HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
  #501
FreeRadicals
Registered User
 
FreeRadicals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
Hoping Subban doesn't sign an extension with Montreal... Potential for an offer sheet there...

Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

I'd be willing to give up four firsts for a 1 D man long term.. seems like we need a bold move like this to get rolling... too bad that couldn't even happen until next year
I 100% doubt Subban will not sign with Montreal. However if he for some reason didn't, I could see the oilers trade for his brother from Boston and then trade Eberle to MTL under the pretense that Subban will signs with us.

FreeRadicals is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
  #502
oilers_smyth_94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
I've been reading the Flyers boards, the fans don't seem very high on either Hartnell or Coburn. General feeling is that Hartnell is expensive and hasn't been the same since he got his new contract and that Coburn is overrated. Someone suggested a package in which we get both shouldn't cost too much except for cap space, then others are asking for Eberle+.

oilers_smyth_94 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 11:49 AM
  #503
s7ark
Registered User
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
Winnipeg fan here…
Would Byfuglien or Bogosian be of interest?
We are need a 1st line forwards.
Neither of those players are worth Hall, RNH, Eberle or Yakupov, imo. Bogosian looks like he'll never be more than a 3/4 guy because of his lack of hockey sense, and Byfuglien doesn't bring the shut down ability we need in a top pairing D.

But Oiler fans are so desperate to win some games that they will agree to near anything these days. So you will find posters interested.

s7ark is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
  #504
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 81
How about something around Gagner and D Roman Josi? (granted his concussion stuff is all cleared out)

Josi is a young D-man who has pretty good top-pairing potential. He played tough minutes along side Weber last season. He's signed long term to a good deal.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
  #505
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
There's no team in the league who will trade a number one D man, or even a potential one for Eberle straight up.
Maybe not a Weber or Karlsson or Subban, but if there's a team out there that's deep at d and needs scoring, i think something could be done. Bogosian would be an example (sounds like he's struggling in WPG).

Personally, I'd like to see the Oilers bundle up some prospects and picks for Erhroff. I doubt you'd even need one of the main kids to pry him loose.

Moose Coleman is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
  #506
s7ark
Registered User
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
How about something around Gagner and D Roman Josi? (granted his concussion stuff is all cleared out)

Josi is a young D-man who has pretty good top-pairing potential. He played tough minutes along side Weber last season. He's signed long term to a good deal.
Could just be me, but I am wary of picking up any top pairing D that only looked like a top pairing D when they were playing with a true number 1.

Edit: And count me in on the Ehrhoff idea. He'd be a great pick up, and I don't think he'd cost one of our kids

s7ark is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:05 PM
  #507
dem
Registered User
 
dem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,491
vCash: 500
I'd imagine MacT can't sit around much longer waiting for this team to get better. I understand not making a panic move.. but its gotten ridiculous. He has to do something.

dem is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
  #508
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 500
I'd be interested in Josi for sure.

What about Marchand?

dustrock is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:13 PM
  #509
Soli
Moderator
"Punish & Enslave"
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12,776
vCash: 500
Oilers hit the beach for Fall break in Ft Lauderdale vs the Panthers

@Bob_Stauffer
Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov, Hemsky-RNH-Eberle, Jones-Gordon-Arcobello, Gazdic-Acron-Eager

Lines that make sense? Is this a dream? I dunno where else to put this.

Soli is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM
  #510
Matt19Oilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Maybe not a Weber or Karlsson or Subban, but if there's a team out there that's deep at d and needs scoring, i think something could be done. Bogosian would be an example (sounds like he's struggling in WPG).

Personally, I'd like to see the Oilers bundle up some prospects and picks for Erhroff. I doubt you'd even need one of the main kids to pry him loose.
I've been interested in Ehrhoff too lately. With Buffalo seemingly in sale mode he could probably be had, and i bet it wouldn't take more than a decent pick and prospect, and perhaps Nick Schultz to even out the salaries. Even with 6 or 7 years of contract left, 4million per season is more than reasonable for a guy that can handle the minutes, put up 40 points from the blueline and quarterback the PP.

