HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread - LXXI - Everyone is better than us... except the Oilers!

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
Looks like he target the head on that hit!
For me, he did.

Look how he launches all the weight of his body upward to hit as high as possible. He could have easily hit Grandlund on the chest but instead he aimed in the head area. Not the first time he does this and if Shanny doesn't do anything about it, he will keep doing it. I think he deserves a suspension on this hit AND the hit on Backstrom. There was absolute no reason for him to go as fast/hard in the crease like that. Makes no effort to avoid contact.

The league pretending they want to reduce concussion is an absolute joke when they give 1-2 games suspension after a hit to the head. How will that reduce hit to the head. and concussions? They just punish but don't prevent.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:24 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That's just brutal by Kadri.. hes clearly looking on both those plays to injure.
We would be fuming this morning if he did that to Price and our D just watched. Can't believe how passive the Wild were on both dirty plays.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
We would be fuming this morning if he did that to Price and our D just watched. Can't believe how passive the Wild were on both dirty plays.
He would've turtled. I remember that game last season where he took a run at Eller, then stood over him like he was ****ing Ali.

Then he took a run at 5'9 Gallagher, but backed down when Gally went after him. He'll get whats coming to him soon enough.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:58 AM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
He would've turtled. I remember that game last season where he took a run at Eller, then stood over him like he was ****ing Ali.

Then he took a run at 5'9 Gallagher, but backed down when Gally went after him. He'll get whats coming to him soon enough.
One of these days he'll get Subbanged and it'll be a glorious day.

Old
11-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
One of these days he'll get Subbanged and it'll be a glorious day.
Or run over by our Russian freight train

Old
11-14-2013, 08:23 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Lol oilers using 5 forwards during a 5on3
That was a brutal 5 on 3, kept on trying the same one timer to Perron. Absolutely no movement to open passing lanes. Whoever drew up that PP needs to have a rethink about that.

Something is rotten in Edmonton.

Old
11-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
That was a brutal 5 on 3, kept on trying the same one timer to Perron. Absolutely no movement to open passing lanes. Whoever drew up that PP needs to have a rethink about that.

Something is rotten in Edmonton.
With all of these promising young players you would think this organization would be improving. This team will probably get another #1 overall pick. Sad state of affairs.

Old
11-14-2013, 09:01 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
With all of these promising young players you would think this organization would be improving. This team will probably get another #1 overall pick. Sad state of affairs.
There is and has been no leadership to bring the young guys along. Signing Ference this summer was good, but probably too little too late. Look at the Pens when they drafted Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal etc, they constantly surrounded them with vets like LeClair, Recchi, Roberts, Thibault, etc...

Also there is no balance on Edmonton, no good role/character players. Sticking with the Pens example, they had guys like Kennedy, Scuderi, Gill, Talbot, etc, very strong supporting cast.

Tough situation in Edmonton right now, can't exactly rebuild the rebuild. They probably need to break up the kids and trade an Eberle/Gagner maybe even Hall to get more veteran presence/leadership/balance in their lineup. Will be very interesting to watch what they do.

Old
11-14-2013, 09:20 AM
HatTricK09
(╯□)╯︵ uǝıɹɹǝɥʇ

vCash: 1801
I just thought about this scenario and now I'm curious as to what everyone else think.

Last year we all know Oilers in no way would consider giving Yakupov for Subban straight up. Now at this time they would take it and run.

But let's say that the season finished today and Oilers didn't get 1st overall pick, Buffalo did, and Buffalo offers Oilers their 1st overall pick for Yakupov, do they do it?

Old
11-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Frankenheimer

Kadri's behaviour strikes me as the real problem with enforcers. They create a culture of irresponsibility by emboldening players like Kadri or Grabovski. You put Kadri on a team like Detroit and you'd never see that attitude. I don't think it's a question of Kadri knowing that enforcers on his team have his back either, its more the culture it promotes. It makes players aggressive.

Old
11-14-2013, 09:46 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Kadri's behaviour strikes me as the real problem with enforcers. They create a culture of irresponsibility by emboldening players like Kadri or Grabovski. You put Kadri on a team like Detroit and you'd never see that attitude. I don't think it's a question of Kadri knowing that enforcers on his team have his back either, its more the culture it promotes. It makes players aggressive.
Not the enforcers' fault, imo. That's something that's pushed by a coach. Carlyle is still caught in the 90's clutch, grab and goon hockey.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Well, some will argue it's a good thing, claiming filling your team with goons will make the non-goons play fearless.

The biggest issue here is Caryle. I really don't want to hate the Leafs too much, since it would make their fans think their rivalry with us is more important than ours with the Bruins and we don't need to inflate their egos anymore.

But Caryle-coached teams are just disgusting. Seems like every player becomes a full on **** under him. Kadri is good enough that he doesn't need to pretend he's Matt Cooke. You can be dirty without being a headhunter, look at Subban.

You talk about no respect, look at Kadri (and Lupul) before Subban.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:02 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
I wouldn't mind Kadri's antics half as much if he wasn't such a whiner.

If you're going to be a dick and run around and do your agitating thing and play with an edge, don't put on the "who, ME?!" act when you get busted. Just shut up and go to the box.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309

Old
11-14-2013, 12:33 PM
sheed36

The Kadri hit on Backstrom thread on the mainboard is a beauty the last few pages.. Reimer getting concussed and missing an entire season due to Gionta's "flying elbow" to him..

Old
11-14-2013, 12:54 PM
HatTricK09
(╯□)╯︵ uǝıɹɹǝɥʇ

vCash: 1801
I just found out there's a Danish prospect named Nikolaj Ehlers out there

Eller's long lost brother?

Old
11-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Basszor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
I just found out there's a Danish prospect named Nikolaj Ehlers out there

Eller's long lost brother?
Honestly when i read the post on RDS about this guy I thought they were showing ECHL hockey or something

Old
11-14-2013, 12:59 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
So Kadri runs Backstrom and puts him out of the game and the Leafs assistant coach said during the intermission that they love the aggressive physical play by Kadri and he;s getting more ice time if he plays like that (the only physical play he had all game was 2 cheap shots btw).

Kind of seems like they're endorsing injuring players and throwing cheap shots. You see Lupul go for a headshot nearly every game, Kadri being a d-bag and Captain Stickwork. Saints bountygate in the NHL perhaps?
well he did double team Nino with someone (Fraser?) in a scrum so you could call that physical. and cheap. but like the ducks, that stuff works to get teams off their games. not necessarily a bounty situation but if you want ice time...Just some guys can execute the gameplan a little less obviously.

Old
11-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Or run over by our Russian freight train
Or by our Swedish one

Old
11-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Or by our Swedish one
Our Swedish refrigerator*

Old
11-14-2013, 01:07 PM
sheed36

Just waiting for the outrage from Leaf fans when Kadri gets a game or 2 and they reply with, but the Lucic on Miller and Gionta's "flying elbow" on Reimer hits didn't get anything so why should Kadri.

Old
11-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
I just thought about this scenario and now I'm curious as to what everyone else think.

Last year we all know Oilers in no way would consider giving Yakupov for Subban straight up. Now at this time they would take it and run.

But let's say that the season finished today and Oilers didn't get 1st overall pick, Buffalo did, and Buffalo offers Oilers their 1st overall pick for Yakupov, do they do it?
Yes and they use it to pick Ekblad who will be their Lord and savior

Old
11-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Just waiting for the outrage from Leaf fans when Kadri gets a game or 2 and they reply with, but the Lucic on Miller and Gionta's "flying elbow" on Reimer hits didn't get anything so why should Kadri.
They sort of changed the rules/iterpretation after Lucic, he should have gotten 3-5 games.

Gionta's was more accidental, Reimer was coming out as Gionta was crossing(outside the crease).

Old
11-14-2013, 01:25 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Quote:
Yes and they use it to pick Ekblad who will be their Lord and savior
I think Ekblad is a bit different from the rest of the kids they have. Everything I've seen and heard suggests he is a mature leader as well as a great prospect. As much as the Oilers will have to undergo a cleansing in their organization, I feel from a player standpoint that Ekblad is EXACTLY what the team needs to counteract the Halls and Eberles that are currently running the show. I could also say the same for Sam Reinhart, who is a hard working skill player that showed maturity and leadership from a young age. But if the Oilers continue to label every top pick as their savior, then more disappointment will come to this franchise.

Old
11-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

@EdmontonJack MacTavish says 1st 5-6 games Oilers "self-destructed," and made "Junior mistakes."

Closed Thread