HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2013, 09:57 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Edmonton has plenty of depth Dmen. What we need is a top pairing Dman and we know that Hemsky cant land us one.
Fayne would be added to the pile we already have..
Petry\Smid\Ference\Schultz1\Schultz2\Belov .. Larsen and Fedun have looked decent, Grebeshkov and Potter are signed.. Marincin and Klefbom are coming down the pipe and Nurse might be pushing for a spot again next year.
OK then I suppose there's no match here. Are there any secondary holes you guys are looking to fill? Defensive-minded forwards maybe? NJ is loaded with defensive minded forwards. We have a handful of goalie prospects as well. Kinkaid, Wedgewood, Cleremont are some guys that are certainly way more expendable now than they were prior to the Schnieder trade.

If you're looking for a pick for Hemsky would a third or second be acceptable? Maybe a third or fourth if you get a prospect back?

Old
11-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
I know you guys have a pretty bad D situation and goalie situation but a minus 11 is pretty concerning. Equally concerning is his extensive injury history and his unwillingness (inability?) to play any defense at all.

I think if you're price tag is 2nd round pick territory well Mark Fayne was a 2nd round pick. I don't think you're getting anything substantial for Hemsky all things considered. He's been on a steep decline, whether or not it's aided by injuries, for years now.

The "change of scenery" argument is one I agree with, however, it's not going to be something that would motivate Lou to trade much for the guy.
You obviously don't know the Oilers if you think Hemsky isn't willing to play the defensive side of hockey. He was put on our PK many times the last two years. He is one forward I consider to be a decent defensive player. The minus comes from the team playing poorly, not just him. Look at our defence and you'll see they are worse on the minus side, plus plus/minus doesn't tell you the whole player. It can only tell you a litle bit of him. Yes, Hesmky did have an injury history 4 YEARS AGO but since then, he has played almost every game.

I am not saying he deserves a 1st and top prospect by any means, but he is a lot more useful and reliable than you put him as.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:05 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
OK then I suppose there's no match here. Are there any secondary holes you guys are looking to fill? Defensive-minded forwards maybe? NJ is loaded with defensive minded forwards. We have a handful of goalie prospects as well. Kinkaid, Wedgewood, Cleremont are some guys that are certainly way more expendable now than they were prior to the Schnieder trade.

If you're looking for a pick for Hemsky would a third or second be acceptable? Maybe a third or fourth if you get a prospect back?
Just stop it. Going on another team's forum and offering peanuts for players rarely goes well.

Hemsky is worth more than a 3rd round pick and a prospect. Some team looking for top 6 help will trade for him at the deadline, assuming he doesn't get injured. He's played quite well this season.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:05 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
You obviously don't know the Oilers if you think Hemsky isn't willing to play the defensive side of hockey. He was put on our PK many times the last two years. He is one forward I consider to be a decent defensive player. The minus comes from the team playing poorly, not just him. Look at our defence and you'll see they are worse on the minus side, plus plus/minus doesn't tell you the whole player. It can only tell you a litle bit of him. Yes, Hesmky did have an injury history 4 YEARS AGO but since then, he has played almost every game.

I am not saying he deserves a 1st and top prospect by any means, but he is a lot more useful and reliable than you put him as.
I think you're jumping to conclusions. I never said he wasn't useful. Clearly if I'm interested as a Devils fan I think he's useful. However I think you're overestimating his defensive play. I don't watch as many Edmonton games as you do but I've read a few articles and taken a look at some of his numbers and his propensity to turnover the puck and his inability to generate giveaways from the forward position (in the neutral zone) are concerns that would be magnified in New Jersey (given the "system" we play).

I acknowledged that your defense and goalie might be making him look pretty poor. Which is why my offers are right around what you think he'll return (not a first or top prospect but maybe a tier below that).

