HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Burns to EDM

Old
11-04-2013, 02:55 PM
phillycheesekessel

vCash: 500
There are two reasons Burns will never be an oiler.
1. He is one of the most dynamic players in the league, being able to play any role when injuries occur. He is physical, plays an offensive and defensive role..... I could go on
2. Burns is 28 and in his prime. By the time the oilers are cup contenders he will be either close to retiring or not quite as good as he is now. The Oilers should be looking for a quality defenseman who is within a similar age of the young group they have.

phillycheesekessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 03:04 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks39 View Post
Hall+Yak. Burns is way too important to let go for the Sharks.
Why would you make such a stupid statement that makes you look so bad, at least be realistic.

Just what is wrong with some people.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 03:20 PM
SouthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Any Sharks fan who thinks Eberle would be a suitable base piece in a Burns trade hasn't watched Edmonton games. Eberle is hilariously lazy defensively, he wouldn't fit at all in our system. We'd lose a lot of size, a lot of speed, and Eberle's cap hit is actually higher despite his being an RFA when signed. Plus, this is a guy accustomed to losing.

Hall at least has great speed, and is a fiery captain type.
I am a sharks fan and would wayyyyy rather have eberle than hall in the basis of a trade.

Hall has speed i'll give you that, but he is not a heads up player at all, watch him play carefully, and it almost always seems like he has no idea of who is around him 75% of the time, why do you think he is getting injured? The guy has zero sense as to who or what is ever around him. Everything he does looks sloppy, and i truly do not believe he makes anyone around him a better player. I also fail to believe that he's a fiery captain type, these are more so factors put into by fans thinking that #1 overal pick + leading a team in ppg, equals captain material.

add to it his injury issues and hall is not even something that i'm remotely interested in.

In a vacuum Eberle+1st for burns gets the conversation started for me.

SouthWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Juxtaposer
RIP Long Beach Nativ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Why would you make such a stupid statement that makes you look so bad, at least be realistic.

I love how Oilers fans all flock to this one statement, like if you get angry enough about it people won't notice the ridiculous things Oilers fans have said in this thread.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Goodlad

vCash: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWest View Post
I am a sharks fan and would wayyyyy rather have eberle than hall in the basis of a trade.

Hall has speed i'll give you that, but he is not a heads up player at all. Everything he does looks sloppy, and i truly do not believe he makes anyone around him a better player. I also fail to believe that he's a fiery captain type, these are more so factors put into by fans thinking that #1 overal pick + leading a team in ppg, equals captain material.

add to it his injury issues and hall is not even something that i'm remotely interested in.

In a vacuum Eberle+1st for burns gets the conversation started for me.
As far as the bolded I definitely see Hall as the "fiery captain type". Many nights he seems like the only Oiler who is genuinely upset that the team is losing. This was true last season as well. I can agree he doesn't really make his linemates better, and often seems to even forget he has them, but I'm not entirely convinced this isn't a symptom of his environment. Between the two I'd rather have Hall than Eberle.

Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 03:27 PM
KPower

Doug Wilson would not do that to Brent unless he hates him form some reason.

KPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
Thornton Marleau Boyle UFA is decent incentive enough for me, that seems like the entire core of your team. Will they all re-sign at market price or match other teams inflated offers?
You clearly did no research before making this HIGHLY UNINFORMED statement.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I love how Oilers fans all flock to this one statement, like if you get angry enough about it people won't notice the ridiculous things Oilers fans have said in this thread.
lol, this.... um.... /thread

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 08:03 PM
SJSharks39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post

Why don't you read some of the Edmonton comments? Cause most of them have no idea what they're talking about. Obviously we are not giving up Burns. This is an entirely unrealistic thread. Why be realistic in imaginary land? That's boring.

SJSharks39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 09:06 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
None, I never said San Jose would move Burns, all I said was value wise Hall is worth a ton more.
Obviously not. Otherwise San Jose would not hesitate to make that deal. The reality is that the bloom is off the Oilers and their collection of young superstars in the making. They ain't all they're cracked up to be and their warts are really starting to overshadow their skill.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Captain Catatomic
SuprstitionCondition

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Catatomic
Everyone thought Alfy was gonna stay in Ottawa too, didn't they?

Captain Catatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Good luck trying to equate Alfredsson's situation with Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle...oh and find a way to make that turn into them going to Edmonton. None of these three want to go to Edmonton...period. No player their age that wants to win a Stanley Cup will go to Edmonton because their organization is a joke. Their fans are great and they have a great pool of forwards but their front office and coaching staff and philosophies are a joke and players know that.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Because going to Team Swede- er Detroit is the same as going to Edmonton.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Captain Catatomic
SuprstitionCondition

You're acting like Edmonton is the worst team in NHL history.. much like the 92-93 Sharks..

