HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread - LXXI - Everyone is better than us... except the Oilers!

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2013, 10:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
What has Yakupov done other than be drafted 1st overall to warrant trading all of the proven players like Pacioretty?

Seems lateral at best.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:04 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

I think Yakupov could really excel in Montreal. His goal scoring flare would make him a star, and having Galchenyuk certainly helps. IMHO a top sniping winger is the teams primary future need, we need our Phil Kessel. This could be a great buy low opportunity.

What would we be willing to give up to get him? For me, I'd try to keep the young roster players, but vets and/or prospects would be on the table.

We could build a competitive package around Fucale, one of McCarron/Collberg, and one of Tinordi/Beaulieu.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Devourers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think Yakupov could really excel in Montreal. His goal scoring flare would make him a star, and having Galchenyuk certainly helps. IMHO a top sniping winger is the teams primary future need, we need our Phil Kessel. This could be a great buy low opportunity.

What would we be willing to give up to get him? For me, I'd try to keep the young roster players, but vets and/or prospects would be on the table.

We could build a competitive package around Fucale, one of McCarron/Collberg, and one of Tinordi/Beaulieu.
Doubt they'd even consider it without Gallagher being involved. Without him, think of the Kessel deal, they'd want future picks to go with their already insane number of prospects they're building.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What has Yakupov done other than be drafted 1st overall to warrant trading all of the proven players like Pacioretty?

Seems lateral at best.
I don't get it either but on HF "potential" is always more valuable than proven it seems.. Yakupov as all the talent in the world but there's no guarantees he will even be as good as what Pacioretty is right now.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Andy

Gallagher for Yakupov? WTH? Edmonton could kiss my ass if that's the starting price.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:37 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Gallagher for Yakupov? WTH? Edmonton could kiss my ass if that's the starting price.
I couldn't do that deal either...

Old
11-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Frankenheimer

Come on guys yakupov for ghallager is a no brainer. The talent is there.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tunnel vision if you think Yakupov isn't a better player than Gallagher.

11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ford View Post
Tunnel vision if you think Yakupov isn't a better player than Gallagher.
Skillwise it's not even close, but the stuff Yak is saying in the media is not good. Starting to wonder if he is a guy you can win with.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Smokey Thompson

Lets be serious for a minute, Gallagher represents the heart and soul what Bergevin wants to do with this team. His character is "off the charts". He's become our top winger just 3 years after being drafted in the 5th round as an undersized goal scorer.

He's about as untouchable as Galchenyuk at this point.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

I think people have huge perception problems if they think Gallagher is in a whole other world than Yakupov. Especially when we're looking at the big picture and potential (and likely) upside.

Old
11-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Skillwise it's not even close, but the stuff Yak is saying in the media is not good. Starting to wonder if he is a guy you can win with.
The only things that have been leaked out in the media are from his agent, who, by the way, is the same as Galchenyuk.

Totally unfair to make off-ice assumptions out of what an agent says. It's as if people started calling Halak out when Walsh started crying in the medias.

It's not like I would offer Gallagher from the start. I would try my best not to. That being said, people acting as if Gallagher was in a whole other class than Yakupov should take off the pink-coloured glasses. Galchenyuk and Yakupov are at a whole other level than Gallagher. What you see is what you get with Brendan Gallagher. Yakupov and Galchenyuk? These guys haven't even scratched the surface. We're talking about potential franchise players here.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Draft

For what it's worth, I think Gallagher is a better influence on Galchenyuk than Yakupov.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:04 PM
hockeyfan2k11

So folkwould rather keep Gallagher over Yakupov? Homers....sigh.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 160
Are you guys kidding me? Not a chance in hell I would trade Gallagher for Yakupov.

Go look at the stuff he's saying in the media. He'll get run out of town in the first month. He even called his agent to tell the coach to give him more ice time.

He's insanely skilled that's for sure but I wouldn't want him on my team.

He's a smaller AK46 with the same skill set and Ribeiro's off-ice behavior.

BTW-Gallagher has more goals and pts than Yakupov in less games.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

How can people claim to be serious and make so many off comments about Yakupov? Seriously?

Old
11-12-2013, 03:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Yes... Gallagher plays the game the right way and is productive. If we lose Gallagher, who's driving the net? No one.. and that's a recipe for losses.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Andy

In the short term the Habs would take a step back. Gallagher is already a more well rounded than Yakupov is, and is producing at a higher rate. Likely scenario is that it ends being a lateral move. Best case scenario is that Yakupov turns out to be a 40-50 winger.

I'm not willing to pay that price for potential. It's not Ryan or Seguin we are trading for, who have proven that they can produce consistently in the nhl.

Not to mention the Khl factor always present.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Gallagher is the heart and soul of this team on offense. He has a positive attitude, works his ass off every shift, sacrifices his body either by blocking shots or crashing the net. He's the perfect teammate and player for a coach. How many players do we have that constantly crash the net? None as sad as it is other than Gally. Yakupov is not gaining points in my books with his complaints and the KHL option is always there when it comes to him. Him pulling a Zherdev on us would be such a nice surprise (not).

Old
11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
MonkeyBusiness

I wouldn't trade Gallagher for Yakupov but I certainly would be interested in acquiring Yakupov. He's been one of their best forwards in the recent stretch of games and has still been benched, Eakins seems to have a problem with this kid. I think a change of scenery would be good for him, depending on EDM's asking price it would be great to trade for him IMO.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I wouldn't trade Gallagher for Yakupov but I certainly would be interested in acquiring Yakupov. He's been one of their best forwards in the recent stretch of games and has still been benched, Eakins seems to have a problem with this kid. I think a change of scenery would be good for him, depending on EDM's asking price it would be great to trade for him IMO.
This is the thing. Why in hell would Edmonton trade us Yakupov for a lower value package. Hab's won't wanna trade away their young assets. Bad trading partners IMO,

Old
11-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

Galchenyuk and Yak were amazing together in juniors. I see no reason why they woudn't be great together in the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I don't get it either but on HF "potential" is always more valuable than proven it seems.. Yakupov as all the talent in the world but there's no guarantees he will even be as good as what Pacioretty is right now.
If you want guarantees go be a tax man. 'Cause death and taxes are the only thing in the world you'll get a guarantee on.

Young elite prospects are a gamble but it's usually a smart gamble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Lets be serious for a minute, Gallagher represents the heart and soul what Bergevin wants to do with this team. His character is "off the charts". He's become our top winger just 3 years after being drafted in the 5th round as an undersized goal scorer.

He's about as untouchable as Galchenyuk at this point.
He's not untouchable and he shouldn't be.

That said, I love Gallagher. He'd be close to the last person I'd want to give up. A year ago this would've been an insane question but it's not an insane one now. Gallagher has proven himself to be a very good NHLer and Yak hasn't.

But the potential for Yak is off the charts. If we're talking straight up, I don't see how you could turn this trade down knowing what we know now. But it could go the other way. Gallagher has been superb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Are you guys kidding me? Not a chance in hell I would trade Gallagher for Yakupov.

Go look at the stuff he's saying in the media. He'll get run out of town in the first month. He even called his agent to tell the coach to give him more ice time.

He's insanely skilled that's for sure but I wouldn't want him on my team.
Then you're just flat out crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
He's a smaller AK46 with the same skill set and Ribeiro's off-ice behavior.

BTW-Gallagher has more goals and pts than Yakupov in less games.
Gallagher is also three years older...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yes... Gallagher plays the game the right way and is productive. If we lose Gallagher, who's driving the net? No one.. and that's a recipe for losses.
Yes it is. And actually we'd probably lose in the short term as Gallagher IS a better player than Yakupov right now.

Three years from now though? With Galchenyuk centering him? Man that could be a ridiculous combo. Yakupov has sick skills.

If we did this though we'd absolutely HAVE to get bigger up front with more physical players. Because adding Yakupov would actually make our already soft team even softer than the day old out in the sun bubblegum that it already is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Gallagher is the heart and soul of this team on offense. He has a positive attitude, works his ass off every shift, sacrifices his body either by blocking shots or crashing the net. He's the perfect teammate and player for a coach. How many players do we have that constantly crash the net?
Not very many in the league have the heart that he does. And NOBODY on our team other than him does it consistently. Losing him would be a big, big hole.
Quote:
None as sad as it is other than Gally. Yakupov is not gaining points in my books with his complaints and the KHL option is always there when it comes to him. Him pulling a Zherdev on us would be such a nice surprise (not).
If we were looking at Yak, I'd do absolutely everything in my power not to include Gallagher. But if it was a straight up deal? Man... I don't see how we could say no right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOllini View Post
This is the thing. Why in hell would Edmonton trade us Yakupov for a lower value package. Hab's won't wanna trade away their young assets. Bad trading partners IMO,
I think you're right. Yakupov makes us smaller and softer. Plus we'd have to give up other young players...

If we're going to make a trade, I'd prefer it be Markov for a younger player/prospect. You won't get a Yakupov but we'd get something good and we wouldn't have to give up a Gallagher to do it.

Two or three years from now this post might look ridiculous. But as of today, knowing what we do now... I'd have to make that trade. I don't see how you can't.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:47 PM
shamrun

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|EDM|home

The Yakupov interview. Not sure if it was posted.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
(...)
I get where you're coming from, him and Galchenyuk have proven chemistry. I agree that Gallagher is the last player I give them for Yakupov. Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher would be an elite line oh man.

My offer (as far as what I'd be willing to give them) would be Plekanec + Gorges + Beaulieu for Yakupov.

Old
11-12-2013, 05:43 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
I get where you're coming from, him and Galchenyuk have proven chemistry. I agree that Gallagher is the last player I give them for Yakupov. Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher would be an elite line oh man.

My offer (as far as what I'd be willing to give them) would be Plekanec + Gorges + Beaulieu for Yakupov.
Seems way too much...

Closed Thread