Not coming in here to tell you the guy sucks.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:07 AM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Devils fan looking to gauge some of your player values. I'd be interested in uniting Hemsky with the Czechs (Elias/Jagr).

Would Hemksy for Mark Fayne and a 3rd or fourth rounder work? What about Mark Fayne and someone like Ryan Carter?

I understand his value has taken a significant hit because of his poor play and his contract. What would you deem acceptable from NJ?
He hasn't been playing poorly, but I do agree that his trade value is low. I'd attribute most of that to his contract (both cap hit and term) as well as his injury history though, and not at all because of his play.

MacTavish knows his value to a team, but I don't think the other GMs in the league share his opinion, so I don't see him being traded before the deadline. And if he goes at the deadline, it'll be for what all players are traded for at the deadline. Probably a 2nd round pick or a prospect.

Even if the Devils don't trade for him (and I don't think they will), I could actually see them as being the team that signs him in the offseason.

11-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Eberle + J. Schultz + Smid + Hemsky for Simmonds + Coburn + Schenn

Eberle > Schenn
J. Schultz + Hemsky = Simmonds
Smid < Coburn

Hall - RNH - Simmonds
Perron - Schenn - Yakupov
Joenssu - Gordon - Gagner
Smyth - Arco - Pitlick/Gazdic

Coburn - Petry
Belov - Fedun
Ference - Larsen

Dat skilled two-way grit up front. Beautiful. Plus no real drop off on D, I would argue an upgrade cause Coburn > Smid, and Larsen isn't too far off from J. Schultz
That is insane, just when did Wayne Simmons become lucic, or benn, or alike?

Getting rid of J schultz right now would be totally asinine.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Dee View Post
Yak for Jared Cowan and Curtis lazar. I would make this deal.
Ottawa sees Cowen as Karlsson's partner for their top pairing down the road. And considering the Sens defensive troubles so far this year, I'd be shocked if they'd do this deal. At the very least, you'd have to send a D man back. Maybe Smid.

Getting Lazar would be a huge steal though. He is another guy that the entire org is very high on. He impressed at TC this year.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
Ottawa sees Cowen as Karlsson's partner for their top pairing down the road. And considering the Sens defensive troubles so far this year, I'd be shocked if they'd do this deal. At the very least, you'd have to send a D man back. Maybe Smid.

Getting Lazar would be a huge steal though. He is another guy that the entire org is very high on. He impressed at TC this year.
I wonder if they'd do Lazar, Cowan and a 1st for Nail and Smid?

11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

How about a Crazy Deal with Ottawa

To OTT: Yapukov, Dubnyk, N. Schultz and Marincin

To EDM: Lenher, Methot and Smith

Old
11-06-2013, 10:22 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
How about a Crazy Deal with Ottawa

To OTT: Yapukov, Dubnyk, N. Schultz and Marincin

To EDM: Lenher, Methot and Smith
Crazy as in MacT lost his mind?

Old
11-06-2013, 10:26 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
‏@FriedgeHNIC3m
BTW, Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish attended PHI/CAR last night. Now, we can start some new rumours.

I wonder if MacT has circled back to Coburn?

Hemsky for Coburn....Flyers probably wouldn't bite.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Skm

Man there are some bad proposals being tossed around in here lately.

I know we are becoming a desperate bunch but try to think big picture. Also consider the needs of the other team...

Old
11-06-2013, 10:27 AM
cpnfantstk

You don't ever trade a number one draft pick so soon. Yakupov has not played a full season yet. He deserves the time our other number one picks were given to get their game developed. He has the potential to score 30 + goals a season. Only a small handful of players are capable of that . I'd say give him more time.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
oilersrule14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
‏@FriedgeHNIC3m
BTW, Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish attended PHI/CAR last night. Now, we can start some new rumours.

I thought they were going to NYI/WAS last night...this is getting amusing lol.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
rockinghockey

I was thinking also, what would be a fair deal to send Yak to Ottawa where we get back Lazar but not sure what they could add as they are hurting for dmen also. I am trying to work out a deal that will help us a bit now but also in a few years.

