HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread - LXXI - Everyone is better than us... except the Oilers!

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
just based on the "beat the **** ouf of most if not your entire team" description given by Analyzer, the bolded are out of contention...

and Iginla too as he used to "beat up" opponents but isnt doing it anymore (age)...
All those names i gave you are all powerforward because they play hard, they're using their shoulders, they are driving the net hard, they are playing with a edge and they go in the dirty area. They are imposing.

If only Gallaher and Pacioretty could trade height.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:31 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
All those names i gave you are all powerforward because they play hard, they're using their shoulders, they are driving the net hard, they are playing with a edge and they go in the dirty area. They are imposing.

If only Gallaher and Pacioretty could trade height.
if only you could read properly the posts you're quoting.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
if only you could read properly the posts you're quoting.
Simple question for you: do you think Pacioretty deserved to be named a PF with the names i gave you?

Answer is no.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:33 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Simple question for you: do you think Pacioretty deserved to be named a PF with the names i gave you?

Answer is no.
If you can't read posts you're quoting, quote someone else I have better things to do.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:34 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:

Answer is no.
Bobby Ryan is softer than Maxpac, so if that's the lower end of your PF spectrum, then yes.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Bobby Ryan is softer than Maxpac, so if that's the lower end of your PF spectrum, then yes.
Maybe i got carried over with Ryan as a powerforward, i agree. But Pac ain't no PF and that's why i would trade him for Simmonds.

Replace Ryan on my list by either Chris Stewart or Landeskog or any other powerforwards.

Old
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Agreed.

Old
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
and Perry isnt much tougher (he's trying though but he's no tough guy)

I mean, Francis Bouillon calice!

Old
11-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
and Perry isnt much tougher (he's trying though but he's no tough guy)

I mean, Francis Bouillon calice!
Bouillon is/was a tough customer. Perry is playing with a Powerforward Edge in his game that MaxPac isn't. Perry is a powerforward.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Leafs/Bruins will be more interesting than recent Hab games.

I used to enjoy watching PK's creativity until MT killed him.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:47 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Maybe i got carried over with Ryan as a powerforward, i agree. But Pac ain't no PF and that's why i would trade him for Simmonds.

Replace Ryan on my list by either Chris Stewart or Landeskog or any other powerforwards.
Trading a great player for an ultimately inferior player just because you like the latter player's style of play is insane. That's some Reggie Houle quality gm'ing right there. Maxpac is twice the player Simmonds is. And I really like Simmonds. You make that trade, and maybe Simmonds is fun to watch, but you just made the Canadiens a much worse team.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Perry got beat by Datsyuk, too. Perry is not a power forward.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:48 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Perry got beat by Datsyuk, too. Perry is not a power forward.
More of a 'dirty forward', I'd say.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:48 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Bouillon is/was a tough customer. Perry is playing with a Powerforward Edge in his game that MaxPac isn't. Perry is a powerforward.
how great of a power forward are you if 5'8 D men are giving you a hard time ?

and yeah, Cube is a tough customer, but "having a hard time" was generous on my part, Perry was clearly losing that fight ...

if THAT is a GOOD powerforward to you, then DD is a PWF too...

Old
11-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Trading a great player for an ultimately inferior player just because you like the latter player's style of play is insane. That's some Reggie Houle quality gm'ing right there. Maxpac is twice the player Simmonds is. And I really like Simmonds. You make that trade, and maybe Simmonds is fun to watch, but you just made the Canadiens a much worse team.
When you compare their stats, they are not that far off. Last year, Pacioretty had 39 points, Simmonds had 32 points. Two years ago, Pacioretty had 65 points and Simmonds had 49 points. And Simmonds has more than the double of Pims and hits than Pacioretty.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:56 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
When you compare their stats, they are not that far off. Last year, Pacioretty had 39 points, Simmonds had 32 points. Two years ago, Pacioretty had 65 points and Simmonds had 49 points. And Simmonds has more than the double of Pims and hits than Pacioretty.
average of 15 pts difference is HUGE.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
how great of a power forward are you if 5'8 D men are giving you a hard time ?

and yeah, Cube is a tough customer, but "having a hard time" was generous on my part, Perry was clearly losing that fight ...

if THAT is a GOOD powerforward to you, then DD is a PWF too...
You clearly don't understand something.

If a Powerforward fights and he's good at it, well it's a freaking bonus. But Perry is playing WAY tougher than Pacioretty. He hits, he's driving the net, he loves the rough stuff and he's using his body to protect the puck taking it to the net. That's a true PowerFoward.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:02 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

If a Powerforward fights and he's good at it, well it's a freaking bonus. But Perry is playing WAY tougher than Pacioretty. He hits, he's driving the net, he loves the rough stuff and he's using his body to protect the puck taking it to the net. That's a true PowerFoward.
obviously as I'm doing exactly like you, reading parts of posts I quote, interpret it any way I want and reply with something that doesnt fit with the posts I've quoted

Now if you don't get why I'm saying this, just go back to the 1st post (mine) you quoted. You should get it quite easily.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:05 AM
bsl

Quote:
With the rumor about Simmonds being available, i hope to god that we land him! I would even do a swap Pacioretty vs Simmonds. One of the biggest myth around our team is MaxPac being call a powerforward. He don't deserved to be called that. He's too much of a perimeter player and that's sad.
Then why would Flyers want him?

Old
11-09-2013, 09:06 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

who had more hits (average obviously as they didnt play the same amount of games) in their career ? Patches or Perry ?

Old
11-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
obviously as I'm doing exactly like you, reading parts of posts I quote, interpret it any way I want and reply with something that doesnt fit with the posts I've quoted

Now if you don't get why I'm saying this, just go back to the 1st post (mine) you quoted. You should get it quite easily.
MaxPac ain't no PowerFoward.

Anyway, i guess that's the unpopular opinion here, among Pac fan boys.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:12 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

That was a poor trade. We didn't get Fucale for him. We got a 2nd round pick. Fucale has nothing to do with Gauthier.
Logically incorrect. Without that additional pick we may not have been able to pick Fucale. He counts as part of the Cammy trade. And by the way, he could be one of the biggest picks of the last 15 years for Habs. His upside is massive.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Then why would Flyers want him?
They could use the scoring.

It's a bad swap for the Habs to make. They are already slumping and having a hard time scoring goals or even spreading out the scoring to three lines. Now they move a guy that can fire the puck and score goals for someone that can't do it as well, all because he plays a power-forward role?

That's a bad trade to make.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:19 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
They could use the scoring.

It's a bad swap for the Habs to make. They are already slumping and having a hard time scoring goals or even spreading out the scoring to three lines. Now they move a guy that can fire the puck and score goals for someone that can't do it as well, all because he plays a power-forward role?

That's a bad trade to make.
No you misunderstand. I was only commenting on the fact that the trade proposer said that Max was ****, and Simmonds is great. Therefore, why would the flyers want him? I was criticizing the stupidity of the proposal based on his own judgement of the players involved.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

In a perfect world, it would be to have Pacioretty and Simmonds on our team. But we're lacking so much the presence of a true powerforward in our top 6!

Closed Thread