HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2013, 01:48 AM
belair

vCash: 500
Get Brian Campbell

Old
11-06-2013, 01:54 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
No Del Zotto please...we have enough soft puck movers

We need defensive dmen with an edge
Agreed. I want guy who knows what defence means.

Old
11-06-2013, 02:03 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Agreed. I want guy who knows what defence means.
He'd EASILY become our best defenceman. He knows how to play defence despite what some think. Hes also not soft, like Jeff number one Petry.

Old
11-06-2013, 02:07 AM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
He'd EASILY become our best defenceman. He knows how to play defence despite what some think. Hes also not soft, like Jeff number one Petry.
In what universe is Petry soft? Del Zotto would be a good guy to pick up, but he's still a step just below Petry

11-06-2013, 02:09 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
In what universe is Petry soft? Del Zotto would be a good guy to pick up, but he's still a step just below Petry
I don't know how in any way Petry can be classified a "step" above Dell Zotto.

Old
11-06-2013, 03:22 AM
Horseradish

How can you people purport to be hockey fans and still think that Del Zotto is as good defensively as Petry...?!

And soft?!

For crying out loud, we're gonna run another legit top-4 d-man out of town (on the heels of Gilbert, Visnovsky, Brewer <well on his way before the Pronger trade came along>, Poti, etc.).

We, as a fan base, don't deserve good d-men. We just run them out of town if they don't have a carved up face and knuckles.

Old
11-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Matt19Oilers

Sign Stastny, Hiller, Trevor Lewis, Emery
Re-sign Hemsky

Gagner, Marincin, 2015 2nd, + whatever else to balance out for Ehrhoff and Ott

Eberle for Simmonds and Rinaldo

Hall-RNH-Simmonds
Perron-Stastny-Yakupov
Ott-Gordon-Hemsky
Joensuu-Lewis-Pitlick

Ehrhoff-Petry
Smid-XXX
Ference-J. Schultz

Hiller
Emery

The XXX is: Ekblad if we end up tanking badly enough to get him OR Klefbom if ready OR a UFA #4 d-man.

The Ott and Ehrhoff move in particular could be a game changer for this franchise.

Old
11-06-2013, 03:43 AM
thinlizzy

Hemsky isn't re signing here. Trade him to fill our holes.

Old
11-06-2013, 03:48 AM
Broilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post
Hemsky isn't re signing here. Trade him to fill our holes.
I think that only thing we can get is a draft pick probably 2nd. If he plays better we can get 1st rounder. Mybe aprospevt can be in the play

Old
11-06-2013, 04:28 AM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
I don't know how in any way Petry can be classified a "step" above Dell Zotto.
Well if you think defensemen should play defense it's pretty obvious

Old
11-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Heavy Dee

Yak for Jared Cowan and Curtis lazar. I would make this deal.

Old
11-06-2013, 08:46 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 161
Quote:
Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 15m
Re Omark. Maybe trade of forwards for defence and/or goaltender coming down this morning.
I hope that Jones isn't as lost as he usually is.

Old
11-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
What skill? Hall does the same toe drag move that gets picked off 1000 times. Hemsky is 30 and will never be an elite offensive producer because all of the weird quirks in his game. They should trade him now before he inevitably injures himself again (I give it 10 more games). If I was him I'd just sign elsewhere in the summer anyway, he needs a change of scenery in the worst way.

Perron is an OK second liner.

Nugent Hopkins is the only elite offensive player left IMO and he honestly doesn't even play that well with Hall. He needs a one shot scorer to be paired with, Hall is not that player.

That forward corps isn't scaring anyone. There isn't one high end finisher in the bunch.
Terrible post. You talk about Hall as if he wasn't top 10 in scoring last season (he was), and 8 points in 9 games this season isn't exactly terrible. He does turn over the puck a great deal, he also scores a great deal as well. If you called him a mediocre or bad defensive player, I would probably agree, but he also has elite hands, his stats speak for themselves

Eberle has consistently put up very good points totals. People whine and moan that he doesn't have a commitment to defence and all this other stuff. Frankly, if you're putting up big points, is this really the most important consideration? The Oilers are bleeding goals, but let's get real here, this isn't on the shoulders of Jordan Eberle, horrendous goaltending and defence are way more responsible.

Yakupov has definitely regressed, but let's not write him off after 13 games, lots of young players get into funks early in their career, this isn't only an Oilers problem. I still think the talent is there to get to 40 goals a season. It certainly won't happen this season, but you trade Yakupov now for a crappy return, and you are writing off a 1st overall pick based on 13 games, his rookie season was fine.

The Oilers have a million and one problems, not having finishers is not one of them. If Yakupov kicks his funk, special teams improve and we have a few less injuries, this could easily be a top 10 goals for team in the league. I'm sure not all three of these things will happen, but 1 or 2 could.

Old
11-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
A little less conversation and a little more action would be nice to see from management.
\

unfortunately, the ergency to save the season ended with the 4-0 loss to the Leafs. Now, Mact can take his sweet *ss time, waiting for the right deal, and all us fans can start taking about the draft and trade proposals.

I'm gonna take up World or Warcraft.

Old
11-06-2013, 09:59 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
MDZ would be our #2 for sure.

But I'm not trading any of the kids for him.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:13 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
MDZ would be our #2 for sure.

But I'm not trading any of the kids for him.
Beside the kids--most of our team is crap and I do not see the NYR doing us a favour

Old
11-06-2013, 10:17 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Like I posted the other day, I'm moving Eberle.

Nuge is our best player.
Hall's on ice compete level cannot be matched.
Yakupov is a dynamic scorer.

I'd move Ebs if we can get a sure fire 1st pairing d-man back

Old
11-06-2013, 10:28 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Devils fan looking to gauge some of your player values. I'd be interested in uniting Hemsky with the Czechs (Elias/Jagr).

Would Hemksy for Mark Fayne and a 3rd or fourth rounder work? What about Mark Fayne and someone like Ryan Carter?

I understand his value has taken a significant hit because of his poor play and his contract. What would you deem acceptable from NJ?

Old
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Like I posted the other day, I'm moving Eberle.

Nuge is our best player.
Hall's on ice compete level cannot be matched.
Yakupov is a dynamic scorer.

I'd move Ebs if we can get a sure fire 1st pairing d-man back
I honestly doubt there's any teams willing to give up a sure fire 1st pairing d-man for one of our kids. A project like a Larsson or Gubardson, maybe, or an older vet in decline, but not the kind of stud we need. Let's face it: on the D side, we're probably stuck waiting for Klefa and Nurse. That said, we can probably muddle through till then if we get an upgrade in goal and a bit of g-d luck with injuries.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:40 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

With the Omark call up, I just hope MacT hasn't done anything stupid. If Yakupov or Eberle have been moved I will lose my mind unless a top pairing young D is coming back.

Goaltending should be our top priority. With Dubnyk's garbage play again last night, that is the hole MacT should be looking at first. N Schultz or Hemsky would be the obvious players to go.

Last edited by s7ark: 11-06-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old
11-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Devils fan looking to gauge some of your player values. I'd be interested in uniting Hemsky with the Czechs (Elias/Jagr).

Would Hemksy for Mark Fayne and a 3rd or fourth rounder work? What about Mark Fayne and someone like Ryan Carter?

I understand his value has taken a significant hit because of his poor play and his contract. What would you deem acceptable from NJ?
Poor play? he has been our best player offensively. If there's one thing that hinders his value, it is the price tag but he's on a one year deal, so many teams wouldn't care anyways. Hemsky would immediately be the 2nd most skilled forward on the Devils with the dangles and passes he can produce.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Poor play? he has been our best player offensively. If there's one thing that hinders his value, it is the price tag but he's on a one year deal, so many teams wouldn't care anyways. Hemsky would immediately be the 2nd most skilled forward on the Devils with the dangles and passes he can produce.
I know you guys have a pretty bad D situation and goalie situation but a minus 11 is pretty concerning. Equally concerning is his extensive injury history and his unwillingness (inability?) to play any defense at all.

I think if you're price tag is 2nd round pick territory well Mark Fayne was a 2nd round pick. I don't think you're getting anything substantial for Hemsky all things considered. He's been on a steep decline, whether or not it's aided by injuries, for years now.

The "change of scenery" argument is one I agree with, however, it's not going to be something that would motivate Lou to trade much for the guy.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post

Edmonton has plenty of depth Dmen. What we need is a top pairing Dman and we know that Hemsky cant land us one.
Fayne would be added to the pile we already have..
Petry\Smid\Ference\Schultz1\Schultz2\Belov .. Larsen and Fedun have looked decent, Grebeshkov and Potter are signed.. Marincin and Klefbom are coming down the pipe and Nurse might be pushing for a spot again next year.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
With the Omark call up, I just hope MacT hasn't done anything stupid. If Yakupov or Eberle have been moved I will lose my mind unless a top pairing young D is coming back.

Goaltending should be our top priority. With Dubnyk's garbage play again last night, that is the hole MacT should be looking at first. N Schultz or Hemsky would be the obvious players to go.
Agreed. At least need someone to stop the bleeding until a long term solution can be found.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Petro Points

After the stinker Dubnyk let in last nigh, if I am Eakins I would go up to MacT and threaten to play with 6 skaters all game until he gets me a NHL goalie.

No idea whats going on in Dubey's head but that goal was brutal. Expecting your skaters to play behind such goaltending with any confidence is very unfair

Closed Thread