HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

New Jersey and Edmonton

Old
11-04-2013, 08:03 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Schneider's not resigning. might as well get something for him
Based on what? Not challenging, just wondering why.

11-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSeen View Post
Yeah he has "struggled" if you only read the stats. He has played great. The guy is always in the right position and never makes mistakes. Can't name a single goal this season he has been at fault for.
I see him as a less offensive version of Enstrom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Ya, Gags has a verbal NTC this year, and an actual one after, so he wouldn't be available
Which is unfortunate, as Gagner really isn't an ideal #2C by any means. It would be one thing if he could at least win draws, or was better defensively... but the Oilers need someone like Bolland, J. Jokinen or Stastny (well ideally Kesler or Staal - but being realistic) who's sound defensively, who can contribute a bit on the offense and win draws.

But with Gags locked up for 2.5 years, with a NTC kicking in in July, the chance to get a different #2C who's a better fit isn't really there. Unless you move Gags to the wing. Which I think is probably a better fit for him overall anyway.

11-05-2013, 04:09 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Horrible team, no real youth, prospect pool devoid of offense and no pick this year for a key player. would you resign?

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Horrible team, no real youth, prospect pool devoid of offense and no pick this year for a key player. would you resign?
It depends. If I want to get paid, I do. I'm not sure I see a lot of "good teams" where Schneider would be the legit #1 and who can pay him.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:08 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Would you resign with a team that's looking like their bound for a rebuild with no prospects in the pipeline when entering your prime years? I wouldn't.

There's teams on the rise who are a starting netminder away from cause real damage and the Oilers is the 1st team that comes to mind. The Flyers might be second on that list, so there's a couple of teams who are in need of someone like Schneider and who are also known to spend big when they want something.

I wasn't in love with the move when it happend for the simple fact that we took a massive gamble, yet again, with our 1st round pick that was the 9th overall pick. No one is arguing the talent of Schneider but he's only on a 2 year deal and we all know our track record when trying to keep our stud UFA's. There's no garantee that the prospect we would've taken 9th overall would've been the better decision but if we don't start stockpilling young talent pretty soon, we'll be in a very rough spot sooner rather then later.

If we can flip Schneider+ for a young up and coming forward and picks, it's something Lou needs to think about but since I've been a fan of this team for 20 years now, I know it's not a option Lou is willing to look at. The word "rebuild" is not in our Gm's vocabulary and we'll continue to suffer if he keeps on signing UFA's to patch the holes we have in our lineup.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Would you resign with a team that's looking like their bound for a rebuild with no prospects in the pipeline when entering your prime years? I wouldn't.

There's teams on the rise who are a starting netminder away from cause real damage and the Oilers is the 1st team that comes to mind. The Flyers might be second on that list, so there's a couple of teams who are in need of someone like Schneider and who are also known to spend big when they want something.

I wasn't in love with the move when it happend for the simple fact that we took a massive gamble, yet again, with our 1st round pick that was the 9th overall pick. No one is arguing the talent of Schneider but he's only on a 2 year deal and we all know our track record when trying to keep our stud UFA's. There's no garantee that the prospect we would've taken 9th overall would've been the better decision but if we don't start stockpilling young talent pretty soon, we'll be in a very rough spot sooner rather then later.

If we can flip Schneider+ for a young up and coming forward and picks, it's something Lou needs to think about but since I've been a fan of this team for 20 years now, I know it's not a option Lou is willing to look at. The word "rebuild" is not in our Gm's vocabulary and we'll continue to suffer if he keeps on signing UFA's to patch the holes we have in our lineup.
It comes down to can he find a competitive team that still has the money and space to sign him?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:22 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
It comes down to can he find a competitive team that still has the money and space to sign him?
Regardless, I just don't see him resigning with us on a LTC and if that's the case, Lou needs to cash in during the offseason if he's offered a deal and doesn't want to ink it.

I'm sick and tired of losing stud players for free come july 1st. We need to restock and add young talent A.S.A.P.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Marshal Rochambeau
USS Freedom Bringer

How about some junk/depth for Perron

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote