HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Colorado Avalanche are 15-5-0

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Hans Landaskog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop40 View Post
Some of our fans are boasting a little too much. This thread should close soon considering it has gone way off topic and nothing constructive to talk about anymore.
Star Wars is always on topic. Wouldn't surprise me if Duchene get's shannabanned after the league finds out he had a hyperdrive installed in his skates.

Can't wait till we play TML again so we can make the Kessel Run.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Their entire team got injured

They would have easily made the playoffs.
We'll see. With this record, we should make the playoffs, but anything can happen. We are most definitely not as good as the record indicates, and it's harder to make the playoffs in this new format. All you need to look at is the current standings. We should be a mile ahead, but we're not. I realize a lot of that is games in hand, but we'll see.

It's a long road ahead. Avs fans need to cool down, there will be a regression.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Nazemlupul

Lol some Avs fans are starting to get pretty coacky

Old
11-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
Sarcastic maybe, years of losing have made us a very sarcastic bunch. Not seeing these coacky posts you speak of.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Novak Djokovic
#12 and counting...

The funniest part of the game was definitely Ovechkin acting like he got hurt really badly, and then when the ref doesn't call a penalty, he gets up and starts yelling at him.

I'm glad he's okay though.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:30 AM
RoyIsALegend
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
That's a wrap, this one should be closed. Nothing but an avenue for some Avs fans to gloat and some naysayers to troll.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
I wouldn't say cocky. I would say that a lot of Avs fans have had to endure some rough seasons and while a lot of fan bases see what they are doing as a fluke...we do not. Yes our defense is not as good as others around the league...we know that, but we have a VERY good top 9 and with the help of coaching, which is something we have apparently been without while Sacco was here, our young players are starting to believe in themselves and are learning how to win.

Whether it is a fluke or we keep playing well...our young players are taking HUGE strides right now.

So sure...call us cocky...but you know what? We wouldn't be acting somewhat cocky if other fan bases (and Im not saying all, nor is it everyone within certain fan bases) were acknowledging the hard work that the team is doing right now. Instead they pass it off as a fluke instead of giving the Avs credit for some good hockey.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
The bickering in this thread today had nothing to do with Avs record, but with Caps fans venting about refs in todays game in this thread for some reason.

Avs fans still realize we have only played 20% of the season.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Wizeman*

I say let the Avs boast a little. They really turned things around with good young players, good coaching and good trades. I am sure we can take a little gloating from their faithful.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Sharppi
5 more years of Dub.

vCash: 1139
I really like the Avs. before Wild was established, I followed the Avs in the west and have a soft spot for the team. Even as a divisional rival, I wish all the best to them and hope that their streak continues. Way to show Oilers how it's done and keep having the heated games with Detroit (and preferably win them all).

Old
11-11-2013, 12:45 AM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
That's a wrap, this one should be closed. Nothing but an avenue for some Avs fans to gloat and some naysayers to troll.
Avs deserve to gloat a little after they were casually dismissed early on in the season.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Taze em

The Avs are the number one biggest concern for the Blackhawks at this point. We've dealt with St. Louis before but the speed of Colorado always ruins Chicago's pinching style. X100 this season.

Whatever that's worth to the discussion. Colorado is a very real threat even if they fade as far as what my Chicago-centric view is worth.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:51 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I loved his kick, but I love top players who really bring the gamesmanship. It's why Luis Suarez is one of my favorite soccer players outside of the BuLi, and it's why that kick was hilarious. Especially with the way he tried to play it off, I could swear I heard him whistling inconspicuously as he did.
Suarez doesn't have the self control for gamesmanship. He just tries to cheat and loses his **** a lot. Hell of a player but I hate his guts.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:54 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
The Avs are the number one biggest concern for the Blackhawks at this point. We've dealt with St. Louis before but the speed of Colorado always ruins Chicago's pinching style. X100 this season.

Whatever that's worth to the discussion. Colorado is a very real threat even if they fade as far as what my Chicago-centric view is worth.
Yeah true we always seems to play well against the hawks and usually we split the season series. I hope next year we have a winter classic against you guys. The hawks are Hands down my favorite team to face whether we win or lose.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Weast
Ryan O'Money

Okay well this thread was fun, but let's close it up until the Avs have won the cup

Old
11-11-2013, 12:56 AM
frivolousz21

the avs are a +26 G/D.

That is really solid. A fluke team might be a plus 10 or so or even crappier while having a hot start.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Taze em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoAvs View Post
Okay well this thread was fun, but let's close it up until the Avs have won the cup
Colorado. League is better when you guys are in the hunt. At some point very soon people will have to respect your results this season. Again, very reminiscent of the dismissal the Blackhawks got when Toews/Kane started winning games.

I like it much less when you extend the comparison which makes Chicago the Red awnings and Colorado the Hawks . Time will tell.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:15 AM
LOLKarlsson*

Quote:
Colorado. League is better when you guys are in the hunt. At some point very soon people will have to respect your results this season. Again, very reminiscent of the dismissal the Blackhawks got when Toews/Kane started winning games.

I like it much less when you extend the comparison which makes Chicago the Red awnings and Colorado the Hawks . Time will tell.
And they have Mack too. If they're this good now, how good will they be when he becomes an 80 point player?

Old
11-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

How about Anaheim? Leading the league despite injuries. This Danish goalie just keeps winning. Six straight wins with him in goal.

Tampa are awesome too. Going from 28th overall to leading West and Stamkos scoring at will. Bishop has been very impressive.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:23 AM
moosemeister

Congrats to the Avs and their fans for turning it around as well as they have. Terrified of my team playing your team.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:26 AM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
How about Anaheim? Leading the league despite injuries. This Danish goalie just keeps winning. Six straight wins with him in goal.

Tampa are awesome too. Going from 28th overall to leading West and Stamkos scoring at will. Bishop has been very impressive.
A lot of teams are doing well. Its rather annoying haha. When we finally decide to be a good team again so does everyone else.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Taze em

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLKarlsson View Post
And they have Mack too. If they're this good now, how good will they be when he becomes an 80 point player?
While it hasn't shown I still feel like they're a few defensemen away from winning in the playoffs. Meanwhile, while I hold on to that thought, they continue to destroy everyone and play well defensively so who knows.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:31 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

The Avs, not Anaheim, have the best record in the league, and I'm neutral. Looking forward to the game on Thursday. Hoping to attend in two and a half weeks too. Glad to see the Avs back interesting.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
While it hasn't shown I still feel like they're a few defensemen away from winning in the playoffs. Meanwhile, while I hold on to that thought, they continue to destroy everyone and play well defensively so who knows.
Avs have some big needs on defense. They don't really have a good PP QB. EJ and Benoit are passable, but far from what you would expect from a first PP QB on a playoff team. Avs defense also lack some foot speed. There are some very slow defenders on the team (Guenin, Sarich, Benoit, Wilson) and Avs have been compensating by forwards working very hard to support the D. There will be games where teams with good transition will exploit the lack of mobility back there.

It's very much a work in progress. I think everyone realizes that. Roy certainly does.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:37 AM
No Face No Case

im sure its mentioned throughout but the AV's have a ton of capspace they could upgrade 3 positions easily with payroll room, they could get scary good.

Closed Thread