HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

question

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 10:33 AM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
question

a buddy of mine suggested a trade between the rangers and sens for havlat. his package was this....

to ottawa:
jamie lundmark
matthew barnaby

to new york:
martin havlat

now i personally dont think that comes close to what it would take to get havlat but i want to get your opinions on the deal, is it fair? if not, what would it take to get havlat?

Old
09-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Other Dave

Is your buddy Glen Sather?

Nice try, Slats!

Other Dave

Old
09-29-2003, 10:52 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
a buddy of mine suggested a trade between the rangers and sens for havlat. his package was this....

to ottawa:
jamie lundmark
matthew barnaby

to new york:
martin havlat

now i personally dont think that comes close to what it would take to get havlat but i want to get your opinions on the deal, is it fair? if not, what would it take to get havlat?
Ottawa: Needs #1/2 LW - doesn't need #2/3, #3,#4,#5 LW, any C (we have lots, all sorts of sizes and shapes, so sorry Comrie, Hudler, Kopecky, Lundmark etc.), any RWs (Havlat will sign at some point), any D, any G, any draft picks,and cannot accept more players than they give up. Unlikely to give any D, any RWs, and LWs, will give C, prospects and draft picks. Generally content with team, and will play excess C at LW at this point.

Barnaby is not a #1/2 LW and, while entertaining, would not fit into Jacques Martin's system. Lundmark could play LW, and may become a 1/2 LW, but is not there yet for this season's Cup run before the lockout. Also at this time we cannot accept more players than we give back.

Fair for us is for us not to trade Havlat. I can't design a deal to the Rangers that would work - perhaps others can.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:53 AM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63

to ottawa:
jamie lundmark
matthew barnaby

to new york:
martin havlat

I don't believe that the Rangers have the assets necessary to land Havlat. If it did happen, it would almost certainly have to involve the Rangers young prospects, though... probably Lundmark, Tyutin and possibly Jessimen as well. The Rangers salaries are way too high for the Sens budget.

Don't expect a quantity for quality trade with Havlat, though - depth is in no conceivable way the Sens problem right now - at any position.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:03 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Ottawa: Needs #1/2 LW - doesn't need #2/3, #3,#4,#5 LW, any C (we have lots, all sorts of sizes and shapes, so sorry Comrie, Hudler, Kopecky, Lundmark etc.), any RWs (Havlat will sign at some point), any D, any G, any draft picks,and cannot accept more players than they give up. Unlikely to give any D, any RWs, and LWs, will give C, prospects and draft picks. Generally content with team, and will play excess C at LW at this point.
Do you just have this in a notepad file somewhere that you copy and paste every time you see a trade proposal with the Sens getting a crappy LW.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:19 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
Do you just have this in a notepad file somewhere that you copy and paste every time you see a trade proposal with the Sens getting a crappy LW.
Yes I do (and thanks for asking!).

These quantity for quality offers are the real kickers. As you know we could already form a 5th and 6th line if we were allowed to. We have so much depth we could afford to let non-injured players take their turn having a week or two off during the regular season to go on a holiday to rest up for the playoffs. I actually find our depth mind-boggling.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:31 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Yes I do (and thanks for asking!).

These quantity for quality offers are the real kickers. As you know we could already form a 5th and 6th line if we were allowed to. We have so much depth we could afford to let non-injured players take their turn having a week or two off during the regular season to go on a holiday to rest up for the playoffs. I actually find our depth mind-boggling.
Maybe we should lobby the NHL to add a fourth period of hockey for all games. The Sens would probably have no problem being able to handle the additional ice time.

Closed Thread