HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-1 to rookie coach with temper issues

Old
11-03-2013, 07:22 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Wait... Therrien seriously singled out Subban again?

Why was there no singling out for Bouillon and his own ****** bench management against the Wild?

**** this clown, jesus christ.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
So you still want this team to lose because of an inept 4th line ?

DD sucks, but he's 10x better than any player you listed on the 4th line...

The 4th should have DD somewhere and one of Blunden and Parros in the press box, can't have both on the same line, this isn't the AHL...
Yeah well this ain't NHL14 either buddy. Desharnais is NOT a 4th line player, period.

Anyways, wasn't Moen sceduled to return this week?

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Account Terminated

vCash: 50
Awards:
Once Moen returns, Blunden will be shipped back to Hamilton.

A line of Moen-White-Parros is a very good fourth line. To top it off, once Prust comes back, you slip him into the fourth line and stick Parros in the press-box.

Account Terminated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:43 AM
coolasprICE

i rather blunden than moen...they are pretty close. blunden is a better skater

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:44 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
@MAGodin
Therrien a blâmé Subban pour 2 buts: ne pas avoir récupéré le retour de tir sur le 2e but (sévère) et son revirement sur le 3e but (mérité).

Translation: Therrien blamed Subban for 2 goals: didn't recuperate the rebound on the second goal and his giveaway that led to the third goal.
This is what's most frustrating from yesterday's game. He honestly singled out Subban and said he cost the Habs the game.

Quote:
«Deux mauvaises exécutions d'un défenseur: la mauvaise couverture sur un retour de lancer et un revirement... Ça coûté le match dans le fond. C'est ça qui est décevant, l'effort était là, les gars sont déterminés. Deux mauvaises exécutions coûtent le match.»
Michel... You keep on instilling the concept of TEAM during the pre-game talks and beyond, yet you blame that loss on one player? Équipe, équipe, équipe... What`s the point of singling Subban out? Disgusting! That`s ****ing low Michel.

Oh, and Bouillon must be leading the league in own goals. Probably has more career own goals than actual goals.

Last edited by PhysicX: 11-03-2013 at 07:50 AM.
PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:45 AM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Lol! Good god, delete this before someone else sees it.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Mynameismark*

ok anyone harping on the 4th line doesnt know hockey. We scored one goal. one freakin goal. If the Gallagher line isnt scoring it seems nobody else is. The 4th line were dojng their job last night, but what did the other two lins actually do? Oh yeah, NOTHING.

Ryan White has the same amount of points as DD while getting much less ice time, and being in the penalty box more often.

Desharnais is a scrub that shouldnt even taint the 4th line. He is useless and provides nothing.

And I swear to god, Therrien better not make PK leave this team. If you gotta choose between a mediocre coach or a star player, it's always the star player.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:53 AM
WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Nothing against Budaj he's been great for us so far but why not getting a french speaking backup - he'll play so little anyway he'd have to suck hard to cost us anything ?
This is the one position where the team should 100% stay away from a franco. For one, as you note, Budaj has been really good in his role, so it's not possible to say we could improve the team by replacing him with a guy from the French side of the carousel-of-backups (Garon, Theo, Biron, etc.) More importantly, I think this would create unnecessary drama with the press. Imagine if the backup were Garon and he put up Budaj's numbers? There would be a segment of the media stumping for the backup to play much more and we'd have an ongoing goalie controversy for no reason. Price and the team do not need that racket.

WG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Habssince89
Drouin alright

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Lol! Good god, delete this before someone else sees it.
Too late lol.

I'm in disbelief about MTs singling out of PK, hes done nothing to help PKs undeserved reputation or his confidence. Meanwhile in Vancouver, Torts is outspoken against the flak the sedins get.

As a healthy team, the Habs are a playoff team (in spite of MTs bizarre bench management). Unfortunately were rarely ever fully healthy and instead of leaning on the elite talent he has on the blueline, Therrien leans on the ****ing cube. Pathetic.

I think MT is good at development and good for a culture change, but neither he nor his staff are good enough at actual in game tactics to be worth it. Really hope we can find a better coach over the next seaspn or so, and they better forget about what language they speak. We need to win.

Habssince89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

At this point I wish Subban just asks for a trade.

I ****ing hate seeing athlete of that level get that treatment.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:02 AM
WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
@MAGodin
Therrien a blâmé Subban pour 2 buts: ne pas avoir récupéré le retour de tir sur le 2e but (sévère) et son revirement sur le 3e but (mérité).

Translation: Therrien blamed Subban for 2 goals: didn't recuperate the rebound on the second goal and his giveaway that led to the third goal.
Fair game. Therrien came out after the Wild game and did exactly the same thing to Boullion after he lost his man on the game winner.

Note I did not see the presser Friday so I am just going to assume that is what happened.

WG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:03 AM
HCH

I couldn't watch the entire game but a couple of brief observations...

The Parros experiment is a catch 22. He brings toughness but with the ability to play only 4 or 5 minutes a game, we can't roll 4 lines and that reduces the effectiveness of our speed players... especially late in the game.

I've been a Desharnais defender and would like to see him succeed but I would sooner see Eller, Plekanec and Galchenyuk as our top three centers.

I'll say it again. Brian Gionta has no hockey sense. With a great opportunity to pass on a 2 on 1 he fired it into Giguere's crest... again. And he has to wind up with a slap shot from close in which gives Giguere all the time he needs to cut down the angle. I am counting down the games.