Please help me out that both teams would like!!!!
EDM
Lazar- We all know about this kid he would be the perfect 2C or 3C for sure for years to come.
Zibanejad-Big centreman adds size to our top 6 and the kid still has plenty of time to get better
Smith-Signed to a nice contract for 3 more years and is good on the not. He would be perfect for the 3rd line LW, can also add some points and would be a nice addition on the PK.

To OTT
Yak
N.Schultz-They need defensive help and veterns for the back end and I think he would add that.

I know that we are giving up Yak but the pieces coming back I think makes us a better team and more balance.

Thoughts, what would you change?

Old
11-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Oil In My Veins

Daydreaming here - and let me preface this by saying that I haven't gone back to read all the other trade proposals so I do apologize if any of these have been suggested already:

2014 1st & 2nd round picks, Klefbom, N. Schultz & Eager for Ehrhoff and Ott

Yakupov & Petry for Gudbranson

Smid & Hemsky for Girardi & Kreider

O. Roy & Jones for Hiller

Leaving us with:

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Ott - Arcobello - Perron
Kreider - Gordon - Gagner
Smyth/Gazdic/Joensuu - Acton - Omark

Ehrhoff - Gudbranson
Ference - Girardi
Belov - J. Schultz

Hiller/Dubnyk

Flame away...

Old
11-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Crazy as in MacT lost his mind?
Maybe, they get a young starting goalie, a top-4 defenseman who's physical and a middle/bottom-6 with a ton of grit and can play in most situations.

It's selling a little low, but it would shake things up and would generally improve the team.

Last edited by Jimmi McJenkins: 11-06-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
I think you're jumping to conclusions. I never said he wasn't useful. Clearly if I'm interested as a Devils fan I think he's useful. However I think you're overestimating his defensive play. I don't watch as many Edmonton games as you do but I've read a few articles and taken a look at some of his numbers and his propensity to turnover the puck and his inability to generate giveaways from the forward position (in the neutral zone) are concerns that would be magnified in New Jersey (given the "system" we play).

I acknowledged that your defense and goalie might be making him look pretty poor. Which is why my offers are right around what you think he'll return (not a first or top prospect but maybe a tier below that).

Not coming in here to tell you the guy sucks.
His numbers this season are 14 takeaways (tied for 8th in the league) with only 7 giveaways or +7 in that department.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:40 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Daydreaming here - and let me preface this by saying that I haven't gone back to read all the other trade proposals so I do apologize if any of these have been suggested already:

2014 1st & 2nd round picks, Klefbom, N. Schultz & Eager for Ehrhoff and Ott

Yakupov & Petry for Gudbranson

Smid & Hemsky for Girardi & Kreider

O. Roy & Jones for Hiller

Leaving us with:

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Ott - Arcobello - Perron
Kreider - Gordon - Gagner
Smyth/Gazdic/Joensuu - Acton - Omark

Ehrhoff - Gudbranson
Ference - Girardi
Belov - J. Schultz

Hiller/Dubnyk

Flame away...
First one might have decent value.

The last 3 are laughably one sided for us.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:47 AM
OilDrop37

vCash: 10185
Quote:
First one might have decent value.

The last 3 are laughably one sided for us.
Yakupov and Petry for Gudbranson is one sided for us?

Old
11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
‏@FriedgeHNIC3m

And the wheels on the bus go round and round......

Old
11-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Citrus Fruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Wouldn't even trade Petry for Gudbranson straight up.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Oil In My Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
I thought it was an overpay from our perspective but figured that's what we'd have to do get Tallon to bite.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I thought it was an overpay from our perspective but figured that's what we'd have to do get Tallon to bite.
You don't need him to bite.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:58 AM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
You don't need him to bite.
You need him to scratch, duh.

Closed Thread