HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal loses to Minnesota: No Excuses? 3 Discussion Questions in OP

Old
11-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Saundies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This team depresses me because it's not far from being a good team. It needs a few tweaks, sure, but nothing major.
Don't worry my friend, reinforcements are on the way. I think this team will be a pretty good team with all of our guys back.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
1. With the heat so high on Desharnais now - even the French media is getting involved - what is the next step or the next move?

Keep going. From here on out, his value in the trade market is at zero. You won't get anything for him right now, not even in a package deal. The next step is to keep playing him and hope he can turn it around.

2. Does Bouillon get a chewing out in the upcoming media scrum? What does Therrien's No Excuses mantra look like if it doesn't?

Part one of this question - I hope so.
Par two of this question - Not good.

3. Is this one on Price? If you think so, can you justify it?

Nope. Breakaway goal, B-E-A-UTIFUL deflection and Pominville's second goal where the two defensemen of the Habs were looking up to the fifth row in the reds can't be blamed on Price at all. If the defense were not caught flat-footed on two of four goals, the Habs win this one. Minnesota took advantage of a couple of defensive gaffs tonight and that's why they walked away with two points.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Alessandro Nesta is the new Montreal Impact coach.. I say we fire Therrien and replace him with Andrei Markov. **** yes.
Really? That's amazing!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Slightly glad I missed the third period now I guess. Oh well, boys > hockey.

Unless you can bring them to games and have both at once!
I guess that's a one way street, because to guys, it's hockey > girls.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
And for what it's worth; I watched Alex Galchenyuk dominate the OHL while he played with Sarnia. Tonight, I watched him dominate the Wild when he was on the ice as if he was still playing in the OHL. He had one hell of a game.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 10:59 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Wow that was nice.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Don't worry my friend, reinforcements are on the way. I think this team will be a pretty good team with all of our guys back.
Sure, but then everything falls into the hands of coaching who I feel is too stubborn to make (what I think is) the proper decision.

When Emelin comes back, Boullion should sit. Ideally, Parros becomes a specialty forward and plays occassionally and Blunden gets sent back down when Moen and Prust get back.

Desharnais should be benched, no if ands or buts, and Briere doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt. Fact is, Bournival and Leblanc have looked better than Briere (when he was healthy) and Desharnais. Desharnais should not see any PP until he starts producing.

However, we know this won't be the case, Leblanc will be sent down when Pacioretty gets back, Desharnais will get Bourque and Pacioretty as wingers, the team's two biggest wingers, yet again, and will get favorable offensive matchups and PP time while everyone else picks up the slack. Boullion will still get second wave PP time, won't get benched, and will play key situations over Subban.

I have no faith in Therrien and his crew.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:03 PM
HotPie

I'm so sick of Therrien.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Sure, but then everything falls into the hands of coaching who I feel is too stubborn to make (what I think is) the proper decision.

When Emelin comes back, Boullion should sit. Ideally, Parros becomes a specialty forward and plays occassionally and Blunden gets sent back down when Moen and Prust get back.

Desharnais should be benched, no if ands or buts, and Briere doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt. Fact is, Bournival and Leblanc have looked better than Briere (when he was healthy) and Desharnais. Desharnais should not see any PP until he starts producing.

However, we know this won't be the case, Leblanc will be sent down when Pacioretty gets back, Desharnais will get Bourque and Pacioretty as wingers, the team's two biggest wingers, yet again, and will get favorable offensive matchups and PP time while everyone else picks up the slack. Boullion will still get second wave PP time, won't get benched, and will play key situations over Subban.

I have no faith in Therrien and his crew.
I agree with pretty much everything you said, except I think Patches will slot in with Pleks and Gio and DD will play with Bourque and Bournival. Plus I do think it will be Bouillon/Murray splitting sitting time when Emelin returns which is a good thing.

DD will have no where to hide in a healthy line up. If there are guys like Briere, Leblanc, etc nipping at the heels to get in and DD continues to be useless, Therrien will have to react eventually. Right now DD's been lucky we've had so many injuries so it's given him an extended period of time to try and fix things. I think his leash is getting tighter and tighter with every player coming back.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Ethereal Whisper
Paranoid Princess

vCash: 464
Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal Whisper
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
I guess that's a one way street, because to guys, it's hockey > girls.
I'd say that I totally agree but if a guy chose hockey over me, considering I'm a hockey fan, it would be because of some other problem.

Unless he were a Kings or Bruins fan, in which case it's not gonna work out between us anyway...

Ethereal Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:10 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
I agree with pretty much everything you said, except I think Patches will slot in with Pleks and Gio and DD will play with Bourque and Bournival. Plus I do think it will be Bouillon/Murray splitting sitting time when Emelin returns which is a good thing.

DD will have no where to hide in a healthy line up. If there are guys like Briere, Leblanc, etc nipping at the heels to get in and DD continues to be useless, Therrien will have to react eventually. Right now DD's been lucky we've had so many injuries so it's given him an extended period of time to try and fix things. I think his leash is getting tighter and tighter with every player coming back.
I actually like Bournival with Pleks. Both are strong two way players with speed and decent chemistry. I think Pleks will be a great mentor for Bournival. Them with Gionta is a good shutdown line. Then throw Patches out there in offensive situations.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:10 PM
68*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Alessandro Nesta is the new Montreal Impact coach.. I say we fire Therrien and replace him with Andrei Markov. **** yes.
LOL wat??? For real?

68* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:11 PM
FF de Mars

MT : "You can play with a bad shoulder, but you can't play with a bad attitude". All in all, we had a good game.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:12 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
I'd say that I totally agree but if a guy chose hockey over me, considering I'm a hockey fan, it would be because of some other problem.

Unless he were a Kings or Bruins fan, in which case it's not gonna work out between us anyway...
I think I may love you. Eff both the Kings and Bruins!!!! Felt like I was one of the only Kings haters haha. Only thing you could've said that would've made it better was adding the Canucks to that group.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:13 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
And for what it's worth; I watched Alex Galchenyuk dominate the OHL while he played with Sarnia. Tonight, I watched him dominate the Wild when he was on the ice as if he was still playing in the OHL. He had one hell of a game.
Really too bad he didn't convert on his beautiful 3 man deke and just missed wide of the goalie. That would have been amazing but he was dominating for most of the night as you mentioned so I won't complain. Just gonna be quietly giddy inside.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:14 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I never understood why Patrick Roy wasn't bought in as head coach?
Because we hired the illiterate Marc Bergevin who was scared ****less of hiring Roy.

But I find it funny to read this here because everyone thought hiring Roy was the worst idea back then.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
MT : "You can play with a bad shoulder, but you can't play with a bad attitude". All in all, we had a good game.
Did he really say that? Who was he referring to?

Old
Ethereal Whisper
Paranoid Princess

vCash: 464
Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal Whisper
Quote:
I think I may love you. Eff both the Kings and Bruins!!!! Felt like I was one of the only Kings haters haha. Only thing you could've said that would've made it better was adding the Canucks to that group.
Canucks are actually one of the four teams I don't like at all but I think I could at least get along with a Canucks fan in a relationship. (The fourth is the Leafs, for the record).

And I'm a Coyotes fan as well (season ticket holder in fact) as well as liking the Habs, so of course I have to hate the Kings. Just like if you like the Habs you have to hate the Bruins. Otherwise you're not a real fan. Or so they say.

Ethereal Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
He was the best player on the ice tonight from eihter side.
Quote:
1. With the heat so high on Desharnais now - even the French media is getting involved - what is the next step or the next move?

Keep going. From here on out, his value in the trade market is at zero. You won't get anything for him right now, not even in a package deal. The next step is to keep playing him and hope he can turn it around.

2. Does Bouillon get a chewing out in the upcoming media scrum? What does Therrien's No Excuses mantra look like if it doesn't?

Nope. Breakaway goal, B-E-A-UTIFUL deflection and Pominville's second goal where the two defensemen of the Habs were looking up to the fifth row in the reds can't be blamed on Price at all. If the defense were not caught flat-footed on two of four goals, the Habs win this one. Minnesota took advantage of a couple of defensive gaffs tonight and that's why they walked away with two points.
Playing DD to showcase him was what I was hoping we'd do. But man... it doesn't seem to be working.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:

Par two of this question - Not good..
Yup. Can you imagine if that was a Subban screw up that lead to the goal?

11-01-2013, 11:23 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Canucks are actually one of the four teams I don't like at all but I think I could at least get along with a Canucks fan in a relationship. (The fourth is the Leafs, for the record).

And I'm a Coyotes fan as well (season ticket holder in fact) as well as liking the Habs, so of course I have to hate the Kings. Just like if you like the Habs you have to hate the Bruins. Otherwise you're not a real fan. Or so they say.
Unfortunately I HAVE to get along with Nucks fans, since my dad, brother and many friends are fans - from Victoria, BC, so it's understandable. Used to hate the Yotes myself, but now I'm pretty indifferent to them. Even rooted for them vs. the Kings later in the WCF in 2012. It's weird though, doesn't seem like most Sharks fans hate the Kings like I do.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:24 PM
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Because we hired the illiterate Marc Bergevin who was scared ****less of hiring Roy.

But I find it funny to read this here because everyone thought hiring Roy was the worst idea back then.

Patrick Roy would have not worked in Montreal this time around. He wanted complete control of all hockey operations, which Molson and Bergevin were not willing to give to a rookie head coach in the NHL. It's not a matter if patrick will be the head coach of this team, it's a matter of when.

Last edited by hersky77: 11-01-2013 at 11:33 PM.
hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:24 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:

MT has been very inconsistent with applying what he said he would when he first came here. I remember when he was hired, he talked about players being held accountable for their play, actions etc... He sure seems to be keeping that promise with players like Eller and Subban, not so much for Desharnais and Bouillon. He's been very hypocritical, also funny how Eller manages to get benched as a wake up call in the first game of the season last year yet Desharnais still seems to get prime opportunities.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Saundies

Quote:
I actually like Bournival with Pleks. Both are strong two way players with speed and decent chemistry. I think Pleks will be a great mentor for Bournival. Them with Gionta is a good shutdown line. Then throw Patches out there in offensive situations.
I love Bournival with Pleks too, but it's hard to keep your best scorer off of the top 2 lines, especially with the way DD has been playing right now. Putting Patches with DD would be like kind of a waste, and it would boost DD's ice time even more which is something this team definitely doesn't need right now with the great play of Pleks/Gio and the EGG line lately.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He was the best player on the ice tonight from eihter side.

Playing DD to showcase him was what I was hoping we'd do. But man... it doesn't seem to be working.
Cole's last 3 games with the Habs:
16:31
14:23
18:02

3 games before that he got:
13:41
14:32
12:55

Desharnais' last 2 games with the Habs:
17:24
16:50

3 games before that he got:
12:57
12:37
16:39

Maybe you're onto something and he gets traded tomorrow night.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote