HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Garret Burnett?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 04:34 AM
303Joe

vCash: 500
What happened to Garret Burnett?

I didn't see anything of him in camp or on the Pack' roster. I though they were pretty happy with him. Where did he sign? Thanks.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:45 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
I didn't see anything of him in camp or on the Pack' roster. I though they were pretty happy with him. Where did he sign? Thanks.
Burnett was signed as a UFA during the summer by Anaheim. It appears as though he has pretty much made the team as their resident enforcer.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:01 AM
E-Train

no loss at all, Scott is 3 years younger and does much better against the likes of Godard

Old
09-29-2003, 05:28 AM
303Joe

Yeah huh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
no loss at all, Scott is 3 years younger and does much better against the likes of Godard
we'll see about that tough guy. I'm sure these 2 have met up in the minors several times before. Don't know the results but I'm sure they did. Why do you say he will do much better against Godard I know Burnett had alot more size than Scott.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:51 AM
E-Train

Quote:
we'll see about that tough guy. I'm sure these 2 have met up in the minors several times before. Don't know the results but I'm sure they did. Why do you say he will do much better against Godard I know Burnett had alot more size than Scott.
For some reason with all that size Burnett doesn't really beat any heavyweights from what I've heard. Not that I've seen many Burnett fights but I remember last year that Godard beat down Burnett. In the televised HFD-BPT game Scott did very well against Godard.

Who knows what will happen this season but it would be nice to see Scott vs. Godard in a NHL game

Old
09-29-2003, 06:13 AM
303Joe

Both Godard and Scott..

Quote:
For some reason with all that size Burnett doesn't really beat any heavyweights from what I've heard. Not that I've seen many Burnett fights but I remember last year that Godard beat down Burnett. In the televised HFD-BPT game Scott did very well against Godard.

Who knows what will happen this season but it would be nice to see Scott vs. Godard in a NHL game
are 2 good younger fighters. It was good as an isles fan last season to see Godard step up and fight many of the leagers bigger fighters and handle himself pretty well in all the fights. It was funny the one fight I thought he lost last year was at the Colisum against Stock a much smaller guy. Seemed Stock got a few good shots in close which got him by surpries. Otherwise I saw him handle most of his opponents. The fight that you saw him beat Burnett was that the one where he beat up Wilson in the 3rd. I saw bits and pieces of the game I do remember Hartford hammered them something like 6 or 8-0. Godard did a number on Wilson that game but that proves nothing to me as Godard a very good fighters beating up Wilson an ok tough buy w/ some size proves nothing. it just makes Godard look bad picking on a guy w/ the game out of hand. I know they played as few days later and maybe they sending a message or something but I would like to see it stay as fighters fighting other fighters.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:24 AM
E-Train

Quote:
are 2 good younger fighters. It was good as an isles fan last season to see Godard step up and fight many of the leagers bigger fighters and handle himself pretty well in all the fights. It was funny the one fight I thought he lost last year was at the Colisum against Stock a much smaller guy. Seemed Stock got a few good shots in close which got him by surpries. Otherwise I saw him handle most of his opponents. The fight that you saw him beat Burnett was that the one where he beat up Wilson in the 3rd. I saw bits and pieces of the game I do remember Hartford hammered them something like 6 or 8-0. Godard did a number on Wilson that game but that proves nothing to me as Godard a very good fighters beating up Wilson an ok tough buy w/ some size proves nothing. it just makes Godard look bad picking on a guy w/ the game out of hand. I know they played as few days later and maybe they sending a message or something but I would like to see it stay as fighters fighting other fighters.
Godard beat Burnett earlier in the season..the Scott-Godard fight was the same game as the Wilson-Godard fight. Scott was ejected from the game so Godard went after Wilson. Godard punched Wilsom in the temple and the fight was over.

I also saw the Stock-Godard fight, it was awesome to see Stock give up 6 inches and 40 lbs and go punch for punch. Godard is a good young enforcer, I am hoping Scott gets some games to prove the same

Old
09-29-2003, 06:53 AM
303Joe

That Godard/Wilson fight was a mess..

Quote:
Godard beat Burnett earlier in the season..the Scott-Godard fight was the same game as the Wilson-Godard fight. Scott was ejected from the game so Godard went after Wilson. Godard punched Wilsom in the temple and the fight was over.

I also saw the Stock-Godard fight, it was awesome to see Stock give up 6 inches and 40 lbs and go punch for punch. Godard is a good young enforcer, I am hoping Scott gets some games to prove the same
Godard got him early and that was it. I missed the earlier fight between Godard and Scott. Glad you saw the Stock?Godard fight that was a good one. Like I said Stock handled himself very well considering the height and weight he gave away.

Closed Thread