the first shot out of the net would be a major uplift to the psyche.
We did the whole "let's wait til the offseason and then sign all the good players" last year, and how did that work out? Most "to be FAs" were extended by their respective clubs, and the quality UFAs who tested the market elected to sign with competitive clubs.

In before Andrew Ference is a stud

Old
11-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
I've been interested in Ehrhoff too lately. With Buffalo seemingly in sale mode he could probably be had, and i bet it wouldn't take more than a decent pick and prospect, and perhaps Nick Schultz to even out the salaries. Even with 6 or 7 years of contract left, 4million per season is more than reasonable for a guy that can handle the minutes, put up 40 points from the blueline and quarterback the PP.

Ehrhoff for Marincin, 2015 2nd and Nick Schultz?
I'd even change the 2nd for the 2015 1st if need be. Or add a better roster player (Smid?)

Old
11-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Who exactly was my Hemsky 1.0? With comments like that it feels like you know me better than I know myself lol

I remember getting flamed a few games into the season when I said he had been out most dynamic forward in the select games I saw.
You crush Hemsky Constantly on this board, for Years, I'm just curious if Eberle's now assumed the role of personal whipping boy for you.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:36 PM
dasivon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Just my own personal assessment. He seems to have a cliquey, selfish attitude. Stories about him chirping Dubnyk at the bar, ignoring Yakupov at team functions, spazzing out and telling everyone off irrationally during games. There's no doubt he wants to win and he has drive, but I think it's more self actualizing than anything. I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. The Oilers need a leader and it can't be him.
I am a huge Taylor Hall fan and I think we are seeing just how valuable he is to this team.

However, the team did make a point of not giving him the C despite overwhelming fan "polling" seeming to suggest they thought he should get get the C. That tells me there is more to it.

Lastly, I remember a twitter feed way back when RNH started that always stuck out. He was new to the organization and tweeted something along the lines of "going out with Ebs and Hallsy for supper" or they were having him over. I thought hey this is great.

Later that night RNH tweeted, somewhat more subdued. He suggested instead that "plans fell through" and that he ate dinner alone.

Again, this is reading a lot between the lines, but the clique mentality always somewhat stuck out. How all of a sudden both Eberle and Hall bailed on RNH early into his Oilers career I will never know. It just seemed mildly inappropriate and there was a suggestion of disappointment by RNH.

Yes we see on Oil Change, when the cameras are rolling, one big happy family eating together in OKC. But I was always wondered what happens when the cameras aren't there, and if there is a division.

This team needs Hall as he brings an element that we don't have otherwise. We also need RNH. I'm sure a lot of it is kids blending together and we are seeing this disjointed compilation on the ice.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:37 PM
EberleHills90210

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
I 100% doubt Subban will not sign with Montreal. However if he for some reason didn't, I could see the oilers trade for his brother from Boston and then trade Eberle to MTL under the pretense that Subban will signs with us.
Chances are he will re-sign, but there are some skeptics out there that say he isn't happy with the way he has been treated, etc. Also some say mgmt aren't high on his immaturity... kind of doubt that's the case but if we could grab him long term, I'd give up the 4 first rounders. Not sure if I'm crazy.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Jesse Joensuu

vCash: 450
is yakupov for a 1st pairing left d realistic?

Old
11-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post
is yakupov for a 1st pairing left d realistic?
Anyone specific in mind?

Old
11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
DarkSaturn

Wonder if any NHL team would accept our entire roster in exchange for their entire roster, but then throw in the wrench that management teams also switch.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Jesse Joensuu

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Anyone specific in mind?
Yakupov and Petry packaged to Tampa for Carle, Gudas +

Old
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Heavy Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasivon View Post
I am a huge Taylor Hall fan and I think we are seeing just how valuable he is to this team.

However, the team did make a point of not giving him the C despite overwhelming fan "polling" seeming to suggest they thought he should get get the C. That tells me there is more to it.

Lastly, I remember a twitter feed way back when RNH started that always stuck out. He was new to the organization and tweeted something along the lines of "going out with Ebs and Hallsy for supper" or they were having him over. I thought hey this is great.

Later that night RNH tweeted, somewhat more subdued. He suggested instead that "plans fell through" and that he ate dinner alone.

Again, this is reading a lot between the lines, but the clique mentality always somewhat stuck out. How all of a sudden both Eberle and Hall bailed on RNH early into his Oilers career I will never know. It just seemed mildly inappropriate and there was a suggestion of disappointment by RNH.

Yes we see on Oil Change, when the cameras are rolling, one big happy family eating together in OKC. But I was always wondered what happens when the cameras aren't there, and if there is a division.

This team needs Hall as he brings an element that we don't have otherwise. We also need RNH. I'm sure a lot of it is kids blending together and we are seeing this disjointed compilation on the ice.
interesting, even if it might be a bit of a reach. i can see MacTavish dealing eberle if he thinks splitting up the golden boys will improve team chemistry. we have to be careful, tho. they did the same with torres, greene, and stoll, and it had a crushing effect on the team, essentially decimating our depth for years to come.

Closed Thread