HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Leopold this morning...

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Leopold this morning...

Made the comment that instead of a 50-60 million difference between the preds and the highest spender there will only be an 8-10 million difference.

In other words, it looks like we will be still frugal and hover around 28-30 million. I expected as much, but I thought I would pass this on as it came straight out of his mouth at 7:15 today.

Also, he said they were strongly considering reducing ticket prices, but he wouldn't flat out say he would. He said the overall package being presented will be great for fans/families/friends, and they are making a push to get the buisnesses back.

Seems like to me the Preds aren't going to reduce ticket prices, at least not drastically, but will present better season ticket prices and family nights, etc. Its not like the tickets were terribly expensive anyways....

07-22-2005, 10:04 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Yeah... IIRC his exact words were, "I don't want to announce the reduction right now" and went on to say it was something they were seriously thinking about.

Old
07-22-2005, 10:43 AM
vopatsrash

sometimes the preds can make you nervous because they have a history of tight purse strings, marketing errors, and secretiveness about their finances. However...most, if not all, of what they've promised they've delivered on or come really close to delivering on...

"The 5 Year Plan" (from about season 2-= or season 3)/"Playoff Pledge" (before season 5): They had a horrible start to season #5, but when they got healthy, they put together about a 50 game stretch of playoff caliber hockey and just wore themselves out trying to get back in the race, plus at the apex, they lost Legwand for the season in a freak injury. Close, but no cigar, but they were a couple of accidents away from pulling that off. They didn't make the playoffs but they had their most competitive team even with the bad start/finish. and the original "5 year plan" was that they would be in the playoff hunt within 5 years, which they achieved. They just messed that one up with the pledge.

"We will be buyers if we have a chance to make a playoff run" (from season 2 on): Steve Sullivan, Brad Bombardir, Shane Hnidy, and Sergei Zholtok.

"We will lock up our core when they develop" (from season 2 on): Stepped up to the plate on Vokoun, Walker, Sully, and Timonen.

"There will be an economic system that will make it a more even playing field for the Preds payroll-wise" (season 3 on): 7/22/05.

I have faith that they'll have an aggressive marketing campaign in the coming weeks, I have faith that the tickets prices will at least be tinkered with, and I have faith that they will not hesitate to jump on an upper tier UFA if the price is relatively right and the UFA wants to come here.

Granted, I'm nervous as crap about how they play their cards in the shark-filled nashville media waters, but they've pretty much come through to date. They just have a tendency to be a little scary sometimes with playing things close to the vest.

Closed Thread