Old
11-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Captain Catatomic
SuprstitionCondition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
It's called a transition period. The past big guys are still the big guys but we know who the next generation will be in a couple years.
K, LOL so if one of your "transition" players is worth Hall+Yakupov, then WTH is one of your "big players" worth? Crosby+Malkin? All that japanese radiation must be getting to you guys. have some Iodine.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
You're acting like Edmonton is the worst team in NHL history.. much like the 92-93 Sharks..
Bravo, sir. Because what was done 20+ years ago matters to my point and right now. In actuality, I'm acting like Edmonton has the worst front office and coaching staff in the league right now...and they do. It's why they won't sniff the playoffs. It's why they won't attract any marquee free agent. It's why they're hanging in the basement right now.

You're the one making a case that guys like Thornton, Marleau, or Boyle would just sign in Edmonton because MacTavish may have an open checkbook and that's simply not the case. Those guys want to win and Edmonton is not the place for players like that to go. I didn't see Daniel Alfredsson itching to go to Edmonton. Edmonton isn't getting jack in the free agent market with the people they have running that ship.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
K, LOL so if one of your "transition" players is worth Hall+Yakupov, then WTH is one of your "big players" worth? Crosby+Malkin? All that japanese radiation must be getting to you guys. have some Iodine.
Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle aren't worth what Burns, Couture, Pavelski, and Vlasic are worth. The latter is more valuable than the former. What don't you get about that?

Old
11-05-2013, 12:28 AM
matt trick

Quote:
Who were rewarded with the 1st overall pick, oh wait....

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Juxtaposer
RIP Long Beach Nativ

Quote:
Detroit is a destination that NHLers flock to. Edmonton is a hellhole that NHLers try to escape from as fast as they can. Even if Thornton, Marleau, and/or Boyle left, they would go anywhere in the league before Edmonton.

Quote:
Am I supposed to be insulted? The 92-93 Sharks were an expansion team.

If you think saying the current Oilers, with 3 first overall picks on their roster, are slightly better than an expansion era Sharks team, that's not exactly putting the Oilers in good light.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Congrats. The Oilers right now are better than the Sharks in their 2nd season in the league.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

not sure why Oilers fans are trying to chirp Shark fans.... look at the standings..

in no way, shape, or form are Thornton/Marleau/Boyle going to sign in Edmonton...

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:08 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Bravo, sir. Because what was done 20+ years ago matters to my point and right now. In actuality, I'm acting like Edmonton has the worst front office and coaching staff in the league right now...and they do. It's why they won't sniff the playoffs. It's why they won't attract any marquee free agent. It's why they're hanging in the basement right now.

You're the one making a case that guys like Thornton, Marleau, or Boyle would just sign in Edmonton because MacTavish may have an open checkbook and that's simply not the case. Those guys want to win and Edmonton is not the place for players like that to go. I didn't see Daniel Alfredsson itching to go to Edmonton. Edmonton isn't getting jack in the free agent market with the people they have running that ship.
I kinda laughed. Then I realized it was true. I feel bad for the fanbase. They deserve a better managed team. They have the pieces... just the need someone to make it all work.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Mattb124

Quote:
You are talking up the team that has been 30th, 29th, 24th and now 29th thus far this season? I have got to think the 92-93 Sharks are laughing right now.

Mattb124 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
I kinda laughed. Then I realized it was true. I feel bad for the fanbase. They deserve a better managed team. They have the pieces... just the need someone to make it all work.
You are absolutely right. Fans deserve better than what they're getting. They have the pieces up front right now. Defense has some talent but that's the position where you need coaching more than anywhere else to realize that potential but they don't have that. And they love to blame the goalies but the players in front don't have the foggiest clue what defense is.

I've always said that if those players could learn how to play defense, they'd be dangerous but seeing them play, it's obvious that they aren't coached to do that.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Captain Catatomic
SuprstitionCondition

I can't hear you our 5 stanley cup are blocking my ear

Not to rub salt in your picking on an injury riddled team 15 games into the season, but we all remember what happened last time your awesome team played the lowly Oilers in the playoffs. Who's that behind the Oilers bench? Been so long I don't recognize him... I do recognize that Marleau guy on the ice though.. any others on your current team that were there? wait so if your guys lost to the worst front office guy in the league... then what does that make them?

Last edited by Captain Catatomic: 11-05-2013 at 01:44 AM.