HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals 7 at Flyers 0

Old
11-01-2013, 11:46 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
I'll admit that I don't like Emery's fight, but this site is bat **** anymore. Assault charges are seriously being discussed on the main boards. Really? Get the **** over it. Not surprised that it's the same fourteen posters that routinely trash the flyers in general.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:53 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Damn that was a big shot downie took. Right on the eye

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:03 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

vCash: 500

Oh, God, am I depressed.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post

Oh, God, am I depressed.

11-02-2013, 12:06 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Hey, let's look on the bright side, only 70 games left.

Old
11-02-2013, 12:08 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Remember, we've scored 3 or more goals once in 12 games. TWELVE.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:11 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Remember, we've scored 3 or more goals once in 12 games. TWELVE.
Ah, scoring's overrated anyway.

Old
11-02-2013, 12:16 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I'll admit that I don't like Emery's fight, but this site is bat **** anymore. Assault charges are seriously being discussed on the main boards. Really? Get the **** over it. Not surprised that it's the same fourteen posters that routinely trash the flyers in general.
I missed the game and read people talking about the fight first and then saw it and I was like 'really? that's it?' It's bad but being blown way out of proportion.

whatthef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:26 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I missed the game and read people talking about the fight first and then saw it and I was like 'really? that's it?' It's bad but being blown way out of proportion.
Typical HF is the only appropriate answer. It plays to that whole idea that everyone loves to feel offended by some course of action. Seriously, there are posters committing time well into the morning just to get their point across about Emery's guilt. Who's that concerned about it. I gave up after three posts.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:30 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I don't know about 'constantly' but I know they did battle because that was one of the big reasons I liked Jester so much. I still get annoyed when I think about JXC's never ending love of Stevens and Jones.
JXC is a bit overdue to show up. since he just loved to show up after a bad loss or during a losing streak and go on and on and blame the wrong players.
As far as the game tonight, the only image I care about is the direction this team seems to be heading in. I dont care about the fights, the shenanigans or whatever else. The on ice product is pretty piss poor right now. They have been outscored 10-0 in the last 5 periods on home ice. I would venture to guess there havent been to many times you see your team get thumped like that for 5 straight periods in your own barn. Pathetic.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:34 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

This team must be cursed. It's the only logical explanation. Maybe Snider struck a deal with the devil back in the 70s; win two cups but never win again was the deal. That's gotta be it.

Old
11-02-2013, 12:58 AM
MP92

Quote:
This society has become soft and sensitive to everything, unfortunately. I just don't understand why the brawl happened after it became 7-0. Too late to spark the team to a comeback win.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:12 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

juts give it to hextall already. put us all out of our misery and lets rebuild. if were gonna suck lets suck for something. but bottom line is suckin sucks

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:22 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Francois St. Laurent was the ref last night. Now I see why that game spiraled out of control. He is a terrible referee. He was the ref that lost control of the Flyers/Pens playoff game with the fights at the end and letting Neal run around like a *****.
Had enough of that idiot in the AHL. Not sure how he is still officiating NHL games.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:24 AM
OzFlyer

Just something that came into my head and not meant as an excuse for how bad we are but are the Caps a better Team without AO??

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:09 AM
bWo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Just something that came into my head and not meant as an excuse for how bad we are but are the Caps a better Team without AO??
Caps fan here. With AO in the line up they let him carry the team and when hes not in the line up they carry their own wieght.

bWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:12 AM
nullterm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
This team must be cursed. It's the only logical explanation. Maybe Snider struck a deal with the devil back in the 70s; win two cups but never win again was the deal. That's gotta be it.
The ghost of Chris Pronger says "Boo!"

Signed,

An Oilers fan stuck suffering for 7 seasons

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:16 AM
OzFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bWo View Post
Caps fan here. With AO in the line up they let him carry the team and when hes not in the line up they carry their own wieght.
That is what I was thinking. Instead of looking for AO to pad his stats they make hockey plays instead.

Old
11-02-2013, 03:26 AM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
That is what I was thinking. Instead of looking for AO to pad his stats they make hockey plays instead.
Ala Philadelphia Sixers without Iverson. Team would play panicked, deer in head lights, but due to that would actually play 10 times better when he was out of the line up. Come back in, team switches back to relaxed mode. Teams record without Iverson, when he was injured was 40-61, but the team played **** ton better. Only lost because they lacked the scoring. If they would have had a normal, mid tier-upper tier scoring guard, that team would have actually been really well put together, but every time Iverson was out there, the team kicked it into 2nd gear and let Iverson roll on in 6th. Not Allen's fault at all, but was still interesting to watch at the time. Whenever he was injured the joke was "Lets tune in and watch how good the other players COULD be". Play hard for a loss, play easy and let Allen do it for a win was another joke.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:48 AM
OzFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Ala Philadelphia Sixers without Iverson. Team would play panicked, deer in head lights, but due to that would actually play 10 times better when he was out of the line up. Come back in, team switches back to relaxed mode. Teams record without Iverson, when he was injured was 40-61, but the team played **** ton better. Only lost because they lacked the scoring. If they would have had a normal, mid tier-upper tier scoring guard, that team would have actually been really well put together, but every time Iverson was out there, the team kicked it into 2nd gear and let Iverson roll on in 6th. Not Allen's fault at all, but was still interesting to watch at the time. Whenever he was injured the joke was "Lets tune in and watch how good the other players COULD be". Play hard for a loss, play easy and let Allen do it for a win was another joke.
Eloquently said. The Caps have some great players that would thrive on other teams.

Old
11-02-2013, 06:46 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Really? The guy skated, unprovoked, the length of the ice and beat the **** out of an unwilling combatant. I wouldn't have a problem with Emery getting charged with assault, that was gutless and ugly. Holtby did nothing to warrant what happened. The ref was disgraceful but this is all on Emery and I bet Homer had a role in it since he went to the dressing room in the intermission.

Some of you need to take off your orange glasses and think about how you would feel if someone did to Mason what Emery did to Holtby. It was assault, pure and simple.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:01 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Really? The guy skated, unprovoked, the length of the ice and beat the **** out of an unwilling combatant. I wouldn't have a problem with Emery getting charged with assault, that was gutless and ugly. Holtby did nothing to warrant what happened. The ref was disgraceful but this is all on Emery and I bet Homer had a role in it since he went to the dressing room in the intermission.

Some of you need to take off your orange glasses and think about how you would feel if someone did to Mason what Emery did to Holtby. It was assault, pure and simple.
Yep. It's all an embarrassment, and it's a sign of a floundering hockey team that doesn't know what else to do. Remember the playoffs with the Pens two years ago? We outplayed them and frustrated the **** out of them, and their response was to goon it up. It was classless then, and it's classless now when we're the ones doing it.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
There is a way to take a stand; you can fight guys on the other team who are willing to fight. Holtby has probably hardly ever fought in his life. Why should he have to drop the gloves and get pounded just because the opposing goalie has a burr up his ass?

If he did not want to fight he could have used his stick to Emery out, the stick is not just for stopping pucks.

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:35 AM
SatanwasaSlovak

I heard there were some riots, assaults etc.

Watched the video and saw a normal line brawl. I don't get it, aswell as the whole Scott/Kaleta-threads.

I simply don't understand whats the big deal is about it, they get there penalties and boom, problem solved. But people actually want to imprison or ban these players for life.

I don't get it and i'm from Sweden.

SatanwasaSlovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post

I agree 100%. It was a disgrace. However their was nothing the ref could do. Refs aren't allowed to break up fights, it has to be a linesman.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote