HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NHL Center Ice Questions

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2005, 03:08 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
NHL Center Ice Questions

Hey guys., I moved from Nashville to Kentucky last summer. NHL Center Ice looks like my only hope in keeping up with each Preds game. That is, assuming that Center Ice will be offered this year.

Has anybody ordered this service before? Is it a good investment? What is the price?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Old
07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
Hey guys., I moved from Nashville to Kentucky last summer. NHL Center Ice looks like my only hope in keeping up with each Preds game. That is, assuming that Center Ice will be offered this year.

Has anybody ordered this service before? Is it a good investment? What is the price?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!
I had the Center Ice package in 03-04 ... and it was well worth the $ ... I don't remember how much it costs, but it's cheaper the earlier you buy the package

Old
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think its 119 to 129, and its worth every penny. Its fun to watch every game of almost every team.....If your a die hard hockey fan, BUY IT! You won't regret it at all. Especially since there is always a late game usually of Van, Col, or some other exciting team, whereas the Preds games are usually earlier in the day.

07-18-2005, 04:27 PM
jstreet

Im sold already! Man, the upcoming season is gonna be sweet. And thats definetly cheaper than the season tickets I had last year.

Old
07-18-2005, 05:14 PM
handtrick

Can you believe Center Ice isn't offered in the Chattanooga area thru cable [I don't have a dish].

I hope NHL.com offers a video stream package...I would be up for that at least.

Old
07-18-2005, 05:56 PM
jstreet

yeah I will have to pick up a dish also.,a minor inconvenience

Old
07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Can you believe Center Ice isn't offered in the Chattanooga area thru cable [I don't have a dish].

I hope NHL.com offers a video stream package...I would be up for that at least.
I remember rumors running around that the NHL is going to do a "nhl.tv" the same thing that MLB is doing ... that sounds like the route you're gonna have to take

Old
07-18-2005, 09:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Center Ice is dirt cheap(about 130 dollars) and worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. I'd probably pay twice as much, honestly. You'll find that not only will you watch every Preds game...but you'll even find yourself picking interesting matchups to watch when the Preds are off...or when the playoff race is on...you'll find yourself watching games that affect the Preds(I remember my heart pounding during that Edmonton\Vancouver game that saw the Preds into the playoffs).

Buy it. You will NOT regret it.

Old
07-18-2005, 11:04 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
It's amazing....I'd get it just to watch HNIC and CBC's coverage. Too bad, you aren't allowed to have dishes at the place I'm living at during school. Might have to sneak something in though.

Old
07-19-2005, 01:58 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I was glued to that Van/Edm game! I had to turn it off because I was getting too nervous! (ahhh memories)

You also get full coverage of Hockey Day In Canada. That's always fun to watch. It's hockey all freaking day long...literally, from like noon to midnight with 3 NHL games, and all the good stuff in between.

Usually in the first week of the season they offer a discount (i think ~$20 off).

Old
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
pred33fan

I had it a few seasons ago and it's worth every penny. Time Warner in Cincy told me the package is $139 if I buy before a certain date. After that it goes up $20.

Old
07-19-2005, 01:09 PM
muddycreek*

It's illegal to NOT allow dish anywhere! You can install it anywhere you like regardless of zoning etc. restrictions. That was passed a couple of years ago.

Old
07-19-2005, 01:23 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycreek
It's illegal to NOT allow dish anywhere! You can install it anywhere you like regardless of zoning etc. restrictions. That was passed a couple of years ago.
What if you're in a house/apartment that you don't own? I'd say it's owner's decision. Lucikly the owner of my house is a real NICE guy

Old
07-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Brodeur

Once you get Center Ice, it's hard to do without. I'm between permanent housing situations, and I can't convince my new roommate to get digital cable (despite me offering to pay the extra $20 a month) for the six months that I'll be living there.

Old
07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Once you get Center Ice, it's hard to do without. I'm between permanent housing situations, and I can't convince my new roommate to get digital cable (despite me offering to pay the extra $20 a month) for the six months that I'll be living there.
If you're paying for it, then how cane your roommate stop you?

Old
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
If you're paying for it, then how cane your roommate stop you?
It's her house and she's doing me a favor by letting me live there temporarily. For some reason (she says the inconvenience of cancelling when I leave), she doesn't want digital cable.

Plus I know better to start fights with females

Old
07-19-2005, 02:06 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
It's her house and she's doing me a favor by letting me live there temporarily. For some reason (she says the inconvenience of cancelling when I leave), she doesn't want digital cable.

Plus I know better to start fights with females

you could cancel it yourself.

as for starting fights with women...that's a point well taken!!!

Old
07-19-2005, 03:17 PM
predperson

We had it for a few years but I got aggrevated that many of the Preds away games were blacked out......I didn't get it the last season for that reason.

Old
07-19-2005, 09:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson
We had it for a few years but I got aggrevated that many of the Preds away games were blacked out......I didn't get it the last season for that reason.
weren't they shown on FSS anyway, though?

When I lived in Nashville, I had it just to see other teams. I could simply go to home games and watch the others on Fox anyway.

Old
07-19-2005, 10:52 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

When I lived in Nashville, I had it just to see other teams. I could simply go to home games and watch the others on Fox anyway.
I've never ordered center ice, but my parents have it and it seems like 2-3 preds games a season that weren't televised by FSS would slip through the cracks. Those are nice surprises.

I have budgeted it for this year (hopefully it will be a bit cheaper). hnic is the best part, especially the late game on a saturday night doubleheader. It's also nice on Mondays when you're wanting to veg out and watch hockey and the preds rarely play on mondays.

nhl.tv, with archived games and more thorough highlights a la mlb.tv, would be nice. It's a godsend with baseball. If something happens in baseball and you miss it (like Manny Ramirez taking a break in the green monster last night), you can go back the next day (or that night) and check it out. Also, mlb.tv spreads the cost out monthly, so it's easier on the wallet to just pay for it in smaller installments. i don't think comcast lets you do that.

Old
07-19-2005, 11:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash
I've never ordered center ice, but my parents have it and it seems like 2-3 preds games a season that weren't televised by FSS would slip through the cracks. Those are nice surprises.

I have budgeted it for this year (hopefully it will be a bit cheaper). hnic is the best part, especially the late game on a saturday night doubleheader. It's also nice on Mondays when you're wanting to veg out and watch hockey and the preds rarely play on mondays.

nhl.tv, with archived games and more thorough highlights a la mlb.tv, would be nice. It's a godsend with baseball. If something happens in baseball and you miss it (like Manny Ramirez taking a break in the green monster last night), you can go back the next day (or that night) and check it out. Also, mlb.tv spreads the cost out monthly, so it's easier on the wallet to just pay for it in smaller installments. i don't think comcast lets you do that.
You can pay monthly, I'm almost certain. I just prefer to pay the 130 up front.

Old
07-20-2005, 06:09 AM
predperson

Quote:
No, all the away games were not shown on FSS.....I had to listen on the radio to some.

Old
07-20-2005, 10:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson
No, all the away games were not shown on FSS.....I had to listen on the radio to some.

hm, that's weird...and the broadcast from the other team was blacked out? even when there was no nashville broadcast, i could always watch the other team's broadcast. i can only think of two times that it happened last season...once again the sharks, once against the avs.

Old
07-20-2005, 01:03 PM
predperson

Quote:
hm, that's weird...and the broadcast from the other team was blacked out? even when there was no nashville broadcast, i could always watch the other team's broadcast. i can only think of two times that it happened last season...once again the sharks, once against the avs.
Yes.....this was season before last and there were several away games where it happened.......that's why I didn't reup last season (of course when I say last season, I mean the last season that hockey was played) to protest.

Old
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

get it and enjoy. Its so nice to watch your team on away games (if they aren't televised locally. Plus, it doesn't hurt to watch Kovalchuk or nash on a regular basis either. WORTH EVERY CENT! I still watch CBC Sat night, but the other games are great to watch during the week, even if you only catch the odd period or two a night.

Closed Thread