HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets Claim Ellerby off Waivers

Old
11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Well, that sucks. I think Ellerby has potential and will be an NHL regular in the not too distant future.

No way the Kings will be trading Martinez or Muzzin at this point. There is no way they can know how much longer Mitchell and Regehr can hold up or play well enough to remain in the top 4, especially with Regehr.

The Kings are going to need both Muzzin and Martinez unless Dean makes a deal for another defenseman. Expect to see Muzzin paired with Doughty more and more as the season goes on, if it isn't almost permanent in Sutter's mind already, and that's not a bad thing.
STARTING TONIGHT ! Nostradamus you

Agree, I wish we could have held on to Ellerby, some will claim he was just another pylon plug, but they are wrong, he will develop into a decent #4 stay-@-home D-man type (think of a poor mans Scuderi) and he's further along IMO than the kids we have in the AHL / JR's ... non of Forbort, Gravel, Roach, Ebert or Deslauriers could step in and play at the NHL level just yet and be any better than Ellerby was.

Oh well, it is what it is, Good Luck on the Jets, Keaton.

Last edited by Puck U: 11-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:59 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

So in before Norris Ellerby and why did the Kings waive him.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:03 PM
SFKingshomer

So we are a Regehr, Mitchell, or Greene injury away from Jeff Schultz or is one of the stay at home kids ready?

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:09 PM
KingLB

If they keep Muzzin with DD then you don't need a stay at home D if one goes down. Just slot Amart with which ever is left on the bottom pair. That said RR/Greene pair vs any team with any speed/skill is frightening.

Hell DD is the Kings best defensive Dman anyway....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:35 PM
lexlavender

I'm not too upset that they are going to pair Muzzin with Doughty (although I think martinez is more superior defensively over muzzin). Last year Muzzin was tops in the league in Corsi for defensemen, especially when paired with Doughty, so that says alot about how well they work together. I'm just bummed that Muzzin is a shoot first kind of guy, and I think Doughty will take an offensive hit to cover Muzzin like last year, which is a shame because I really wanted him to contend for the Norris this year. Not as if he was producing enough to be a contender right now, but compared to last season, .5 ppg is pretty good.

Not sure how I feel about Greene-WM, but I think Mitchell is mobile enough and has a good enough first pass out of the zone to make up for any of G's deficiencies, although they are both a bit slow to handle a chipped puck.

lexlavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So in before Norris Ellerby and why did the Kings waive him.
Cue a Ellerby hat trick the next time the Kings play the Jets. Oh, you know it's going to happen. Everybody knows it's going to happen.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 03:18 PM
pens87jets7fan
Keaton Ellerby fan

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Cue a Ellerby hat trick the next time the Kings play the Jets. Oh, you know it's going to happen. Everybody knows it's going to happen.
HA! Dont count on it! Hes had ONE in his career ( November 20, 2009 with the Rochester Americans in the AHL)

article here if anyone is interested. http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2009/11/...amerks-to-win/

pens87jets7fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 03:39 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I dunno about a hat trick...but I bet he scores and/or makes some brilliant defensive plays.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 03:49 PM
pens87jets7fan
Keaton Ellerby fan

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I dunno about a hat trick...but I bet he scores and/or makes some brilliant defensive plays.
thats more realistic.

pens87jets7fan is offline   Reply With Quote