HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2013, 01:02 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
AFAIC, Yakupov is only on the table if McDonaugh is. If the best the Rangers are offering is Girardi, Yakupov should stay an Oiler. Hemsky for Girardi would be of interest though.

And no interest in Staal because he's going to join his brothers in Carolina the first chance he gets.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:03 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
What is with people thinking the Oilers are going to deal Yakupov for a soon-to-be UFA?
we have all collectively decided to go bat **** crazy

Old
11-05-2013, 01:05 PM
oilersrule14

I would trade Yaks + whatever defensive prospect they want for Staal and Kreider. I assume they wouldn't need someone that could play right away, as they have a decent amount of talent on their back end...but if they did, no problem sending Schultz or another bottom pairing guy their way. I love Yaks, but Staal would be a huge addition to our d-corps, and Kreider is a big physical power forward in the making. Fills a lot of holes on our team. Of course, I'd take McDonagh too, but there's no reason to trade him, he's playing well right now and they obviously committed to him.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:08 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Yak + J. Schultz + Smid for McDonagh + Kreider + Del Zotto

Yak < McDonagh
Smid <= Kreider
J. Schultz > Del Zotto
To acquire those three players we are looking at having to give up Eberle, Yakupov, J.Schultz.

We would have to add to Eberle alone just to get Mcdonagh.

Eberle
Yakupov
J.Schultz

Mcdonagh
Kreider
Del Zotto
Boyle

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Perron-Gagner-Kreider
Joensuu-Gordon-Arcobello
Gazdic-Boyle-Pitlick

Belov-Mcdonagh
Del Zotto-Petry
Belov-Larsen
N.Schultz

Old
11-05-2013, 01:10 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Rangers won't move Mcdonaugh. not sure why we are talking about it. Del Zotto is good but he is basically Justin Schultz, we don't need him.

Big trade with Buffalo. Stafford and Erhoff for whatever they want.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Matt19Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
if every dman on our roster moved down 2 pegs they would be a very good defence, the problem is they are playing over thier heads. Petry is a good #2, excellent 3. were playing him as a 1
Agreed once again. Petry wouldn't take near as much **** around here if he wasn't being asked to play over his head. Despite some recent struggles, he's actually been doing pretty well, but we desperately need to bring in one guy better than him to move him to #2, and LT, Nurse can become a 1/2 and make Petry the 3.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:23 PM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

This really is an Oilers move, buy high and sell low. That's why our organization will forever meddle in mediocrity or worse with this management team.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:27 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Rangers won't move Mcdonaugh. not sure why we are talking about it. Del Zotto is good but he is basically Justin Schultz, we don't need him.

Big trade with Buffalo. Stafford and Erhoff for whatever they want.
Probably not. And that is why we shouldn't be talking about Yakupov either.

Ehrhoff I like, but not sure what Stafford brings. Not enough defense and grit to be a bottom 6 winger for us, not enough skill to bump anyone out of our top 6.

Last edited by s7ark: 11-05-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
11-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Matt19Oilers

I'm of the opinion that an Oiler-Buffalo trade should involve:

Gagner, N. Schultz, Marincin + a pick if necessary for Ehrhoff and Ott.

Grab Paul Stastny as a UFA to fill the void at 2C.

I understand the risk in this, but grabbing Ott AND Ehrhoff could be a game changer for this team.
And if the season is already lost, who cares that Gagner is gone: Arcobello can slide in there and doesn't need to light it up in the meantime before we grab Paul Stastny. Hell, Ott could even fill 2C in the mean time.

I know this is unlikely to happen, so maybe the best move would just be to wait until the offseason: sign Stastny first and throw in something else instead of N. Schultz to make this deal.

Last edited by Matt19Oilers: 11-05-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old
11-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
To acquire those three players we are looking at having to give up Eberle, Yakupov, J.Schultz.

We would have to add to Eberle alone just to get Mcdonagh.

Eberle
Yakupov
J.Schultz

Mcdonagh
Kreider
Del Zotto
Boyle
Well then why would you do that? That's far too high a price to pay.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:44 PM
OiledUp

Yaks value is probably as low as it will get in his career so trading him now is likely bad asset management.
Most Oilers trade value is so so as of now. The two players I feel still holds good trade value vis--vis their actual value are Ebs and Petry. I guess RNH and Hall still are pretty close to value but a trading partner could argue the injury angle.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

I would do Eberle + Smid/Petry for McDonagh

Old
11-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Everest

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...-rangers-radar

There is NOTHING to substantiate Yakupov actually being "shopped". Just a lot of stat-glancing by everyone and when they see Yakupov's lack of production after only a dozen games...people assume the Oilers have "soured" on him. Its silly talk, IMO.

Hemsky is clearly the far more tradable piece. And if were adding something to a Hemsky trade...I would think next years 1rst round pick would be up for discussion before the guy we took ONLY 2 years ago.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM
duul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
Well then why would you do that? That's far too high a price to pay.
No it isn't. Mcdonagh would be our best defenceman by far and we have an abundance of skilled, weak RW's.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
tiger_80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQF2ahK6laM

This is Nail Yakupov a few months ago.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:22 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post

EXACTLY... put him back on the RW (where he is clearly more comfortable) and then give him more than half a seasons worth of games to see what kind of player he is

unless we are getting a LEGIT #1 dman coming back for yak, there is no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks that i trade him

Old
11-05-2013, 02:22 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
No it isn't. Mcdonagh would be our best defenceman by far and we have an abundance of skilled, weak RW's.
I mean no offense by this, but your opinion of Oilers player value really makes me chuckle sometimes.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Maybe both teams would do Hemsky for Girardi?

Old
11-05-2013, 02:25 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

McDonagh is probably one of the few "1B" d-men we could even fathom getting, and even then, I agree that NYR probably won't do it unless it's a crazy overpay.

Premier d-men seem to be a rarity these days and even if the Oilers were in the playoffs right now, I think the Oilers or any team would be paying a hefty premium.

Buffalo may be the exception for Ehrhoff, and even then, they could easily sell to the highest bidder - i.e. most prospects/draft picks.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
EXACTLY... put him back on the RW (where he is clearly more comfortable) and then give him more than half a seasons worth of games to see what kind of player he is

unless we are getting a LEGIT #1 dman coming back for yak, there is no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks that i trade him
Totally agree.

But Hemsky + our 1rst rounder should get something substantial out of NYR. I HOPE that's what Mac-T is offering.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:

He's not getting any of these chances this year. He's fanning on shots and fumbling the puck over and over again. It's actually hard to believe how badly he's played this year.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Ukgoalie

Girardi, kreider, Boyle and a conditional 1st (dependent on girardi resigning)

For
Yak, hemsky and potter

Would need to do a second deal to shift a contract or 2

Could include smid if mdz was involved

No point in trying for McD

Old
11-05-2013, 02:30 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post

Much of the blame lies with Eakins, I think. He's not utilizing his players properly. RNH and Hall should be very good two way players in a few years, but they are not there yet. They brought in Gordon to do heavy lifting. They should have brought in at least another strong checking winger to help Gordon out and allow RNH, Eberle, Yakupov and others play softer minutes.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:

Smyth on the draw at 1:40. Holy **** Ryan, that was unreal.

But ya, Yak - Gagner + someone to play defense should work just fine. Or y'know, last years super effective Hall - Gagner - Yak

Old
11-05-2013, 02:31 PM
duul

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I mean no offense by this, but your opinion of Oilers player value really makes me chuckle sometimes.
It's a lot harder to rationally gauge our players value than it is to keep the homer glasses on. Every team in the league knows we are desperate for defenceman. Every team in the league knows what our players bring. Mcdonagh is a #1 defenceman and a stud. Eberle is a very talented yet weak, small, non physical RW. There are an abundance of these players in the league like Eberle, however there are hardly any defenceman like Mcdonagh.

Almost everyone on HfOil overrates our players and for good reason; they only watch our team consistently. Go over to the main boards or ask people who watch hockey every single night. Jordan Eberle is not enough value to acquire someone like Mcdonagh. MacT is not going to be able to swing a deal for a top defenceman unless we overpay greatly in the fans eyes.

I don't take offence to anything said on the internet s7ark, don't worry. The thing is I watch a lot of hockey, definitely more than most people here. Eberle is easily neutralized and every GM in the league knows his value. I really hope we see him some of our top players traded because we are not acquiring top end skill for them alone.

Actually take a hard look tonight at our players. Watch Eberle lose battles and miss easy assignments in our zone. He's a complimentary player on an actually good team. The reason I offer him up in so many proposals is that he can probably net us a lot of value in comparison to Hemsky and Yakupov, yet isn't really that much better than them. We can afford to trade a RW so it might as well be him. We can acquire a good defenceman and a gritty skilled forward for him probably. We are not getting anywhere close to a return of Subban, Letang etc for Eberle. Not even close.

You probably don't watch Columbus play, but they have players that are a lot better than ours. I'm high on Tyutin, because he is far better than any d-man we have. He is outstanding but since nobody here has really heard of him you probably assume he is average at best. Look at Dubinsky. He is a warrior and has enough talent to play in the top 6. Put Dubinsky with any of Hall, RNH, Gagner, Perron, Hemsky and he will win the battles more often than not and get our top skill players the puck.

Our team needs balance, and people like Eberle need to leave and we need players like Dubinsky here.

Last edited by duul: 11-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Closed Thread