HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barrie & Malone Recalled, Hunwick still with the team/Update (1/22): Malone sent down

Old
11-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsfanJack View Post
I'd be upset a bit if Bordy left. He's such a class act. He always stays on the ice at the end of each game to congratulate the boys himself as the go to the dressing room. He appreciates being in the NHL,
I'd say about 98% or so appreciates being in the NHL while the other 2% don't think about it so that's not a huge point to make.
Also playing about 5-8 minutes a night gives you a whole lot of energy to celebrate.
But management likes him and I doubt they are looking to trade him away after offering him a 3 year deal just a few months ago.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:41 PM
captaincheese
The BillDozer ~ PS4

vCash: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsfanJack View Post
I'd be upset a bit if Bordy left. He's such a class act. He always stays on the ice at the end of each game to congratulate the boys himself as the go to the dressing room. He appreciates being in the NHL,
I like that aswell, shows he fits in with the team. Stole the job from Giguere.

captaincheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
I'd say about 98% or so appreciates being in the NHL while the other 2% don't think about it so that's not a huge point to make.
Also playing about 5-8 minutes a night gives you a whole lot of energy to celebrate.
But management likes him and I doubt they are looking to trade him away after offering him a 3 year deal just a few months ago.
I don't get the point of this comment and, in general, the hate for Bordeleau. He doesn't make mistakes with the puck, understands his role, and hustles defensively. He's a fairly good skater for an enforcer and tries to plug in with the team wherever he can. He's everything you'd want in an enforcer.

As for Hunwick, I get the frustration with him playing big minutes, but he's pretty effective when not thrown into an important role.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Huis Clos*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pual Statsny View Post
I don't get the point of this comment and, in general, the hate for Bordeleau. He doesn't make mistakes with the puck, understands his role, and hustles defensively. He's a fairly good skater for an enforcer and tries to plug in with the team wherever he can. He's everything you'd want in an enforcer.

As for Hunwick, I get the frustration with him playing big minutes, but he's pretty effective when not thrown into an important role.
It's not hate, it's acknowledgement of the extreme niche role of enforcers. Just because he's a good hockey player for an enforcer, which he is more or less is, doesn't make him a good hockey player outside that role.

The role is utterly absurd in today's game. Enforcers play five minutes a night and occasionally have staged fights with other team's enforcers. Their impact is miniscule.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Bordy hasn't really done anything to make me think he's a liability out there. He's a big guy who throws some good hits, provides some energy, and isn't too bad with the puck. Plus, he doesn't really take dumb penalties. I don't really think you can ask for much more from a 4th line guy.

Pokecheque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Hesher
Sagan for President

About time. Barrie needs to play.

Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Sheet

vCash: 140
I don't have an issue with this. I mean I do. It's hunwick. How can I not?

But Barrie needs ice time and he just wont get it in the big club. Better to have Hunwick sit.

Sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pual Statsny View Post

Wait what? I only said that an argument that "he appreciates being here" isn't a very strong argument due to almost everyone appreciate being in the NHL who are there.

Then I said that management likes him, so I doubt they are shipping him away.

Where is the hate?
When did I say he doesn't understand his role, when did I say he isn't a good skater.

If you look for a useless and worthless post look at the one you posted.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheet View Post
I don't have an issue with this. I mean I do. It's hunwick. How can I not?

But Barrie needs ice time and he just wont get it in the big club. Better to have Hunwick sit.
Pretty much sums up my take on the situation.

Just hope to GOD they don't re-sign him, I don't care if he agrees to a two-way deal. GTFO.

Old
11-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:
Wait what? I only said that an argument that "he appreciates being here" isn't a very strong argument due to almost everyone appreciate being in the NHL who are there.

Then I said that management likes him, so I doubt they are shipping him away.

Where is the hate?
When did I say he doesn't understand his role, when did I say he isn't a good skater.

If you look for a useless and worthless post look at the one you posted.
Wow, you do you there, pal. I know it's hard on the internet, but not everyone is directly insulting you when they disagree with you.

I meant that I don't get what your saying "Most NHLers feel lucky to be there" adds...Bordeleau genuinely seems to appreciate the opportunity more than most players.

And I was targeting other posters by saying "in general." I'll admit that wasn't clearly stated. I meant to say that Bordeleau is not a liability; in fact, he seems to space the ice well for McLeod and whoever otherwise is playing. On top of that, he adds the enforcer role.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:30 AM
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Pretty much sums up my take on the situation.

Just hope to GOD they don't re-sign him, I don't care if he agrees to a two-way deal. GTFO.
You wouldn't re-sign him to a two way deal?

I know people love to hate on Hunny but he would be great in the AHL as a veteran presence for the young guys.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Cullen Bohannon

In regards to Bordy, does he:

A) Have more more goals than Giroux

B) Is an amazing player according to the corsi nerds

C) All of the above

Cullen Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 02:19 PM
AvsfanJack

Quote:
I wasn't starting an argument about the guy, was just giving my opinion why I like him on the team and why I would be upset if he left. And in my opinion, maybe he does appreciate it more then everyone else. He had to ride the pipeline in the AHL(some players don't have to go threw that), he doesn't play with the talented players, he get's very little minutes, and when he does get minutes he puts his body on the line. And afterwards he still looks the happiest of anyone on the team. Good s**t Bordy, good s**t

AvsfanJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Just saw the highlights of the St. Louis/Montreal game last night. Douglas Murray is looking even worse than Greg Zanon did last season.

I suppose in light of that, I shouldn't complain about Hunwick too much, but oy, hope to God this is his final year w/the Avs.

Old
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Foppa Frossa

vCash: 185
Quote:
Just saw the highlights of the St. Louis/Montreal game last night. Douglas Murray is looking even worse than Greg Zanon did last season.

I suppose in light of that, I shouldn't complain about Hunwick too much, but oy, hope to God this is his final year w/the Avs.
Last year was his final year with the Avs.

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Don't tempt it. A Dman could get hurt. Holden is apparently the extra forward.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
You wouldn't re-sign him to a two way deal?

I know people love to hate on Hunny but he would be great in the AHL as a veteran presence for the young guys.
No, I wouldn't. Dude just needs to go. If we need to have a "veteran presence" in the AHL for the kids there are hundreds of players who could fit that bill.

Old
11-06-2013, 04:16 PM
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa

Quote:
No, I wouldn't. Dude just needs to go. If we need to have a "veteran presence" in the AHL for the kids there are hundreds of players who could fit that bill.
and they would be a lot worse than Hunny.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa View Post
Last year was his final year with the Avs.
Until MacKinnon gets rightful possession of the number 22, he's still managing to screw things up with the Avs, therefore he's still with the Avs.

And he's one injury away from playing, so as others have said, don't jinx it.

Old
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Don't tempt it. A Dman could get hurt. Holden is apparently the extra forward.
The only way Hunny gets in a game is if there is not enough time to fly someone in from Erie. Or if they can't find an usher who can skate.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:26 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
I wouldn't be so sure.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:35 PM
hockeyfish

By the way, I had no idea I would stir up so much trouble with my Bordeleau comments. In the end, I don't see much need for a 5 minute a game player who fights once every 5 games. I feel like there is better use there.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
By the way, I had no idea I would stir up so much trouble with my Bordeleau comments. In the end, I don't see much need for a 5 minute a game player who fights once every 5 games. I feel like there is better use there.
Wholeheartedly agree.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
You're not alone. He's a fine player who does what is asked of him and he hasn't hurt us at all but I think we could be even better with someone like Malone in his place.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 07:51 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

Quote:
I think if the front office and coaches agreed with this he'd be in the East with a team like Montreal.