PK doesn't go hard after the puck when it is shot into our end. He kind of puts on the brakes and looks over his shoulder and waits for the other player. To me, it's his biggest flaw. I would like to see him go hard after the puck and take a hit once in a while... something that Emelin does well.

I believe we will see some changes in the team before the end of the year... especially if some of the young guys in Hamilton continue to develop.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Account Terminated

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Hahaha...

Oh wait, you're serious.

Let me laugh harder.

HAHAHAHA!

Old
11-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Account Terminated

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Let me put it this way.

Subban is a world class defenseman. One that is very hard to come by. Michel Therrien will rip him a new arse if he messes up because he expects better from him. He doesn't think a talent of Subban's level should be losing his man so easily or turning the puck over the way he did. When Subban has a great game, well... yeah, he is very talented so he SHOULD be having great games like this.

I don't agree it's the approach you should always take as a coach, but I understand where he is coming from.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:08 AM
radicalcenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Sadly I agree, I would not be mad at all if Subban wants to leave

radicalcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Markov4Captain

Marc Denis had a good point on RDS last night. Avs made a decision to play McKinnon at centre from the get go because they knew thats what he is. They were willing to see a decrease in his production as long as he gained experience from the get go. I think the Galchenyuk at wing experience needs to end to. I don't mind if he struggles or doesn't produce as much but he needs to learn. And its not like he could do worse than DD.

Second point I wanted to make was I can barely take the way MT treats Subban much longer. It pains me to watch. Yeah he makes mistakes, and he hasn't been great the last few weeks. But EVERY TIME he makes a mistake the coach calls out on him in the media. What about the ***ing 556 turnovers Bouillon is responsible for? Gorges? Diaz?? It's a joke. The one time were lucky enough to draft and develop elite talent we mistreat him to the point where I wouldn't blame Subban for leaving this team.

Markov4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Let me put it this way.

Subban is a world class defenseman. One that is very hard to come by. Michel Therrien will rip him a new arse if he messes up because he expects better from him. He doesn't think a talent of Subban's level should be losing his man so easily or turning the puck over the way he did. When Subban has a great game, well... yeah, he is very talented so he SHOULD be having great games like this.

I don't agree it's the approach you should always take as a coach, but I understand where he is coming from.
Well for the past couple seasons he's been coming hard from the same angle and Subban is showing regression not progression. Is it too much to expect him come in from a different angle as a coach instead of the predictable same thing? Took them 15 games of AHL level production to call out DD, you'd think with that contract the expectation would be a tad higher from management as well.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Jaug

First post on HF..read them everyday and have a question so I registered:

Am I missing something about why Diaz is in the NHL? You never hear his name (like he's always flying under the radar) and to be honest he's pretty brutal..doesn't do very much for our team

If I'm posting this in the wrong place please let me know lol

Jaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Disappearing Semin

Wow Therrien is really pissing me off, if Subban did as many turnovers as Bouillon we would be comparing him to M-A Bergeron, yet he is always called out for every little mistake. Plus, he didnt mention that without Subban we would have been shutout

Disappearing Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Lady Macbeth
La Reine des Neiges

vCash: 444
I passed out when it was 3-1 without even finishing half of my third drink. Guess I didn't miss an epic comeback or anything.

Lady Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
This is what's most frustrating from yesterday's game. He honestly singled out Subban and said he cost the Habs the game.

Michel... You keep on instilling the concept of TEAM during the pre-game talks and beyond, yet you blame that loss on one player? Équipe, équipe, équipe... What`s the point of singling Subban out? Disgusting! That`s ****ing low Michel.

Oh, and Bouillon must be leading the league in own goals. Probably has more career own goals than actual goals.
Finally people really start to see that people love to hate Subban theu cant help it its stronger than them. He is a evil alien... yeah he is a moron sometimes but therrien is doing worse now. Lol

In all seriosusness for PK sake... its better to trade him before he wants out. And well witness him wins many calders elsewhere... despite his huge flaws oh and some cups. Sick amd tired of this crap...

Would Therrien take Ovechkin or a Chris Pronger on his team or not cause they will downgrade his teambecause of their caracters at least subban is clean record outside the ice but he is a devil.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 11-03-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Fozz

Off topic but can someone tell me how I get rid of those annoying ads at the bottom of the screen? They keep popping up when I'm listening to other stuff.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post

PK doesn't go hard after the puck when it is shot into our end. He kind of puts on the brakes and looks over his shoulder and waits for the other player. To me, it's his biggest flaw. I would like to see him go hard after the puck and take a hit once in a while... something that Emelin does well.

What you pointed out is the play that makes PK a smart and effective player to re launch the attack. He slows down the fore checker, avoids injury, and comes away with the puck. Going head first into the boards and taking a hit isn't brave or effective, it's dumb.

The goal is to maintain possession and put your team in a position to create offense, not take hits.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:58 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 1782
I heard Guy Boucher is still out there and he speaks French too!

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post

I believe we will see some changes in the team before the end of the year... especially if some of the young guys in Hamilton continue to develop.
He's one of the few D in the league with the ability to do that. One of the reasons he's so hard to hit - he is strong enough to go in slow and have forecheckers slow down as well and not get overpowered from behind. Almost every time he not only gets to puck first but gets his stick on it and passes it to his partner or teammate.

Emelin is a different animal, he at times lets forecheckers get puck first to destroy them. Both have different techniques that are effective in their own right.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote