HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread - LXXI - Everyone is better than us... except the Oilers!

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2013, 10:21 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
And he's getting booed.

Seriously, the Oilers suck, they should give him to us for Desharnais + Murray for everyone's sake.
It's just a matter of time before he pulls a P. Roy and says he's done in Edmonton.

Old
11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
Kadri hit wasn't as bad as a lot of people are saying.

Old
11-13-2013, 10:36 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Lol oilers using 5 forwards during a 5on3
Like Tampa did last night.

Old
11-13-2013, 10:39 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Kadri hit wasn't as bad as a lot of people are saying.
Which one? Hit on the goalie or the hit he got kicked out for? IMO he should've been kicked out for the goalie hit and not the other.

Old
11-13-2013, 11:12 PM
thewall

Just saw the two hits by Kadri.. What a freakin rotten punkass *****! hope someone drills him with a clean nice check when he comes back from his suspension!

Old
11-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'll get hate for that, but I think I would take Brodin over anyone that is not named Subban or Price.

Yes, even Galchenyuk.
good to see brodin continue to get overrated

Old
11-13-2013, 11:48 PM
sheed36

Kadri should get 1 or 2 games for the hit on Backstrom and an additional 1 game for being reckless and stupid..

Old
11-13-2013, 11:49 PM
ValorJames

vCash: 476
wow Edm 3 times blanked........if I was the owner I would fire everyone and start over with all the talent they have.

Old
11-13-2013, 11:53 PM
DJ Breadman

Kadri will def get a couple games

Old
11-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
wow Edm 3 times blanked........if I was the owner I would fire everyone and start over with all the talent they have.
There are things in life I can't explain or even understand. The Oilers sucking so much is one of them.

How the **** they can be so bad with all the talent they have? I mean, yeah, they don't have the best defense and goaltender in the NHL but jesus christ, look at their top 9 and all the forwards they have right now. This is insane.

It's impossible to be so bad with all the talent they have. Maybe they just don't know how to develop or manage young players. Some people are making mistakes in this organization and I don't think the players are the ones to blame.

Old
11-13-2013, 11:59 PM
sheed36

Kadri hit on Granlund.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:05 AM
ValorJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post
There are things in life I can't explain or even understand. The Oilers sucking so much is one of them.

How the **** they can be so bad with all the talent they have? I mean, yeah, they don't have the best defense and goaltender in the NHL but jesus christ, look at their top 9 and all the forwards they have right now. This is insane.

It's impossible to be so bad with all the talent they have. Maybe they just don't know how to develop or manage young players. Some people are making mistakes in this organization and I don't think the players are the ones to blame.
It has to be the organization....I would love the habs to have the talent they have.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:07 AM
ValorJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Kadri hit on Granlund.

Looks like he target the head on that hit!

Old
11-14-2013, 12:42 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

its ok, league won't do anything as usual. meantime, we'll keep playing by the rules

Old
11-14-2013, 12:44 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post

They bring their kids up too quickly without real quality vets to surround them properly.. Both Hall and RNH have had serious injuries that slowed down their development, thats what happen when you send 18 years old kids that arent physically NHL ready playing against men in the best league of the world where you basically have no time and space to make plays.. Add to this that they have a brutal blueline and a below average starter and there is not much you can do.. They drafted alot of elite talented fowards with their first round picks but they forgot that developing defensemen and NHL starter take longer to develop.. Usually you start building from behind, well the Oilers are doing quite the opposite.. You cant put all the blame on the org. since Edmonton isnt particulary a popular destination for UFA but still they relied too much on their early picks and their scouting staff is possibly one of the wrost in the league, they had Grigorenko over Galchenyuk and Murray as second best player on their list and they dont seem to be very good at drafting after the first round..

Old
11-14-2013, 01:17 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

vCash: 450
Part of me feels that the Oilers organization secretly loved the Yakupov circus. Now the media can focus on that instead of their ineptitude. Their fans though........I used to call them out for their unwarranted arrogance, but reading the Oilers board actually makes me sad now. They deserve better than this ********.

Old
11-14-2013, 02:24 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

Quote:
Kadri hit on Granlund.

Nobody stepped into little rookie Granlund when we faced them and we paid the price.

--

Oilers Craig McTavish

Old
11-14-2013, 02:54 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

Quote:
Kadri hit on Granlund.

I think a one game suspension or fine is in order that.........if this did not happen first:

Now I think multiple games are in order.

Old
11-14-2013, 03:13 AM
MDN

I would be shocked if Kadri isn't suspended for the hit on Backstron, no one pushed him into the goalie, he just flung himself and his elbow to his head, ****in disgusting play by a dirty ******* rat.

Also, can't help but laugh at the oilers, shut out 3 games in a row, I wonder where all the smug self entitled fans boasting about the upcoming dynasty went.

Old
11-14-2013, 03:29 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDN View Post
I would be shocked if Kadri isn't suspended for the hit on Backstron, no one pushed him into the goalie, he just flung himself and his elbow to his head, ****in disgusting play by a dirty ******* rat.

Also, can't help but laugh at the oilers, shut out 3 games in a row, I wonder where all the smug self entitled fans boasting about the upcoming dynasty went.
If the Oilers don't improve by next year, I think they will be the ultimate cautionary tale, not only in terms of team building but also in organizational attitude. In case it has not been posted outside the Oilers' boards, here is a conference from before the season. Listen to Kevin Lowe. His answer is worth reflecting on for several reasons, and this vid explains why the Oilers fans here are now, for the most part, disillusioned.

Old
11-14-2013, 04:02 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

dat presser

im gonna go have a beer with my oilers fan friend just to hug him

Old
11-14-2013, 04:03 AM
MDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASPHEMOUS View Post
If the Oilers don't improve by next year, I think they will be the ultimate cautionary tale, not only in terms of team building but also in organizational attitude. In case it has not been posted outside the Oilers' boards, here is a conference from before the season. Listen to Kevin Lowe. His answer is worth reflecting on for several reasons, and this vid explains why the Oilers fans here are now, for the most part, disillusioned.

Kinda reminds me of the Philly press conference as well, but at least Philly have more competent ppl in their organization

Old
11-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Aceekay

That press conference was so cringeworthy. Lowe says there at the end of a 3 year rebuild, but Edmonton's been a pretty poor team since 2006-2007. I really don't blame their 1st overall picks for not playing up to there potential, but rather there scouting for not finding any decent player aside from eberle. Star players really do need a good supporting cast to be successful, the Miami heat are a perfect example.

Old
11-14-2013, 05:40 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
That's just brutal by Kadri.. hes clearly looking on both those plays to injure.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
That press conference was so cringeworthy. Lowe says there at the end of a 3 year rebuild, but Edmonton's been a pretty poor team since 2006-2007. I really don't blame their 1st overall picks for not playing up to there potential, but rather there scouting for not finding any decent player aside from eberle. Star players really do need a good supporting cast to be successful, the Miami heat are a perfect example.
Yes, absolutely.

What rebuilding does is get you the best prospects you can to build with - a core of players that will lead you in the future. If you draft high for a while some won't pan out and some will. Those are the players you can build around.

But as you develop you need to add depth as well. Smid for a bag of toys doesn't make any sense... The Oilers management just isn't very good. It's one thing to do a purposeful rebuild KNOWING you're rebuilding and doing it intentionally. It's a whole other thing to fail consistently and unintentionally land the top pick.

And the weird part is the huge contracts they've given out to guys who are unproven. Hall I can understand, he's earned it. But RNH? I love RNH, elite talent and I think he's a guy you can build around. But he hasn't done enough to get that kind of a contract yet... 7 years at 6 mil? Wow. Eberle 6 x 6?

And now you've got a rookie coach with these kids. Yakupov speaks up about his icetime... its a mess over there. Add in the Dubnyk suddenly stopped knowing how to play hockey and the injuries and it's been brutal. But mgmt really has gone about things the wrong way.

The Oilers need to clean house in the management ranks. They've got tons of talent but they've really gone about things the wrong way.

Closed Thread