Ehrhoff for Marincin, 2015 2nd and Nick Schultz?

Matt19Oilers is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
  #511
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
I'd imagine MacT can't sit around much longer waiting for this team to get better. I understand not making a panic move.. but its gotten ridiculous. He has to do something.
he will, it just won't be soon.... or at least it *shouldn't* be soon anyhow... this season is already toast, why make a trade when we are desperate and all the players value is about as low as possible?

the off-season is when changes will be made.... this season is (very pathetically and sadly) already gonzo

jadeddog is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
  #512
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,635
vCash: 500
I like Josi, but I think the Oilers should be more focused on established veteran players. Relying on another 23 year old is just compounding the issues this team already faces.

40oz is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
  #513
Bergeron47
Registered User
 
Bergeron47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Is Eberle your Hemsky 2.0 now?
Who exactly was my Hemsky 1.0? With comments like that it feels like you know me better than I know myself lol

I remember getting flamed a few games into the season when I said he had been out most dynamic forward in the select games I saw.

Bergeron47 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
  #514
Soli
Moderator
"Punish & Enslave"
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12,776
vCash: 500
Oh, and Matheson is saying that the Oilers will be pursuing Jonas Hiller in the offseason.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...k-out-in-goal/

Yes please. I'm not sure the Ducks would move him right now as they push for the playoffs and I'm not sure I'd bring him in right now either. Too much suck going on. Although having a goalie that keeps the first shot out of the net would be a major uplift to the psyche.

Soli is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
  #515
Bergeron47
Registered User
 
Bergeron47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_smyth_94 View Post
I've been reading the Flyers boards, the fans don't seem very high on either Hartnell or Coburn. General feeling is that Hartnell is expensive and hasn't been the same since he got his new contract and that Coburn is overrated. Someone suggested a package in which we get both shouldn't cost too much except for cap space, then others are asking for Eberle+.
I'm not too sure the Oilers coaching staff or culture would be capable of bringing in a player to gain his compete level back.

Bergeron47 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:26 PM
  #516
FireMacT
Registered User
 
FireMacT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: also fire KLowe
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Oh, and Matheson is saying that the Oilers will be pursuing Jonas Hiller in the offseason.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...k-out-in-goal/

Yes please. I'm not sure the Ducks would move him right now as they push for the playoffs and I'm not sure I'd bring him in right now either. Too much suck going on. Although having a goalie that keeps the first shot out of the net would be a major uplift to the psyche.
We did the whole "let's wait til the offseason and then sign all the good players" last year, and how did that work out? Most "to be FAs" were extended by their respective clubs, and the quality UFAs who tested the market elected to sign with competitive clubs.

In before Andrew Ference is a stud

FireMacT is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  #517
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
I've been interested in Ehrhoff too lately. With Buffalo seemingly in sale mode he could probably be had, and i bet it wouldn't take more than a decent pick and prospect, and perhaps Nick Schultz to even out the salaries. Even with 6 or 7 years of contract left, 4million per season is more than reasonable for a guy that can handle the minutes, put up 40 points from the blueline and quarterback the PP.

Ehrhoff for Marincin, 2015 2nd and Nick Schultz?
I'd even change the 2nd for the 2015 1st if need be. Or add a better roster player (Smid?)

Moose Coleman is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:34 PM
  #518
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Who exactly was my Hemsky 1.0? With comments like that it feels like you know me better than I know myself lol

I remember getting flamed a few games into the season when I said he had been out most dynamic forward in the select games I saw.
You crush Hemsky Constantly on this board, for Years, I'm just curious if Eberle's now assumed the role of personal whipping boy for you.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:36 PM
  #519
dasivon
Registered User
 
dasivon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Spruce Grove, AB
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Just my own personal assessment. He seems to have a cliquey, selfish attitude. Stories about him chirping Dubnyk at the bar, ignoring Yakupov at team functions, spazzing out and telling everyone off irrationally during games. There's no doubt he wants to win and he has drive, but I think it's more self actualizing than anything. I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. The Oilers need a leader and it can't be him.
I am a huge Taylor Hall fan and I think we are seeing just how valuable he is to this team.

