HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part V

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 04:32 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I hate when people say "so and so isn't the problem"

if they are playing crappy then yes, they are part of the problem and there is no reason to have them in the lineup. that goes for Olesz, Gionta, whomever.
With the exception of a handful of players the whole team is playing like garbage. You can't trade most of the roster away.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Olesz should help Albany anyway, since they've just lost arguably their two best players in Merrill and Gelinas.

And it actually is good news that Merrill was well enough to travel. If he'd suffered a severe enough concussion, they'd never have let him go on the plane.
Maybe on someone else's training staff, but this one, I'm not so sure. He could have been decapitated and then they might have decided to let him drive home.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 45s
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said Olesz was placed on waivers for "roster flexibility" and won't necessarily be sent down if he clears.

So this is to clear space to keep the kids up and for Clowe to return (Merrill should and will go back when Sal returns I bet)

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
With all the injuries the team has now, they might need to call someone else up without putting someone else on IR.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:36 PM
RNCDevil

The problem with this team is two fold:

1. Every offensive possession is battle along the board, pass it behind the goal...pass it the other way...pass it the other way. Have .5 second? pass it to the point. D man turns over the puck from a block or missed shot. What? He got it through? Faceoff! Oh..loss of possession. Rinse and repeat.
2. Their PP has no entry.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Volchenkov (lower body), Elias (back spasms) and Zajac (sprained right ankle) are day to day.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 18s
No changes on Salvador (foot stress fracture) and Clowe (concussion symptoms). Not skating still.

Everyone is dead

Old
11-04-2013, 04:42 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Even if everyone was healthy I don't have much faith in the team winning games anymore.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Keep him around Lou. He's probably your best D-Man. Jettison one of the dinosaurs.

Hell at this point I'm fine trading Greene or Zidlicky with Ryder if it means getting a good young forward or a top line d in return.
I love this idea and was just thinking about this yesterday. I could see a playoff team that needs help on offense and some D maybe take both Zids and Ryder and yield a young FWD and a pick.

Last edited by MichaelJ: 11-04-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old
11-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
I love this idea and was just thinking about this yesterday. I could see a playoff team that needs help on offense and some D might take both Zids and Ryder and yield a young FWD and a pick.
This is deadline stuff though, not something you do now barely into the 2nd month of the season.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:00 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCDevil View Post
The problem with this team is two fold:

1. Every offensive possession is battle along the board, pass it behind the goal...pass it the other way...pass it the other way. Have .5 second? pass it to the point. D man turns over the puck from a block or missed shot. What? He got it through? Faceoff! Oh..loss of possession. Rinse and repeat.
2. Their PP has no entry.
I mentioned that last night in the GDT, we're a perimeter team filled with guys that are scared to attack the middle of the ice. All of our possession comes from the boards.

Dump-and-chase doesn't work because our guys are too slow to retrieve the puck, and no one beside Patty has the foot speed and puckhandling ability to consistently gain the zone.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:03 PM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
This is deadline stuff though, not something you do now barely into the 2nd month of the season.
Definitely a deadline deal, no question.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:03 PM
**** Farise
Can't Say Puck

This teams break out/zone entry on the power play has to be the worst organization I've seen from a professional hockey team.

It is so awkwardly set up and executed. Especially when Larsson is bringing up the puck.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Elias2626

Think about this .... what would Edmonton give in exchange for: Schneider, Greene, and Zidlicky? Talk about a blockbuster, but if the return is high, the Devils should consider it.

To Edmonton:

Cory Schneider
Andy Greene
Marek Zidlicky

To New Jersey:

?

Old
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
CerebralGenesis

Why would you dump all those pieces to Edmonton? Especially when there isn't a realistic return lol

Old
11-04-2013, 05:24 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias2626 View Post
Think about this .... what would Edmonton give in exchange for: Schneider, Greene, and Zidlicky? Talk about a blockbuster, but if the return is high, the Devils should consider it.

To Edmonton:

Cory Schneider
Andy Greene
Marek Zidlicky

To New Jersey:

?
It better rhyme with Fall.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:27 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias2626 View Post

To Edmonton:

Cory Schneider
Andy Greene
Marek Zidlicky

To New Jersey:

?
Certainly not one of the big three.

Zidlicky doesn't do anything for them and Greene's trade value isn't that high.

Schneider+Greene for Yakupov+Dubnyk is probably in the ballpark of what to expect, though I wouldn't want Nail anywhere near this coaching staff.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I have no faith in us resigning Schneider. The trend will continue and that's losing a key pending UFA for free. For those who think we'll resign him, I just need one solid argument as to why someone would want to stick with our team on a LTC, outside off landing the jackpot of all deals.

If we finish were I think we'll finish, I would be advising every team in the league during the offseason who's in need of a #1 goaltender that Schneider is available. I would try and resign him before taking that route but if he and his agent aren't on board, then you have to explore the trade route.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:32 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

For that bunch of players I'd want Nuge and you know that's not happening. I like Hall but hes already injury prone and he's a winger.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I have no faith in us resigning Schneider. The trend will continue and that's losing a key pending UFA for free. For those who think we'll resign him, I just need one solid argument as to why someone would want to stick with our team on a LTC, outside off landing the jackpot of all deals.

If we finish were I think we'll finish, I would be advising every team in the league during the offseason who's in need of a #1 goaltender that Schneider is available. I would try and resign him before taking that route but if he and his agent aren't on board, then you have to explore the trade route.
Islanders will probably scoop Cory away from the us in 2 years.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:46 PM
sbresistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post

I don't know, but maybe Schneider isn't quite the goalie he is made out to be. He, at least, still needs to prove himself before getting a monster deal - he hasn't won a Vezina or anything. He may stay if offered a decent deal

Old
11-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbresistor View Post
I don't know, but maybe Schneider isn't quite the goalie he is made out to be. He, at least, still needs to prove himself before getting a monster deal - he hasn't won a Vezina or anything. He may stay if offered a decent deal
This is his last chance to get a long-term contract. He'll be 29 by the time he's a UFA, he's going to get one. Whether it's from us or not is the mystery.

Old
11-04-2013, 06:03 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
This is his last chance to get a long-term contract. He'll be 29 by the time he's a UFA, he's going to get one. Whether it's from us or not is the mystery.
This.

Someone will throw him a solid deal regardless if it's from us or someone else. If we were able to hand over a ludicrous contract for Ryan Clowe, you know someone will throw big bucks on a long term towards Schneider.

We might have the best deal on the table, but I don't know why Cory wouldn't want to test the market if a better team comes calling. Schneider doesn't look like a money hungry player and if a better team offers him a fair deal, he'll probably take it so he can be on a competitive team.

I can see it already. Lou will try and sign him to a extention as soon as he can, won't be able to and we'll keep him for the entire year only to see him sign elsewhere july 1st with another team and we'll be walking with our pants around our ankles.... AGAIN.

Old
11-04-2013, 06:04 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

If take Nuge, Yakupov, Dubnyk for Zajac, Cory, Zid, Greene

Old
11-04-2013, 06:07 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
If take Nuge, Yakupov, Dubnyk for Zajac, Cory, Zid, Greene
The Oilers would be dumb to make such a move. I wouldn't touch Zajac with that deal, Zid is a pending UFA, Greene is nothing else but a 2nd pairing d-man and Schneider isn't locked to a LTC.

With that said, they would give up two 1st overall picks and a average netminder fot that type of return?

I wouldn't even move RNH for that entire package... so yeah, not happening, unfortunatly for us.

Old
11-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I must have walked into the NHL14 thread.

Old
11-04-2013, 06:31 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I must have walked into the NHL14 thread.

Pretty ridiculous when I re-read my post. I'm pretty sure nhl 14 doesn't let it through.

Closed Thread