However, the team did make a point of not giving him the C despite overwhelming fan "polling" seeming to suggest they thought he should get get the C. That tells me there is more to it.

Lastly, I remember a twitter feed way back when RNH started that always stuck out. He was new to the organization and tweeted something along the lines of "going out with Ebs and Hallsy for supper" or they were having him over. I thought hey this is great.

Later that night RNH tweeted, somewhat more subdued. He suggested instead that "plans fell through" and that he ate dinner alone.

Again, this is reading a lot between the lines, but the clique mentality always somewhat stuck out. How all of a sudden both Eberle and Hall bailed on RNH early into his Oilers career I will never know. It just seemed mildly inappropriate and there was a suggestion of disappointment by RNH.

Yes we see on Oil Change, when the cameras are rolling, one big happy family eating together in OKC. But I was always wondered what happens when the cameras aren't there, and if there is a division.

This team needs Hall as he brings an element that we don't have otherwise. We also need RNH. I'm sure a lot of it is kids blending together and we are seeing this disjointed compilation on the ice.

dasivon is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:37 PM
  #520
EberleHills90210
Registered User
 
EberleHills90210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
I 100% doubt Subban will not sign with Montreal. However if he for some reason didn't, I could see the oilers trade for his brother from Boston and then trade Eberle to MTL under the pretense that Subban will signs with us.
Chances are he will re-sign, but there are some skeptics out there that say he isn't happy with the way he has been treated, etc. Also some say mgmt aren't high on his immaturity... kind of doubt that's the case but if we could grab him long term, I'd give up the 4 first rounders. Not sure if I'm crazy.

EberleHills90210 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:42 PM
  #521
Jesse Joensuu
Registered User
 
Jesse Joensuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 411
vCash: 450
is yakupov for a 1st pairing left d realistic?

Jesse Joensuu is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:45 PM
  #522
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post
is yakupov for a 1st pairing left d realistic?
Anyone specific in mind?

Moose Coleman is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
  #523
DarkSaturn
Registered User
 
DarkSaturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Wonder if any NHL team would accept our entire roster in exchange for their entire roster, but then throw in the wrench that management teams also switch.

DarkSaturn is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
  #524
Jesse Joensuu
Registered User
 
Jesse Joensuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 411
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Anyone specific in mind?
Yakupov and Petry packaged to Tampa for Carle, Gudas +

Jesse Joensuu is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
  #525
Heavy Dee
Registered User
 
Heavy Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasivon View Post
I am a huge Taylor Hall fan and I think we are seeing just how valuable he is to this team.

However, the team did make a point of not giving him the C despite overwhelming fan "polling" seeming to suggest they thought he should get get the C. That tells me there is more to it.

Lastly, I remember a twitter feed way back when RNH started that always stuck out. He was new to the organization and tweeted something along the lines of "going out with Ebs and Hallsy for supper" or they were having him over. I thought hey this is great.

Later that night RNH tweeted, somewhat more subdued. He suggested instead that "plans fell through" and that he ate dinner alone.

Again, this is reading a lot between the lines, but the clique mentality always somewhat stuck out. How all of a sudden both Eberle and Hall bailed on RNH early into his Oilers career I will never know. It just seemed mildly inappropriate and there was a suggestion of disappointment by RNH.

Yes we see on Oil Change, when the cameras are rolling, one big happy family eating together in OKC. But I was always wondered what happens when the cameras aren't there, and if there is a division.

This team needs Hall as he brings an element that we don't have otherwise. We also need RNH. I'm sure a lot of it is kids blending together and we are seeing this disjointed compilation on the ice.
interesting, even if it might be a bit of a reach. i can see MacTavish dealing eberle if he thinks splitting up the golden boys will improve team chemistry. we have to be careful, tho. they did the same with torres, greene, and stoll, and it had a crushing effect on the team, essentially decimating our depth for years to come.

Heavy Dee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.